Ripple Labs Reviews

Ripple Labs Co-Founder & CEO Chris Larsen
Chris Larsen

Great company

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Interesting work
    * Great people
    * No bureaucracy - able to get things done quickly
    * Fast-paced

Cons

Very little structure that allows you to get involved in different projects but also makes it unclear who should make certain decisions

Open-source mission-driven company with the resources of a traditional company

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time

Pros

Working at Ripple Labs is truly unique- we're proud of code we put out there because thousands of people around the world view and copy it.

My colleagues impress me every day with their dedication and thoughtfulness. Everybody is here for the right reasons. We're working on challenges at the forefront of finance and technology, which translate into the sort of motivation that feel like a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Cons

At times, the company feels like a bunch of disjointed small projects

More alignment and clarity of purpose will help everybody do their job better

Open, Inclusive, Constructive

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ripple Labs has the opportunity to improve financial settlement worldwide. The leadership is committed to achieving this goal, not as a disruptive startup, but as a constructive partner in the financial industry.
    The development team is passionate about open source software.
    Management is continually exploring new benefit opportunities for employees.
    The office in downtown San Francisco is top notch.

Cons

The company is growing at an incredible rate, but there is still need for more developers.

Keep preaching the company values, and continue to reassess as we grow and achieve success.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engaging academic environment

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've found almost the whole team to be super engaged and passionate about what we're building. The lack of get rich quick mentality is really great. Management and the team really are more focused on bringing positive change to the financial world, rather than on chasing a payout. Tons of opportunity to grow, as the leaders in all areas are very experienced and willing to engage.

Cons

Typical challenge of too much to do, in too little time.

Keep it going! Communication of economics of distribution strategy and long term vision could be better.

Ripple Labs is a breath of fresh air

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ripple is hands down the best company I've worked for so far. VP does a great job with instilling culture - happy hours and team building events, I like! Prior to Ripple, I've worked at other startups and corporations - corporate sector was not for me - too much red tape, politics, and huge egos. I'm in a more entry-level role here, and don't get the condescension I've gotten at other companies I've worked at. Everyone is passionate, super smart (Harvard, Stanford, MIT and graduate degrees are frequent here) and some amazing work backgrounds as well. Nice office in FiDi. On the verge of Series A funding, super exciting time to be working here. Transparency is great - every Friday we have a lunch and learn event to learn more about different aspects of our product and company. Good because payment protocol and cryptocurrency industry and what we do is a little more difficult to explain and so it really helps.

Cons

No daily catered lunches. Although, I guess that's a plus for my waistline :) Although we do get occasional lunch and breakfasts.

I love going to work everyday!

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers are brilliant, and everyone is committed to the company's vision. Also, our new office is amazing.

Cons

Since we work so hard and as the company continues to grow, it would be great if we had more opportunities to socialize and get to know each other in a non-work setting.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Opportunity of a lifetime to change finance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart team - I learn something new and work on challenging, interesting problems everyday with my teammates.
    - Vision I believe in - If we realize our vision, Ripple will democratize payments, opening access to financial systems to people around the world who have been shut out to date.

Cons

I can't think of any cons right now.

Keep us laser-focused executing against the strategy. It's our time to seize the opportunity at hand!

Challenging, Stimulating Environment

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ripple Labs was designed to be a place of constant innovation and learning, and that clearly carries through to the day-to-day environment. The entire team is smart, helpful, and passionate about their jobs. Everyone is extremely willing to help new employees learn, and there are weekly lunch and learn meetings to foster better understanding of cross-team topics. I knew as soon as I walked into my interview that this was absolutely the place for me.

It's an awesome time to be working at Ripple Labs, as we're growing rapidly and witnessing new, exciting developments everyday. It feels amazing to be part of building a product that is on the brink of transforming the finance industry. For people who are motivated by plugging into a larger vision, this is an environment where you really have a chance to shape the future.

Cons

Ripple is admittedly a complex technology for those of us who haven't come from a financial or cryptography background, so it takes patience and time to get up to speed. This is offset by the ample opportunities for learning. We're also in rapid growth stage which always comes with some minor growing pains, but the leadership team is well aware of the challenges and experienced in making the growth period as smooth as possible.

The leadership team has done a great job of maintaining an open, constructive environment in the past, where everyone feels in the loop on the latest updates and able to provide input on company decisions. Let's make sure this continues as we add new team members and continue to foster a friendly, family-like environment.

Best group of people I've ever worked with

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The Ripple Protocol can truly change the world's approach to the movement of value
    -Always evaluating technologies e.g. Go
    -Great balance of diversities, gender and technical vs non-technical
    -Academic culture focused on learning and problem solving
    -Awesome new office space with roof terrace
    -Leadership devotes a lot of time to people and forming culture
    -Flat structure offers a lot of opportunity to progress and mold role
    -Direct access to CEO and CTO
    -The fact that culture is such a large part of the hiring process shows through in the people

Cons

-It's a startup and the lines of responsibility are often blurry. That works for a lot of people but isn't for everyone
    -Comparing to other startups and nitpicking - no catered lunches or gym memberships

-Continue giving so much attention to people and culture as we grow
    -Keep hiring selective
    -Pay attention to the small details

The best place I have worked.

Current Employee - User Experience Product Designer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Product Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ripple Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Far and away, my favorite part of working at Ripple Labs is the people. It's amazing that we have kept up such a high bar in terms of talent as well as culture. The company has changed significantly as it has grown since I have joined, but the values that Ripple Labs and my coworkers hold dear have kept us moving together in a collaborative and challenging environment.

Cons

It is sometimes really stressful. Not in the sense that there is a lot of unnecessary pressure, but in the sense that each and every person here is very good at what they do, and there's the expectation that you always turn in great work.

Keep on doing what you're doing. I haven't had any reason to doubt the commitment to the employees or to the Ripple community.

Worked for Ripple Labs? Contribute to the Community!