RingCentral

Updated February 20, 2015
3.4

RingCentral Founder, Chairman & CEO Vlad Shmunis
Vlad Shmunis

Pros
  • Great product, relatively new space so always coming up with creative new marketing campaigns (in 5 reviews)

• Company has a good product, a lot of customers and shows dynamic growth (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no HR and the whole company is run on threats and fear (in 6 reviews)

• Nothing is clearly communicated and there's a strong lack of vision from VP's (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

has lived up to the promise

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros - Growing company, lots of users, high impact work, love my coworkers. It's a product that is changing the world.

Cons

Cons - Not an easy job, changes impact millions of users which can sometimes be very stressful.

Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend - I'm optimistic about the outlook

Great Team

I have been working at RingCentral

Pros

Great teams to work with cross functionally. A lot of talented people that collaborate with others well. Free to explore on your ideas and get creative, Leadership Academy for aspiring and growing leaders. A lot of career advancement opportunities. Awesome culture.A strong resume builder

Cons

Pay could be better

Look at compensation more frequently and make sure it lines up to market value. 401k matching would be nice

Nice to enjoy coming to work!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (more than a year)

Pros

RingCentral is a huge change of pace from previous employers I have had. It is a very energetic environment, and embodies a work hard play hard mentality. It is nice to be in a role, where your opinion is considered and help is never too far away.Great benefits, a relaxed work environment, and good pay are all factors that contribute. Not to mention they feed us everyday. Personally, I enjoy knowing that if I put in the effort I will be rewarded accordingly. Pay is pretty good. Management is responsive, and easily accessible. It's very nice to come to work, enjoy your role, and have a sense of fulfillment at the end of the day.

Cons

My only complaint is I would like to know my goals a little quicker each month, but it is getting better every month.

demanding, rewarding and competitive workplace

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

qualified, experienced and hard working team of people

Cons

need to hire more/better talent

hire faster, better and quality folks, at industry rates to increase employee acquisition and retention...

Fantastic place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (less than a year)

Pros

RingCentral has a market leading product
    Very collaborative environment
    Catered lunch MWF
    Great benefits
    Great leadership in the Sales Org

Cons

There are very few cons that I have found since joining, but if I had to pick one, it would be location. Not ideal if you are commuting from the far south bay or the city. We do have free shuttles from the train station though, so not bad if you take public trans.

Great employees, fun office

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy working as a member of the marketing team at RingCentral. Great product, relatively new space so always coming up with creative new marketing campaigns. Nice to be able to work with people from every department, don't feel like you're in a silo of 1, it's really a team effort and everyone comes together to get the job done!

People are very friendly, creative office space (love my convertible desk, so I can sit or stand while I work), catered lunches are great, fun team outings to celebrate big accomplishments!

Cons

Steady employee reviews would be appreciated. I would like to know how I'm performing, and what I could be doing more of on a consistent basis. This will help me better manage my team as well. I think it's been about a year since my last official review.

Keep hiring great people! Move sales and marketing back together (we miss the energy and excitement!!).

Loved working at RC. Learned a lot. Played a lot.

Former Employee - Vice President, Business Services in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President, Business Services in San Mateo, CA

I worked at RingCentral full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fosters innovation and entrepreneurship culture. Great product that sells. A very strong management team who knows what they are doing. A great platform to learn and grow yourself. I personally grew overall as a better professional by touching all parts of the business.

Cons

Building location and overall facility challenges. I think it's getting fixed now.

Communicate more often with employees

Energetic and quirky characters

Current Contractor - Administrative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Contractor - Administrative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at RingCentral as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

RingCentral has the nicest employees. There are so many different types of people: young and old, serious and funny, soft-spoken and way too loud for their own good. All of them precocious to the bone and such a pleasure to work with. I have the fortunate task to interact with mostly everyone at HQ and at our other locations and each person I observe go above and beyond in their work ethic, to resolve any problems or disputes, and to create a welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere.

Cons

There are few challenges to working here but one would definitely be that we are still growing, learning, trying to get things right. We're constantly building our family and it's difficult to have limited resources we can utilize as efficiently as possible. We will continue to make mistakes and thus continue to learn from them.

It's necessary to have supervisors be an example in creating the welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere. It is them, to whom we look to for guidance and encouragement. It is in my opinion that any department is as strong as their leader.

Survivor for Silicon Valley

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ruthless execution makes the revenue grow real quick.

Cons

It's like the 'Survivor' show.

Teach everyone how to speak Russian.

Awful Company

I worked at RingCentral

Pros

Decent competitive product. Good pay. High growth potential.

Cons

Bullies. Disorganized management. Unprofessional environment. High turnover in staffing, sales, technical services, NOC etc.

I think you already know what to do, you just don't do it.