RiseSmart Reviews

4.5

Sanjay Sathe

Best place to work!

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great and fun team! You work hard and play hard. Lots of fun in company. The bosses are really good at motivate employees. They really took time to hire right person who fit in the company culture. It's a great place to work. The best among all companies I had worked for. People are very professional here. Not much office politics.

Cons

No job is a easy job. You have to work very hard in this company. Fully dedicate to the job, your hard work will be noticed.

Keep up with the good work. The more communication will be good. Keep people in loop what's going on with the company. What employees can help to make the company better.

A great place to work and a company that truly cares about what it's doing

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

There a number of reasons I love working at RiseSmart. First, the people take pride in the difference they are making in people's lives. Due to the commitment of the company to invest in resources that ensures we offer high quality services- every week we are celebrating the successes of the participants in our program as they find new jobs fast! Second it is a great place to work because of the amount of collaboration, innovation and fun that we have on a daily basis. Our leadership cares and treats everyone with respect. It is a place where your ideas and feedback are valued and appreciated!

Cons

There is no downside to working at RiseSmart. I think we just need to get the word out even more about how we are changing the industry by raising the bar on what these companies today should expect from an outplacement provider-it's not the same old thing-but something much much better-that is what Risesmart really is.

Please make sure you protect this great culture; many of our competitors wish they had this fabulous product and these passionate, talented people on their team. They may try to duplicate us but there is only one RiseSmart.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

RiseSmart is an innovative and progressive company, whose thought leadership team has raised the bar for OP. We are one of the largest OP service on the market today and we are fast becoming number 1. I have been with RiseSmart for a little over three months and I can tell you that the methodical approach they used to onboard me into RiseSmart to ensure my success is the same caring approach they use in helping clients find their next job! The passion and energy of each individual at RiseSmart is a refreshing change from feeling like a cog in a wheel or a numbered employee. Instead of being a team of me, we are a team of 'WE'.

Cons

If passion and drive to help continuously service our customers is a con that I suppose that is the only fault I can find!

- My advice to management is to keep doing what you are doing, you listen to those of us who are on the front lines and strive to continuously improve and with our many awards, our newest, the Golden Bridge award for being the most innovative company, is a testament to this.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

This energetic company cares more than any other I've ever worked for: they care about building a great product, they care about delivering a great, high quality service, they care that their participants land their next job as quickly as possible (and they DO at RiseSmart, more frequently than at other outplacement firms), and last but certainly not least they care about their employees. This is done not just with words but with actions. I've read through the (few) less than stellar reviews here and I'm perplexed: What company are you talking about?? It certainly isn't RiseSmart. All of our awards beg to differ with you too...

Cons

Coming from a larger company, it has been an adjustment coming to a smaller start up, but at the same time it's been refreshing.

Just keep doing what you're doing!

Best company I ever joined

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time

Pros

Everyone is passionate and genuinely happy to be working at RiseSmart
    Very open and caring bosses / leadership team
    Multiple Best Places to Work awards and the executive team is serious about keeping it that way
    Small enough so that everyone feels they are making a difference towards the future of the company

Cons

Nothing much.
    Since company is small and growing, the best-practices processes are just evolving.

Keep up the great work

RiseSmart is going to keep on rising!

Current Employee - RVP  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - RVP in New York, NY

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

RiseSmart has an award winning solution that HR and impacted employees love because it works-- Our stats and awards speak for themselves! I joined from a traditional outplacement provider and love the REAL diversity RiseSmart brings to the table. The energy and positive attitude of our staff is awesome and my only regret is that I didn't join sooner. I can bring my whole self to work and my ideas and who I am is celebrated and valued every day.

Cons

Getting the word out as to how effective we are and educating HR on the fact that our model is truly the best way takes time. I miss out on some of the fun in our headquarters because I work remotely, but communication is great and everyone is constantly recognized for their efforts- near and far.

I love that our CEO has an open 360 and asks for feedback and what he can do better. I never had a CEO offer that before! Please keep that up. One suggestion: I want us to expand our product line into talent development and engagement. We have many talented employees that can add so much value and really make this complimentary service awesome!!!! So happy to be here, at our award winning company.

Forward thinking and innovative company, great people.

Current Employee - Transition Specialist  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Transition Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about RiseSmart. The passion and excitement about what we do, where we've come from and what's up ahead for us is contagious and will continue to make RiseSmart successful. It is very rewarding to work for a company that is committed to helping people. The environment is fun, employees are hardworking, cooperative and ready to jump in wherever they can outside their regular job function. I feel very fortunate to be part of such a creative and forward thinking organization.

Cons

No "cons" really that I can think of. Maybe more opportunities for growth but that will come as the company grows.

Thanks for taking the time to find out what motivates your employees and for providing on going training to keep us on top of current trends in the market. It's much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

The most vibrant and fun professional working environment I have ever experienced.

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the moment I stepped through the doors (and I am talking about during the interview process and beyond) it was very apparent that RiseSmart was not your typical HR services company or start-up for that matter. Everyone that I have encountered has not only been the best in their field but exudes more passion about what they are doing than any other working environment I have ever been a part of. The leadership team is very collaborative and not only preaches teamwork but will join even the lowest level of brainstorming sessions. I wake up everyday and am excited to go to work, RiseSmart is not just a job but a family of people working together for a common purpose, to help others less fortunate find the opportunities in their worklife that we have found.

Cons

I have yet to really experience any real cons.

keep doing what you are doing...it is working!

Phony Baloney

Former Employee - Sales  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not sure if there are any-- presented very nice things during the interview process but if I could compare working for RiseSmart to buying a car, I would claim it was a "lemon". Are there "lemon laws" for employees? If you can't close $1B in business in 1 year--you're out. $500M isn't enough. Yes, I'm talking a billion.

Cons

Where shall I begin..... phony CEO, promises/promises of stock options that don't exist, marginal product, bad service, phony technology, wannabe Silicon Valley tech company....uggh.

Be real....to your customers, your employees, the world, c'mon. The company and the services are a facade. Working as a dishwasher at the worst restaurant you've ever been to is a better experience--scrubbing bacon grease is better.

Will RiseSmart Survive?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

RiseSmart is an innovative company that welcomes the input of their employees/contractors. They try to create a fun, upbeat culture for those that work in the corporate office in San Jose.

Cons

Your contributions will not be recognized. Executive management will take your ideas and say that they were their own. Their is no appropriate chain of command, instead you have in-experienced youth telling seasoned professionals what to do and how to do it--very belittling and disrespectful. You will not hear praise when things are going well no matter how many hoops you jump through. However, you definitely will hear when something is not perfect. While they are secretive and dishonest about their plans for the future, they are more than willing to tell you that in the end what you may want or need doesn't matter. In a nut shell, they will use you up and throw you away like yesterday's garbage.

You big pitch is transparency--you should practice what you preach. If you want enthusiastic team players, you need to be open and honest with the people that helped you get to where you are. Remember that it takes a team to build a successful organization. Recognize those that helped you along the way instead of being dishonest and belittling their contributions. If you don't survive it will be because of the way that you treat people along the way.

RiseSmart Photos

Voted Best Place to Work

+ Add Photo

Worked for RiseSmart? Contribute to the Community!