Riptide Software

Add Photos

Philip Loeffel

Best Place to Work!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oviedo, FL

ProsThe employees at Riptide are amazing. Everyone is open, engaging and super super smart. At Riptide you can achieve work life balance. The Company offers flexible hours and in some cases, split work from home and office. Riptide participates in numerous company events, such as the Corporate 5k, chili cook-off, mud run, etc. Compensation is extremely competitive with a full benefits package, however, you can't put a price on great management and a great culture....those are a rarity to find!

ConsRiptide is a very flat company, not much hierarchy, though I'm not sure if that is a pro or con. Everyone is treated equal.

Great team of people to work with.

Simulati9on Tech/Netwwork Engineer (Current Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

ProsRiptide is very flexible with time-off and comp time. The leadership has a very good knowledge of the simulation program that they have produced.

ConsThe salary is not what it should although that is probably due to contract issues and not the companies fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think Riptide is a great company to work for. They give me a great deal of leeway to get the job done. They are very responsive to my requests for updates, replacement parts, and help with troubleshoots any issues that might come up. Riptide could have given us a little more training on the system while they were at this location.

Start-ish up feel

Technologist (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThis company has some very neat technology. It also has a very startup-ish feel to it. I enjoy that it has very flexible hours. Additionally, some of the people you get to work with are actually pretty smart, which is not always the case. Another positive note is that senior management is actually pretty good at their job. Management isn't breathing down your back, micro-managing, or hovering over you to see when you are going to be finished. They give you plenty of breathing room to get things done as you see fit, so long as your goals are accomplished.

ConsNon senior-level managers often make mistakes with regards to employee pay. They sometimes forget to apply bonuses. Other times, they pay the wrong amount. I'm not saying that this is on purpose, but it can be very demotivating if you're trying to put in %100. This is especially true if you're being asked to work overtime and staying long nights or weekends. Another problem is that some of the lower-level managers don't have good people skills. Sometimes, they can be rude or insulting, though not on purpose.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making payroll mistakes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best job I could have ever asked for to help me grow my development skills!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Oviedo, FL

ProsRiptide Software seeks out the best talent Florida has to offer. Management at Riptide truly understands what it is to be a software company and allows you to be a software engineer. Working for Riptide has been one of the best moves I have ever made in my career thus far.

ConsI cannot speak to any cons of working for Riptide. Typically this is where I start in on work/life balance, but Riptide truly understands that you have a life outside of work and is flexible enough to work with you on any personal things you could have going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management, Keep doing what you do! You guys are awesome! I wouldn't change one thing!

Awesome work environment

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat work environment, a lot of good people to work with, very laid back atmosphere, and the company allows you to have a great work-life balance. You get to have exposure to a lot of different, which benefits a lot for your professional growth, and it's very rewarding if you like to be always using the newest technologies.

ConsIt is located right on north of UCF, which makes commuting complicated if you live anywhere but near Oviedo.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn advice would be to let the developers to work on a more team based approach, I think the developers would take better ownership of the projects and deliver better quality products and code.

Senior Developer

Senior Developer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe health benefits package was very good

ConsThe commercial team is overrated and the directors are clueless

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within

Good company that pays well

Sales (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsManagement, Dept. of Defense work, CRM for commercial business

Conslocation was a little awkward but Orlando is very spread out

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up..

Great Company

Accounts Payable/Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) Oviedo, FL

ProsRiptide Software has a great family envirnoment within the work place. Management isn't overbearing, I was hired as a recent college graduate, however the company has trusted me with responsibility without micromanging. Great leadership within the company upper management is easily accessible and well respected. Excellent benefits and enjoyable work environment. Company operates with high integrity and morals.

ConsOccasional long hours but never overbearing or forced.

All in all a great place to work. I have personally recommended Riptide to several prospective employees and businesses

Lead (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFlexible, Fun, Shoot for the moon, new technology, mutual respect for the skills of the people you work with, a clan of super geeks, like a family, worthwhile efforts and projects

ConsWorking in new technologies can have its struggles, being totally client centric can have its struggles,

Great place to work!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Oviedo, FL

ProsFlexible hours, Employee owned, great pay, cool technology

ConsSome challenges due to rapid growth and lack of space, finally solved with new building.

Worked for Riptide Software? Contribute to the Community!