Ripley Entertainment

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Pattison Jr.

Interesting experience, teaches you customer service and to have tough skin.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFun environment to work, usually everyone is the same age and like to have fun when working.

ConsFavoritism, blind eye to particular peoples actions, very clique-y, those who the job through interview rather than friend referral have attention mostly on them when comes to mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't favor certain workers over other and turn a blind eye just because they are you favorite.

Fun company, great perks...but low pay

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gatlinburg, TN

ProsThis is a fun place to work full of diverse people. You get some great perks including free admission to most area attractions.

ConsLow pay, and most employees are kept at part time hours to avoid providing them with benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize quality employees, give them more opportunity to become full time and you will keep a better staff with less turnover.

Focused on taking people's money and not giving them fun in return

Food Attendant (Former Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsLaid Back, not much interaction with upper management

Consbad employee discounts, poor management team

Advice to Senior Managementget fired

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ripleys entertainment provided me growth

Sales (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

Prosprovides growth great on the job training. The leadership will train anyone that needs training. Everyone on staff is treated like a family memeber

ConsThere is very little that the leadership team can do better. They are already doing a wonderful job.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Great attractions but lousy leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAlways something interesting happening. Opportunity to meet & interact with great people & see amazing things

ConsThey will work you to death & still expect more without offering fair compensation. Corporate management is terrible. Totally out of touch with the employees making them all the money. Executives get raises, bonus and a corporate jet while workers have wage freezes and no bonus and no benefits. Corporate managers very condescending.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead weight in corporate who make everyone's life miserable. Appreciate the ones who work hard & are respected by the "working" people. Follow through on promises of promotions and positive changes.

Stressful environment, difficulty working with corporate, not willing to change

Controller (Former Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

ProsI love my staff and I really miss them.

ConsDifficulty with corporate. You are trying to improve processes and procedures and to show that the employees are valued but corporate undermines you. Corporate does not like change and is not willing to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace change and you have hired several employees that have great ideas and have experience in this industry and you should take advantage of this talent and use it to increase your profitability.

Phenomenal !!

Analyst (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat experience, fun, challenging, the people are amazing!!

ConsNothing, if you want a boring work experience then you shouldn't work here...Believe it or not!!

Advice to Senior Management1) Try to avoid bottle-necks it slows everything down
    2) The company is ran from the bottom up, similarly to a service industry. I think that limits the growth in the long term. Overall, management is very strong!!

just read

Supervisor (Former Employee) Gatlinburg, TN

ProsI worked for ripleys for a number of years. i was a supervisor 5 out of the almost 6 years i was there. I loved my job until the management stopped listening and didnt want to to consider evolving certain aspects that would have made a major difference. Instead they keep using the same old tired idea moral dropped and eventually the customers where losing satisfaction in the attraction i loved and cared my about job. It is sad to see to it especailly on tripadvisor and hear comments from other people on how terrible the show is and how rude some of the staff has been at this attraction. I know i could completely changed it around, but they let personnal invovlement cloud judgements and its sad. Even after giving a 4 week notice i was removed from the place was good at and was never allowed to come back.

ConsWith that said I look at the haunted adventure with sadness because it was great once apon a time and their lack of caring is starting to show through. I read the reviews and i laugh because they should have never of let me leave, because I took a 30yr old haunted house that had a horrific past and within my first year of taking over we as team went form 38 to the top 25 things todo in gatlinburg. on our facebook fan page from 700 likes and 630 visits to over 1900 likes and over 1300 visited just in 6 months and we are still going.

Advice to Senior ManagementDONT JUST LET YOU GEMS JUST WALK AWAY AND NEVER STOPPING LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE THAT KEEP YOUR ATTRACTIONS GOING ON THE FRONT, I PROMISE WE HEAR AND SEE MORE THAN YOU DO. THANK YOU

It helps you build the critical values of what any workplace would need in an employee.

Cashier (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsYou meet people from all over the world and experience everything a downtown attraction city might have to offer and then some.

ConsNone. If you are a type of outgoing person that loves face to face interaction then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

It is very cool

Cashier (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIt is so much fun

ConsI couldn't stay any longer

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Ripley Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!