Rising Medical Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Jason F. Beans

1. Great company culture, some operational issues delivering on it...

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time

Pros

Great team environment, laid back culture, decent compensation, weekly "toast" to accomplishments. Clear vision from executive leadership for future growth and direction.

Cons

Seems to be a disconnect in the "culture" reality for operational employees versus the rest of the company. Company touts promotion from within but limits operational employees' ability to pursue other opportunities in the company.

Advice to Management

Don't risk losing good people by telling them they can't apply for other departments or must remain in a certain role for a certain length of time.

2. Truth be told

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions

Pros

Rising has very flexible schedule, great staff, and enjoy Friday toast. The benefits are okay and you may find life long friends.

Cons

Favoritism is highly in effect here, not able to move up in this small company without creating bonds with the right people.

Advice to Management

Get a small training team for new employees or employees shifting into a new position to help with the transition of working their position.

3. Good Company, Lots of Changes Happening

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time

Pros

Good culture, the company does a good job celebrating wins. Seems like there is a lot of opportunity with this growing company.

Cons

Lots of changes going on currently as we upgrade our systems. More communication regarding the changes would be great to hear from upper-management. Pay rates could also be higher.

5. If you like disrespect this is the place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Found out what I didn't like...

Cons

In the 4 mths I worked there...I NEVER felt welcomed! Management doesn't even get to know you...they let their team leads, etc. tell them THEIR opinions of you. And their attitudes there are very immature...the break room is the "laughter room"...or whatever it was called. Quarterly meetings are called "Story time" and then they bring out juice and cookies (Really??) and the one that I disagreed w/the most was on Fridays...you can stop 1/2 hr early and go in the Laughter room to have a beer or some wine along w/any snack. So...you have to pass a drug test to get the job...but it's OK to drink at work and then drive home....?? HUH....not my cup of tea I guess.

Advice to Management

GROW UP!

Rising Medical Solutions Response

Jun 29, 2015 – CEO

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Rising. A lot of the things you mention are just attempts to be nice to the employees. Friday Toast: One main reason I want those at each office ... More

6. Its a fun company to work for

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions

Pros

It was a fun team. Great team culture

Cons

Management could have done a better job

7. Great culture.

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions

Pros

The people, the location if you live in the city, and work life balance.

Cons

The commute was tough coming from a more distant suburb.

8. Medical Bill Auditor - MBA

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Environment, great benefits, many paid time off hours. Located downtown near public transportation, work hours vary with your option to choose from first shift hours start time any where between 6am-9am.

Cons

The pay is minimum just barely enough. Show favoritism. Too many meetings. Non communication from bosses on new requirements from clients. They want quantity and quality and with the tedious details of the position trying to provide both become stressful. Many people have left the company.

9. Challenging work within an excellent work-life balance culture.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance. There is technically challenging work to be done and working with such collaborative and fun coworkers makes it enjoyable. It truly is a team environment there.

Cons

There was nothing extraordinarily bad that would be considered a "con".

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. Could be one of the greats.....eventually

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits (seriously, who offers you three health plans anymore?), fantastic co-workers, visionary leadership, and great location. Been with the company for several years now, and I stay because this company has so much promise, it is on the verge of achieving its dreams, and I love the relaxed atmosphere. Sure, perks like beer on Fridays, wearing jeans every day and occasional Cubs tickets are nice, but really its the people who make this place so awesome.

Cons

This company has vision. A ton of vision. The senior leadership knows where they want to take the company, and it certainly is achievable, but we need better implementation of that vision. At times it seems like we bite off more than we can chew. I'm hoping that when Rising "makes it big," things will change. Work life balance is good - lots of flexibility - and the company has very defined core values - but if you won't pay me what I'm worth, what sort of message does that send about how much you value me? Pay doesn't appear to be an issue for some departments, but in my department it's definitely an issue.

Advice to Management

Plan before you act, don't over-promise and under-deliver. Consider a market pay adjustment for long-time employees, if it's warranted. Also, take a look at some of the senior leadership - are they really demonstrating the qualities we value as a company?

11. Keeping up with changes.

Current Employee - Lead Trainer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Trainer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love many things about Rising. The jeans professional dress code is nice. The Friday Toast sessions are great (knock off work at 4:00 and have a couple drinks (great kickoff to the weekend!!)). But I think the thing that is best about us is that collaboration and ideas are welcomed by anyone. Sure we have decision makers to decide whether one idea would be best over another, but ideas come from all levels of staff. In other words, if the idea will work, we're all ears. We encourage input from everyone. We're in this together. But also the culture is one that you can easily get behind. Our Core Values are seemingly so simple and go without saying. However, we've all worked at places where they could learn a thing or two about having SOME values if they had any in the first place. Without listing them specifically, they basically surround integrity, respect, customer satisfaction, accountability, development and fun.

Cons

A challenge is keeping up with changes. Our industry (medical bill review) is by nature one that must deal with changes from the states on a consistent basis. Then customizing workflows to best fit our clients needs, it can be a challenge to keep it all straight. That's why its so important to have good communication and documentation.

Advice to Management

Never lose the importance of getting input from staff. I think this is very important.

RSS Feed </> Embed