Rise Interactive Reviews

50 reviews filtered by
3.4
Rise Interactive Founder & CEO Jon Morris
Jon Morris

Pros
  • You will learn a ton about digital marketing (in 5 reviews)

• In terms of work/life balance, I'd say it's a mixed bag (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are strictly mediocre compared to other agencies of the same size/standing in the marketplace and work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• A good place to start, not a good place to grow to a higher level (in 3 reviews)

Internet Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Intern

I worked at Rise Interactive

Pros

Great environment, cool young people, interns are really integrated into the team they are working on

Cons

Some teams have much more work than others, so if you end up on a team that isn't totally ready for an intern you don't have much to do for three months.

2. Growing Company. Fast paced. Challenging Environment.

I worked at Rise Interactive

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to shine for those who can adapt to expectational ambiguity. "Start up" atmosphere is collegial. Swift career advancement for the high-performing and ambitious. Hard work, loyalty, and commitment are rewarded.

Cons

Company still lacks some sophistication when it comes to standardization, recruitment, internal workflows, and business processes, although a few "white knights" are actively trying to change that. Attrition rate is probably higher than normal given the cutthroat nature of the business and excessively long hours. Recent hires at the executive level weren't adequately vetted, regularly abuse power, and lack management prowess. It's an unfortunate case study in the dehumanization of working professionals, Dilbert-style.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Company has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Return to the core values of delivering best-in-class service to clients and continue to take care of your employees.

The CEO truly cares about his employees and you constantly work with other teams

I worked at Rise Interactive

Pros

Weekly workshops, Fun environment, Beer Friday

Cons

I can't think of anything

There Are Better Opportunities In Digital Marketing

I worked at Rise Interactive

Pros

Great office location, opportunities to learn quickly, passionate and dedicated employees

Cons

Pay is below average and too standardized across titles, no middle management, client roster

Advice to Management

Middle management exists in many organizations to bridge the gap between associates and high level managers. These mid-level managers have an idea of day to day operations as well as insight into executive strategy, and is able to serve as a liaison between the two parties. This concept does not exist at Rise and lower level employees can expect some negative and confrontational interaction with executives when something goes wrong. Also, though analysis of digital marketing data is vital to a successful digital strategy, this is the sole strategy driver at Rise. This results in too much time spent on reporting that often just confuses clients and also limits overall vision and creativity.

6. Great Learning Opportunity

I worked at Rise Interactive as an intern

Pros

Fast Growing
    Smart Hard-Working Employees
    You will learn a ton about digital marketing

Cons

Some of the positions require a lot of hours

7. I am analytical, self motivated, and hungry to learn and I fit right in at Rise.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rise Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to control my own destiny as the company has big plans to grow. Smart, dedicated employees get rewarded on consistent basis. Rise is not satisfied with its current state and Leadership is committed to providing cutting edge digital marketing solutions for its clients.

Cons

Rise consistently hires inexperienced digital marketers who they will train. Sometimes team members are asked to do more than they are ready to do in the short run.

Advice to Management

Management has invested in employee engagement surveys and comp surveys. Listen to the results and things will take care of themselves.

High turnover, unhappy workers, lack of transparency in upper management

I worked at Rise Interactive

Pros

People and company culture, snacks, free lunches here and there

Cons

You have no idea what upper management are up to. They are never around the office and they like to play favorites with their employees.

The company is great at presenting itself outwards via fun Facebook pictures, publicity features, etc. etc but the people are not quite that happy to be there. Compensation is lacking and work is routine.

Great try at an inviting culture, low pay and incentives to perform

I worked at Rise Interactive as an intern

Pros

This was an inviting place to intern early on, but not sure I really see the thriving culture they want to portray. It also seems as if the workers feel a bit routine in their work. If you like a game room, a Keurig, and free lunch every now and then, this is the place for you. Otherwise, not sure I really got a sense of upper management -- they seem a bit detached.

Cons

Long hours, not great pay

Senior Leadership Making Positive Changes

I have been working at Rise Interactive full-time

Pros

Prior to joining Rise Interactive, I spent multiple years at a Fortune 50 company and time at one of the largest agency networks. This afforded me a unique perspective, providing me with experience on both the brand and agency side. I held multiple roles at these organizations and saw success and recognition throughout my career.

I’ve been at Rise for almost a year and have been very grateful for my experience so far. I’ve come into a team and an organization that has challenged me, rewarded me, and made me grow more as a contributor than I had in the multiple years preceding this experience. I have seen the leadership team step up, take accountability, and make changes so that each employee can come into work every day and know that their opinion and their work is valued and that they are being heard. I have continually been impressed by the amount of thoughtfulness that has been put into decisions, the depth of which may not always be understood by those who haven’t had previous work experience or are new to the workforce.

Rise is not a place for the weak-hearted, but it is a place where you are respected, valued, and rewarded if you’re a high performer. From my first interaction with Rise, to almost every day since, I am reminded that we are growing and creating and achieving remarkable things, and as our CEO says, that requires remarkable people. There is no room for complacency and I respect that transparency and candidness. Work hard, play hard rings true here. I’m surrounded by some of the smartest, hardest working people and am continuously motivated to do better for myself and for Rise. If you are intelligent, willing to work hard, and have a positive attitude, you’ll find a home here. If you’re not, or you can’t handle that, then you’ll want to pursue an alternate path.

Cons

You get out what you put in

Don't Waste Your Time

Current Employee - Channel Svcs/Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Channel Svcs/Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rise Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young workforce gets along well.

Cons

C-Level VPs are new to the company. Inexperienced and not from the industry. Revolving door.
    Interview loads of candidates just to ferret out ideas from them. Don't fall for the trap.
    As another reviewer stated - run, run, run. Don't even think twice.
    No work-life balance at all!

Advice to Management

Act with integrity, if you even know what that means. Don't waste people's time with your BS.