Rising Medical Solutions

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
3.9

Jason F. Beans

Excellent place to work for nurses!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opinions are highly valued and respected. Management & leadership team is always willing to listen to both positive and negative feedback. No retailiation here! Work-from-home option is a huge plus!

Cons

Workload is somewhat high for nurse case managers; suboptimal bonus program; salary is a little low for experienced case managers.

Let employees leave early the day before holidays like some of our clients do. Could use cheaper out-of-pocket premium costs for benefits. Provide an adoption assistance program (time off, monetary reimbursement, etc.) for those wishing to adopt children.

Amazing, Happy to come to work.

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like that the management is fair, and they are also very understanding.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

An all around great company to work for

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time

Pros

very flexible work schedules
    Rising really listens to career goals and creates a path to achieve them
    big focus on listening to the employees, quarterly nps ratings, etc
    great location

Cons

no policy for maternity / paternity leave

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Company Atmosphere!

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great medical bill review company and cutting edge in the workers comp industry. Does not take the cookie cutter approach to medical bill review and has a great system in place of their own.

Cons

Great company all the way around.

Stay on course and they will continue to grow and make customers very happy with their product and services. Workers Comp leader!

Aug 15, 2014Director of Talent Management

Thank you for your thoughts! Rising is definitely a unique place, and we are proud that we don't take a "cookie cutter approach" to anything we do, be it business, our employee practices, or our ... More

Great company gone completely downhill

Former Employee - Medical Bill Analysis Auditor  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Bill Analysis Auditor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A few good co-workers. Talented CEO with good intentions and culture.

Cons

No training in place at least in 2008. Poor management. Favoritism. Cliques. Micromanagement. Employees feel replaceable. Certain employees being promoted with zero managerial skills.

I would advise the CEO to look more closely at each department and get more feedback from the employees, because based on the company culture, it was clearly evident that it was NOT followed. Bad decisions were made by hiring incompetent outside individuals and putting them in charge of departments and employees which have been with the company for many years, micromanaging them and terminating some without basis. Based on my personal experience, at the beginning I had great hopes for Rising Medical, however, it become nothing like it was intended. It changed and changed for the worst. I don't believe that giving someone a guilty verdict without a trial is fair in any case. It seems that at Rising Medical it became a regulatory practice. Very unfortunate. I now work for one of your past clients and the word of your bad reputation was presented to me on my first day. One spoon of dirt can ruin the big can of honey.

Aug 21, 2014Director of Talent Management

We are sorry you have a poor view of Rising! It can be difficult to understand why decisions are made when you don't have all the information, but we assure you that each and every termination ... More

System Analyst Intern

Former Employee - Systems Analyst Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of nice co-workers. Great work-life balance. My manager allowed me to come and go as I please as long as I logged my required hours per week. Really promote life happiness. Happy hour every Friday, or leave an hour early up to you. HR is not HR but is instead talent management. Great location on the Chicago river. I believe this company will continue to grow through its sheer determination and incredible work force.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company, they provided me with a great opportunity, had me do meaningful work, and treated me very well.

Keep doing what you are doing. I believe the employees work as hard as they do because managers and the company as a whole seem to really care about their employees.

May 6, 2014Director of Talent Management

Thanks for the feedback! We are continually working on improving our Intern programs, so I'm glad that some of the changes we implemented were effective.

Fun company, but basic job is mundane.

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Positive work environment, happy hour Fridays, fun co-workers, profit sharing.

Cons

Data entry, slow to hire, required to work all holidays.

More upward mobility with better pay for advancements.

Jun 10, 2014Director of Talent Management

Rising isn't for everyone - we are different, and proud of it! We have never required employees to work every holiday, though...when there is work to be done, employees are offered the option to work ... More

Flexible Employer

Current Employee - Medical Bill Auditor  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Medical Bill Auditor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rising Medical Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy the flexability Rising Medcial Solutions offers to it's employees to balance work and home life.

Cons

This company is a fast growing company and there are sometimes 'growing pains' and bumps in the road.

Jun 10, 2014Director of Talent Management

We've worked really hard to integrate some level of flexibility in all positions at Rising, which at times can be challenging during the growth phases you mentioned. Glad to hear that your work/life ... More

Great flexibility, too many cliques

Former Employee - Medical Bill Auditor  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Medical Bill Auditor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility in the scheduling, location, relaxed dress code, independent work.

Cons

Too many cliques, horrible communication, employees were very catty towards each other, no room for advancement, and only the favorites were promoted. Raises were a joke.

Jun 10, 2014Director of Talent Management

We're sorry you feel that way about your time at Rising! Every quarter, our overall merit increases keep in-line with regional trends, which for the past few years have been at or above similar-sized ... More

Neutral Review

Former Employee - Medical Bill Analysis Auditor  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Medical Bill Analysis Auditor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Rising Medical Solutions

Pros

PTO accrual gives plenty of time to take personal time off to take care of one's self and family. Team building meetings and activities are good for the team.

Cons

Employees are asked FREQUENTLY for their opinion, but when change is disscussed and employees are confused, management just shoots back a reason and kind of keeps the employees (who are in the trenches) in the dark.

Let people know what is going on more when change is happening. If we are not aware of what is going on, what can we do to help?

Rising Medical Solutions Photos

Worked for Rising Medical Solutions? Contribute to the Community!