RingCentral Reviews

Reset
3.2
RingCentral Founder, Chairman & CEO Vlad Shmunis
Vlad Shmunis

Pros
  • Great product, relatively new space so always coming up with creative new marketing campaigns (in 5 reviews)

• Company has a good product, a lot of customers and shows dynamic growth (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing is clearly communicated and there's a strong lack of vision from VP's (in 3 reviews)

• work life balance, you get easily burned out (in 3 reviews)

Good place

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice new spacious office, nice gym in the office, gourmet food everyday.

Cons

No obvious culture or vision for a company.

Advice to Management

Managers should pay more attention to promoting, training of a staff.

Challenging and tough environment but room to improve

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great food and nice new office
    Most of the people doing the work are great to work with (must to proactive to get it though)
    Finally we got a legitimate Internship program this year, I guess we are trying to hire more millennials which will be good for the culture and future for the company.

Cons

Executive Leaders do not often follow proper process, they expect a lot and often times no directions but blame others.
    They need to talk to their team members and try to understand everyone is working super hard and a little appreciation is needed
    Upward mobility gets plateaued at a certain point in people's career
    Some internal processes could be improved and better defined

Advice to Management

Don't be cheap on good people although i do love the focus on product but let's makes sure the systems are stable.

Long hours, big stress, very Russian environment. C-level manages by fear.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst

I have been working at RingCentral

Pros

The food is good, the pay is pretty good, there is lot's of attrition and turnover so if you stick it out you can get promoted.

Cons

If you want to work in a very stressfull environment where you might bet yelled at and thrown under the bus at any moment this place is the place for you. You need to cover/protect yourself at all times, that get's really old very fast. There are many good people here, it is unfortunate that they do not stick around very long and make it to upper management. Upper management scares it's directors and that style dictates how they treat the people that report to them. It is a Russian owned company. The attrition speaks for it's self.

Advice to Management

They do not care what their people think, so advice to them is a waste of time. Good example are the special parking spots for the top two execs in the company right on front of the building. That is not the silicon valley way, does little for morale of the employees.

Joining the RingCentral Team was my best career move yet!

I have been working at RingCentral full-time

Pros

All benefits are free and included. Breakfast and lunch is provided each day for employees and there are two full service kitchens where you can get drinks and food all day if you need it, free to all employees. Culture and atmosphere is fun and there are video game rooms, ping pong tables, putting greens, all for employees to feel relaxed and drive a positive work place.
    (Also I felt I had a really good on-boarding here and training)

Cons

If you are lazy....find a different place to work! Here we push each other and don't tolerate excuses.
    If you are a hard worker, I will tell you a con when I find one.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. It personally keeps me extra motivated everyday to see my colleagues moving up and knowing that I have a long term career here as long as I work hard.

IT Manager

Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Manager in Tracy, CA
    Former Employee - IT Helpdesk Manager in Tracy, CA

I worked at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fancy office's and they feed you well.

Cons

Very poor upper management .
    I was an IT manager and every since I got a new boss, who brought in another best friend of his as my middle boss, life in IT went downhill.

I found another job and moved on.

Anyone looking to work in IT, please move on. You'll not go home happy any single day of your work week.

This review is specifically targeted towards anyone looking to work in IT.

Advice to Management

Who am I to give advise? They make way too much money to know what NOT to do at work.

7. Fun & Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Constantly improving culture. (should always be improving)
    - Exposure to various technologies to learn.
    - Great new HQ campus. (full service restaurant with amazing food)
    - Very innovative.
    - Tons of room for growth if you put in the time & hard work.
    - Good work/life balance.

Cons

- Lack of communication between teams. (prioritization issues with projects)
    - Need more qualified PM's to keep things flowing smoothly.
    - The title brings added responsibility but doesn't make you better than anyone. Limit the egos.
    - Typical start-up growing pains but not bad. (public company with a start-up culture is still nice)
    - Let the employees speak more. (we're driving the success)

Advice to Management

- All-in-all, keep up the good work.
    - Limit the micro-managing as it's us that make you look good.
    - Work together on prioritizing projects and don't let the job title dictate what gets done first. (thats not good for company morale anyhow)
    - Keep pushing to keep up with the joneses. (not always cheap but lets keep the talent here)
    - Put career growth plans in place for your teams. (could save a ton of $$ hiring from within)

Depends on what you are looking for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at RingCentral full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch 3 days a week
    Fun atmosphere
    Young workforce
    Great benefits

Cons

No clear vision of where the company is going
    No follow through from management on promotions
    No communications from management/executives
    Not great pay

Advice to Management

Answer emails of your employees! Don't let them become stranded islands with no help or guidance!

GREAT PRODUCT, POOR MGMT

I worked at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic people. I had some pretty amazing mentors. Majority of employees are also friends with each other, not just co-workers.

Cons

Management is willfully ignorant. It's not like they haven't had feedback, they just don't care!

No HR-not a professional work environment, no confidentiality, and run by recruiters who are not qualified and treat employees poorly! They have no power at all and you cannot expect anything from them when you complain.

Horrible Mgrs. who have no idea how to manage and develop talents and w/out any leadership qualities that inspire or encourage.

Lack of strategy & direction: Unrealistic goals and it feels like you're being set up to fail with last minute decisions, constant changes in plans, but overall deadlines never change. (You end up missing your MBO)

Not enough 1:1/performance reviews.

Lack of respect: Emails go unanswered and you end of having to constantly nag for a response.

Lack of communication within company. Half the employees don't know the full product or what's launching, when.

Last, but not least... Most of the "good" reviews and interviews are planted.

Advice to Management

Quit planting reviews - Start listening to employees working in trenches... It's a good view of reality!

Paradise for Russian people

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place if you like a bunch of fake people and love being worked to death. Some call it "challenging" ...try it for yourself and I guarantee you'll be writing a bad revaiew here soon.

Cons

Unless you are Russian, or an executive, this company will treat you like garbage. You will constantly hear the excuse, "It's just Russian culture..." Uhmmm, we are in America now. Being totally rude to people you see everyday doesn't make being Russian an excuse. 75% of them walk around with noses up high. People you see every single day for years don't even smile or acknowledge you in the halls. The people here really give the Russian culture a bad name. All the reviews you see are most likely not from headquarters. Let ANYONE work at headquarters for a few months and you will see them begging to relocate or they quit.

Advice to Management

Your entire company culture and attitudes just stink! You think you are above the law and don't have to follow rules. Your high level people are all corrupt, and just look out for themselves. Shame on you! At least if you get bought out by some American company, the crap people and culture can be discarded... then you MAY just have a great product by itself! You poor excuse for a legit business. Jerks!

Execs in Ivory Tower, and no HR.

I worked at RingCentral full-time

Pros

Free food, nice people, good location, great benefits.

Cons

Executives sit high in their ivory tower and do not give employees the resources they need. There is basically no HR department. HR is run by recruiters who are not qualified and they treat employees poorly.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees needs, and hire an real HR department.

RSS Feed </> Embed