Rio Rancho Public Schools Reviews

3.5
CEO

1. I love my job with RRPS

I have been working at Rio Rancho Public Schools part-time

Pros

Working with people who really care about Children

Cons

Pay is lower that Albuquerque

2. Worked with them for two decades.

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Rio Rancho Public Schools full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very focused on children; strong support at the school level and very good salaries for all levels of staff in the schools and at the district office.

Cons

They often try to do too much and lose focus. There is tremendous support at the schools and administrators work hard to keep teachers' plates from being too full.

Advice to Management

Support in removing excessive and unnecessary constraints on teaching.

3. Better than most districts , but nevertheless in need of improvement

Pros

Pay is generally higher than other districts. School grounds are usually nicer, as well , in comparison to APS facilities, at least. It really depends on the administrators at the school to set high standards while providing ample support to the staff and students. Higher population of Special needs students is common in RRPS, due to the better reputation it has as a school district.

Cons

Classes are overcrowded, and there is a general lack of support by administration and the District. There are so many standardized tests, you can barely focus on teaching. Special needs students are highly unsupported, but I heard it's worse in other districts.

Advice to Management

Support your staff, and pay more attention to intervention methods and the overall well-being of the morale at your school.

5. Overall, nice district to work for if you are a teacher in NM

Former Employee - Teacher in Rio Rancho, NM
    Former Employee - Teacher in Rio Rancho, NM

Pros

Every principal and dean I worked for was fair, helpful, and supportive. Kids are great, facilities are very nice.

Cons

They will pay you as little as possible. They will go out of their way to keep money from you. They once made a mistake on my placement on the salary scale and instead of giving me the money I was owed in the next paycheck, they divided the monetary amount of their mistake by 11 and dispersed it throughout the year.

Advice to Management

you get what you pay for

6. Very rewarding yet challenging.

Pros

Close knit district, new schools and support facilities, supportive community, opportunities for further educational advancement, great mentorship programs, open new ideas.

Cons

Budget cuts, community growing faster than schools, money not reaching the classroom.

Advice to Management

Do better with the funds that you do have. Administration is heavy at all schools. Some of the money spent on those jobs should filter into the classroom where it will really make a difference.

RSS Feed </> Embed