RiseSmart

Updated November 14, 2014
Updated November 14, 2014
4.4

Sanjay Sathe

Pros
  • startup mentaility, team mentality- starts with the leadership team (in 7 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance: Very Satisfied (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons at the present moment (in 7 reviews)

• RiseSmart has the typical cons of an early stage start-up - It is a high-risk, high reward environment (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Ugly

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at RiseSmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you worked here for 3 months you were lucky...

Cons

....on the 4th month, if you didn't sell OP services to a F100 company with tons of bookings, you're gone!

If you're in sales, be prepared to destroy any relationship and credibility you had with your contacts-- this company only cares about your list of contacts.

Good luck explaining this debacle on your resume to your next employer!

Sell the company or get out of the "helping people" business if you can't help your own employees. Place is fools' gold for employees and customers-- don't pretend otherwise.

RiseSmart is a company that truly cares

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a transition specialist, I love that RiseSmart has a model that allows the focus to be where it belongs: What's best for this specific client and their very individual needs. The working environment is supportive, upbeat, innovative and team oriented. It's a pleasure to work here and even more importantly, it's an organization that I'm proud to represent.

Cons

There are really no 'cons' to talk about because this is a company that addresses issues so promptly! It's really been amazing to me how open to feedback and quick to improve the entire company is.

Keep up the fabulous work!

Honestly, the very best company that I've worked for...

Current Employee - Resume Writer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Resume Writer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, awesome team. The company does a great job of creating a very inclusive atmosphere and has a strong focus on producing excellent results. I feel that my contributions are valued and that my concerns are taken seriously. Management is great about communicating changes/progress and I just think it's wonderful to come in on the ground floor of such a unique offering. I hope to experience many years of growth with this company. I wish I would have come on sooner.

Cons

Work can be sporadic at times due to customer volume, which can make for a pretty unpredictable paycheck from time to time, but that really is the nature of the beast in the resume writing industry. It has always been a customer-driven feast or famine. Would like more opportunities for contracted workers to become a more permanent part of the company, but maybe that's coming in the future.

Hire me full time (and throw in some benefits)!

Best place to work!

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great and fun team! You work hard and play hard. Lots of fun in company. The bosses are really good at motivate employees. They really took time to hire right person who fit in the company culture. It's a great place to work. The best among all companies I had worked for. People are very professional here. Not much office politics.

Cons

No job is a easy job. You have to work very hard in this company. Fully dedicate to the job, your hard work will be noticed.

Keep up with the good work. The more communication will be good. Keep people in loop what's going on with the company. What employees can help to make the company better.

A great place to work and a company that truly cares about what it's doing

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There a number of reasons I love working at RiseSmart. First, the people take pride in the difference they are making in people's lives. Due to the commitment of the company to invest in resources that ensures we offer high quality services- every week we are celebrating the successes of the participants in our program as they find new jobs fast! Second it is a great place to work because of the amount of collaboration, innovation and fun that we have on a daily basis. Our leadership cares and treats everyone with respect. It is a place where your ideas and feedback are valued and appreciated!

Cons

There is no downside to working at RiseSmart. I think we just need to get the word out even more about how we are changing the industry by raising the bar on what these companies today should expect from an outplacement provider-it's not the same old thing-but something much much better-that is what Risesmart really is.

Please make sure you protect this great culture; many of our competitors wish they had this fabulous product and these passionate, talented people on their team. They may try to duplicate us but there is only one RiseSmart.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

RiseSmart is an innovative and progressive company, whose thought leadership team has raised the bar for OP. We are one of the largest OP service on the market today and we are fast becoming number 1. I have been with RiseSmart for a little over three months and I can tell you that the methodical approach they used to onboard me into RiseSmart to ensure my success is the same caring approach they use in helping clients find their next job! The passion and energy of each individual at RiseSmart is a refreshing change from feeling like a cog in a wheel or a numbered employee. Instead of being a team of me, we are a team of 'WE'.

Cons

If passion and drive to help continuously service our customers is a con that I suppose that is the only fault I can find!

- My advice to management is to keep doing what you are doing, you listen to those of us who are on the front lines and strive to continuously improve and with our many awards, our newest, the Golden Bridge award for being the most innovative company, is a testament to this.

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This energetic company cares more than any other I've ever worked for: they care about building a great product, they care about delivering a great, high quality service, they care that their participants land their next job as quickly as possible (and they DO at RiseSmart, more frequently than at other outplacement firms), and last but certainly not least they care about their employees. This is done not just with words but with actions. I've read through the (few) less than stellar reviews here and I'm perplexed: What company are you talking about?? It certainly isn't RiseSmart. All of our awards beg to differ with you too...

Cons

Coming from a larger company, it has been an adjustment coming to a smaller start up, but at the same time it's been refreshing.

Just keep doing what you're doing!

Best company I ever joined

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time

Pros

Everyone is passionate and genuinely happy to be working at RiseSmart
    Very open and caring bosses / leadership team
    Multiple Best Places to Work awards and the executive team is serious about keeping it that way
    Small enough so that everyone feels they are making a difference towards the future of the company

Cons

Nothing much.
    Since company is small and growing, the best-practices processes are just evolving.

Keep up the great work

RiseSmart is going to keep on rising!

Current Employee - RVP in New York, NY
    Current Employee - RVP in New York, NY

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (more than an year)

Pros

RiseSmart has an award winning solution that HR and impacted employees love because it works-- Our stats and awards speak for themselves! I joined from a traditional outplacement provider and love the REAL diversity RiseSmart brings to the table. The energy and positive attitude of our staff is awesome and my only regret is that I didn't join sooner. I can bring my whole self to work and my ideas and who I am is celebrated and valued every day.

Cons

Getting the word out as to how effective we are and educating HR on the fact that our model is truly the best way takes time. I miss out on some of the fun in our headquarters because I work remotely, but communication is great and everyone is constantly recognized for their efforts- near and far.

I love that our CEO has an open 360 and asks for feedback and what he can do better. I never had a CEO offer that before! Please keep that up. One suggestion: I want us to expand our product line into talent development and engagement. We have many talented employees that can add so much value and really make this complimentary service awesome!!!! So happy to be here, at our award winning company.

Forward thinking and innovative company, great people.

Current Employee - Transition Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at RiseSmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about RiseSmart. The passion and excitement about what we do, where we've come from and what's up ahead for us is contagious and will continue to make RiseSmart successful. It is very rewarding to work for a company that is committed to helping people. The environment is fun, employees are hardworking, cooperative and ready to jump in wherever they can outside their regular job function. I feel very fortunate to be part of such a creative and forward thinking organization.

Cons

No "cons" really that I can think of. Maybe more opportunities for growth but that will come as the company grows.

Thanks for taking the time to find out what motivates your employees and for providing on going training to keep us on top of current trends in the market. It's much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

RiseSmart Photos