RingCentral Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
RingCentral Founder, Chairman & CEO Vlad Shmunis
Vlad Shmunis

Pros
  • Great product, relatively new space so always coming up with creative new marketing campaigns (in 5 reviews)

• Company has a good product, a lot of customers and shows dynamic growth (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing is clearly communicated and there's a strong lack of vision from VP's (in 3 reviews)

• work life balance, you get easily burned out (in 3 reviews)

1. Excellent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RingCentral is a very fast paced and high energy place to work. Everyone knows how to work hard and there are no slackers.

Cons

If you are a slacker, then RingCentral isn't the place for you. Too much free candy and food. Maybe that's not a con, but it was for me.

Channel Sales Manager - Horrible Leadership

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Belmont, CA

I worked at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The VAR Program cohesive with Direct Sales. The product sells itself, and as a Channel Manager, all you need to do is keep up.

Cons

Horrible leadership. Toxic team environment which trickles from the top down. More drama and stress than worth the pay.

Advice to Management

Good, hardworking, and skilled employees are hard to find. Better recognition of such people should emphasized.

3. Not a bad gig

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at RingCentral (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible company, decent product. Good benefits. It's really not a bad situation especially in a lead generation capacity.

Cons

Cut throat environment. Keep your head down and do your job. If you get buddy buddy it'll be easier to get stepped on. Let your (good) performance be the only thing people remember about you. Anything else will be used against you.

Advice to Management

Hire Managers. Top sales performers are not necessarily good managers.

5. Good potential but a gap between reality.

Former Employee - Channel Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at RingCentral full-time

Pros

Good culture with a fun atmosphere. Selling great technology in a growing industry. Well stocked kitchen and plenty of catered meals to enjoy

Cons

The company is run by developers and not by business people. That is at least until Dave Berman came in as President. There is a lot of disconnect between what is realistic in the field and the lofty Wall Street projections.

Advice to Management

Manage the people and not the numbers. The culture was much better pre IPO and now there is the feeling that you are just a number on a spreadsheet.

6. NOC becomes @#!$%

Current Employee - Global NOC Systems Engineer II in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Global NOC Systems Engineer II in Centennial, CO

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OPS engineers are good and very professional people. It is my pleasure to work with bright and extremely smart technicians across the globe.

Cons

NOC was a good place until December 2014 when new Sr. NOC Director was hired. She converted our culture to the weird style. Now we have finks who are under protection while the rest of the personnel are not respected. We have been prohibited to talk to other OPS team members and currently as NOC specialists we are completely out of tech knowledge and have no idea to whom we work with in OPS. Anyone who rises concerns about new culture can be immediately fired. One of my co-worker was recently fired by phone couple others, good for them, found new jobs. Seeing such things I realized that all of my peers and NOC managers are completely intimidated and looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

I would recommend to upper management keep an eye on the situation in NOC. Sooner or later this can affect its functions.

No HR and petty tyrant execs

Former Employee - Technical Operations Engineer in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Operations Engineer in Belmont, CA

I worked at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Acceptable and free food, in-house gym and other funs like ping-pong and table soccer. Peers and my director are really good people. Team where I worked with had multiple offices and it was new experience for me how to make job done across the globe. My director did his best in terms of knowledge transfer and brought newcomers up to speed incredibly fast. We had quarterly goals and were free to propose improvements in business framework to do our job more effectively. Most of them got implemented and I was filling my influence. People inside of my ex-team were like a big family, everyone was very polite and supportive.

Cons

HR doesn't exists in RingCentral. Though there is an HR of course but specialists there do just hiring and nothing around of real HR staff. Initially I found HR specialists a bit arrogant but then I realized that this is just a self-defense because HR is between petty tyrant execs and the rest of the people. There is no proactive HR work. They lose skilled professionals and absolutely unaware what is going on on the market.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Hire good HR leader. Stop thinking that free breakfasts and lunches can keep people in your company. Start following policies which were introduced by you. Do not fire people at the same day if someone notifies company couple weeks in advance. Try to talk, probably people really like to work in your company and wait from you a counter-offer.

Some departments are okay. Mine was *%&@%!

Former Employee - Marketing Department
    Former Employee - Marketing Department

I worked at RingCentral (More than a year)

Pros

Money was nice. Perks are decent (meals, drinks, snacks, and a fancy kitchen). team-building trips were good.

Cons

Dysfunctional environment. Unprofessional people. Impotent and mostly incompetent HR (though they are nice). Perm. employees don't get 401(k) matching.

Advice to Management

Ha. They'll never listen anyway.

Would not recommend to my friend

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at RingCentral (More than a year)

Pros

Good team. Really nice people

Cons

Too much politic. Poor management

Advice to Management

keep simple

Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, co workers, coffee, snacks, supplies

Cons

Poor management, RingCentral will fire you in a minute. RC believes a customer before their employee and will fire you on the spot or on a conference bridge. HR Sucks!!!! Who fires people on a conference bridge???? The company thinks by feeding the employees they will stay.

Advice to Management

Hire a NEW Director

11. RingCentral is ok

Former Employee - Security Audit and Compliance Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Security Audit and Compliance Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I worked at RingCentral (More than a year)

Pros

Good company, products and leadership.

Cons

None that are worth mentioning.

RSS Feed </> Embed