RiseSmart Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

4.5

Sanjay Sathe

very smart people disrupting an industry

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Traditional outplacement hadn't changed much in years. I joined RiseSmart because they innovated this industry and made it relevant again. The entire team has a focus on results, accountability, and client satisfaction. Executives are committed to the vision and hire smart people who are continually evaluating what our clients really want & need.

Cons

Lack of brand recognition and the challenge of getting clients to look at new ways of doing things.

Transition Specialist

Current Employee - Transition Specialist

I have been working at RiseSmart part-time

Pros

The Leadership team is developing new tools for the clients to utilize. Growth and stability. New processes in place to ensure continued development internally. Talented team members who contribute to a collaborative environment.

Cons

Nothing to share in this area

Keep up the momentum and vision. Doing a great job getting all teams on board with the goal of the client being successful and providing the resources needed to do so.

Great environment, awesome people, just wish it lasted longer than it did

Former Employee - Marketing Operations & Analytics  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Operations & Analytics in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great idea for a product...allowing users to truly customize their job search.
    Happy Hours are the Best
    Sanjay always has your back and his honesty is what I remember.

Cons

Small Startup, money gets tight quick...but not much you can do about that.

Keep a good thing going!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work!

I have been working at RiseSmart as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

job is virtually based, work is highly rewarding, great management team, great pay, flex hours. Truly is a great place to work.

Cons

benefits aren't great for contract employees

better benefits for all employees, option of perm employment

Great company with opportunity to grow!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart part-time

Pros

Great atmosphere with employees who are driven to be successful.

Cons

None really, a bit of shuffling around as company expands and grows from being a startup

Rewarding Work, Smart People

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

RiseSmart is a great company to work for- particularly in sales. The company sells a product that will help change people's lives- it is a no brainer! The leadership appreciates efforts, coaches appropriately, and expects the best from employees. The company is growing and changing and there are (and will continue to be) many opportunities to be successful.

Cons

If you are not prepared to work hard and take accountability for your work, this isn't the place for you! This isn't a 'con' (as any hard worker knows) but be prepared to give 150% and work SMART! As with any startup, it is important to reach goals or reevaluate them as conditions change. If you don't do that proactively, as a result you may not be successful.

Great company, great atmosphere, great place to work

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

RiseSmart is a great company to work for. The work we are doing is meaningful and impacting peoples lives on a daily basis. RiseSmart has a team environment and everyone supports one another. One of the best things about the culture is that the leadership is open to new ideas and dedicated to making things better. If you have a great idea it is implemented quickly - it doesn't take a ridiculous amount of time to get things done like it can in some organizations. Furthermore the company is great about supporting the goals of it's employees and creating an environment where one can thrive.

Cons

I don't think it is a "con" but rather something to be aware of. Everyone at RiseSmart works hard. It is a growing organization and with growth comes work. This is not a company where you will sit back and twiddle your thumbs. The nice thing is that management always strives to appreciate everyone for the effort they put in.

Ugly

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you worked here for 3 months you were lucky...

Cons

....on the 4th month, if you didn't sell OP services to a F100 company with tons of bookings, you're gone!

If you're in sales, be prepared to destroy any relationship and credibility you had with your contacts-- this company only cares about your list of contacts.

Good luck explaining this debacle on your resume to your next employer!

Sell the company or get out of the "helping people" business if you can't help your own employees. Place is fools' gold for employees and customers-- don't pretend otherwise.

RiseSmart is a company that truly cares

Current Employee - Transition Specialist  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a transition specialist, I love that RiseSmart has a model that allows the focus to be where it belongs: What's best for this specific client and their very individual needs. The working environment is supportive, upbeat, innovative and team oriented. It's a pleasure to work here and even more importantly, it's an organization that I'm proud to represent.

Cons

There are really no 'cons' to talk about because this is a company that addresses issues so promptly! It's really been amazing to me how open to feedback and quick to improve the entire company is.

Keep up the fabulous work!

Honestly, the very best company that I've worked for...

Current Employee - Resume Writer  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Resume Writer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, awesome team. The company does a great job of creating a very inclusive atmosphere and has a strong focus on producing excellent results. I feel that my contributions are valued and that my concerns are taken seriously. Management is great about communicating changes/progress and I just think it's wonderful to come in on the ground floor of such a unique offering. I hope to experience many years of growth with this company. I wish I would have come on sooner.

Cons

Work can be sporadic at times due to customer volume, which can make for a pretty unpredictable paycheck from time to time, but that really is the nature of the beast in the resume writing industry. It has always been a customer-driven feast or famine. Would like more opportunities for contracted workers to become a more permanent part of the company, but maybe that's coming in the future.

Hire me full time (and throw in some benefits)!

Worked for RiseSmart? Contribute to the Community!