Risk Management Solutions

Risk Management Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Risk Management Solutions President Hemant Shah

Hemant Shah

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance,ample growth opportunity if you are a self learner"
    in 14 reviews
  • "meritocratic organisation - smart people do well"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper level managers are keen to make decisions based on gut feel and emotion rather than gathering facts and being objective"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Diversity makes it hard to make friends outside of own ethnic group"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Politics politics & only politics

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsOther than free Thursday lunch and free sodas I do not see any pros in this company

ConsSenior management very incapable to provide a vision to its people. The product management team has no clear idea of the product they want to make. The CTO kept on giving false updates to the higher management, and when the product was supposed to be delivered it was found that the product was not complete with lots and lots of bugs. In last 2 years the CTO has always given provided absolutely scripted demos to the client without exposing the bugs and issues of the application. This even cost his job in the end

Very average senior management and few senior SVPs believe in divide and rule policy. No cohesion between teams and each working to prove who is superior against the other. Absolute pandemonium and I wonder how few managers are software managers and not politicians !!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO is good a good man but he has no clues what is going inside. Fire few more senior management else the company is doomed

The good, the bad, and the ugly..

Hoboken, NJ

ProsA majority of this depends on your manager

- A pretty fast pace work place and can learn and get things done depending on the size of your team and what you are involved in
    - Can move up quickly if people above you leave or move to another group (which happens pretty often)
    - You are given atonomy if you prove that you are an A+ employee
    - Free snacks and drinks in the kitchens
    - People in the company waste money like no other because there is no checks and balances, as long as your manager approves of it. (This can be a pro or con depending on how much you care about the company)
    - If you are in with senior management, you are set and you can almost do whatever you want and not get fired.

Cons- The same work is done over and over and over again by different groups/people and is ultimately scrapped all together in the end which wastes everyone's time
    - People move around all the time and generally are put in roles that they are not technically qualified for but since they know the right people, managers they turn a blind eye with regards to their technical skills
    - People in middle management are there not because they were "promoted" but because people above them left. They are not given formal training which causes big issues in the end.
    - There is not enough communication among different groups which causes information to be lost
    - Compensation is way below average compared to the industry
    - TOO MUCH POLITICS AT THE TOP!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTalented people are leaving left and right and no one is really doing anything about it.. DO SOMETHING! Get your act together before everyone leaves.

Stop trying to set unachievable goals just to appease clients. Develop a backbone and learn to say no.

A software company that won't admit it.

Senior Catastrophe Modeler (Current Employee)
    Newark, CA

ProsCompensation and benefits are comparable (perhaps better) than similar companies. Work schedules are flexible and RMS is generous with providing the hardware and software needed to do the work required.

ConsRMS employs a lot of smart people with PhDs. The conflict between educated people can sometimes be petty as they become more concerned with recognition of their work rather than the relevance of their work to the current project. Also, RMS prides itself on being on the cutting edge of science but does not always understand that advancing science cannot always be scheduled.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The next year will be ugly

Prosambitious agenda and exciting work

Consneed to be more real about what can get done and what can't

RMS is an exciting and fun place to work doing cool stuff with really smart people.

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Hoboken, NJ

ProsRMS has a special culture with a great proportion of the employees being extremely passionate and energetic. Being an innovative growth organization requires frequent change which is coupled with great career opportunities and growth. Those who are courageous enough to adapt quickly, seize these opportunities and bring fellow colleagues along can achieve great success.

ConsWith great passion for RMS and what we do it's sometimes difficult to switch off because its in my blood. But honestly, I'm grateful to be in a career that I enjoy at a company I'm proud to be a part of and have helped shape over the years. I'm thankful that I have been patient enough and smart enough to stick with RMS over the past 10+ years through the evolution of this organization and personally share in it's success.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and acknowledge our employees as they are our greatest asset! Our employees are integral to our past current and future success.

The most deceiving company to work for!!!

Newark, CA

ProsBetter to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. That is the only good thing here. If you can fly low enough to stay out of sight but get your work done you'll be fine. Don't expect anything in return!

ConsA family culture that has been destroyed by BS initiatives and new managers that seem to be brain washing the CEO, or maybe he has no idea because the company has grown like a wild fire with no standards or formal process. Every AHM is a pile of crap that doesn't mean anything to the pee-ons that actually work! Everything depends on how someone wakes up in the morning...

There is absolutely no loyalty at this company! If you are interviewing, ask how many people have left in the last 12 months and how long have they been with the company. That should be enough to tell you what kind of company you'll be getting in to if you decide.

I feel sorry for all the people putting in a lot of hard work this last 12 months and the coming 6 months. The sad thing is that there will be no pay out for you! Don't expect any significant bonuses for the next 2 years minimum! A certain group has sucked it all up...

Everything in the HQ office is so fake, it's nothing like any of the other offices. So if you don't have to work in CA it might be okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying and being deceitful, stop pretending to be an open book when your not. Stop hiding information. Stop thinking that the people under you can't figure out whats going on. Recognize everyone that works, not just your favorites!!

WORST COMPANY TO WORK!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood food and good cafeteria. Nice ambiance, nice location, some people are really good specially older people. Gym is one of the best attraction and 30 days of paid vacation.

Constoo much politics, worst management, worst managers, worst HR, Worst executives. No chance of personal development!! Expects more work but not rewarded for hard work and extra hours!! Very painful to work there!! It was such a big humiliation by the team, managers, executives and HR. Wrong practices, accused so many times without any proofs!! Someday company can get sued by some employee. Very imperialistic approach, not a good place for a honest and sincere employee who doesn't know how to play politics and doesn't know any one. Favoritism is very high!IT is the worst affected dept, all executives are busy in playing politics and bringing own people from the past job.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your attitude and don't look for own benefits , look for employees benefits.

Worst company for software engineers

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsDecent initial salary to attract people because of high turnover

ConsHigh workload .requires working really long hours even during weekends.
    Software Engineer working here become unemployable as skills developed in this company is virtually unmarketable.There is little room to work on newer technologies.
    Used to be a great company with smart people but everyone has left the company because of the management.Most people left are mostly unable to move as their skills are unmarketable.
    Terrible management .Most technical managers have no clue about technology and are worst at people management.
    Bad work culture . Most managers are pathetic, resort to blaming everyone for their shortcomings and even take credit for the ideas from their team members.Many of these managers have sustained even after constant failures because they are friends with someone higher up.
    Lots of unethical practices .Unable to meet any deadline because to bad management.Worst politics.
    Most projects are outsourced as company is unable to keep its full time employees from quitting.
    HR is really powerless and unable to bring about any change in the company.
    Join this company only if there is no other option and keep it as a temporary option.Also make sure anything promised during the offer has been in a written communication as they usually do not honor anything mentioned verbally.

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of all managers .Company would perform much better than current management

This is the worst company I ever worked for in my life.

ProsYou get paid twice a month.

ConsIf you want diversity do not come to this company. Very unfair treatment to employees of different backgrounds. You do all the work and get no credit for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees become managers and directors based on the fact that they been at the company for a long time. Hire competent people to lead your company.

Passionate People

Newark, CA

ProsGetting to work on cutting edge stuff without the hype and with some of the smartest people in the valley. The environment is cool and a lot of collaboration.

ConsPerks are ok, not great: Thursday lunch, occasional breakfast, and gym is good. Too much competition between the global offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your people to do more… you'll be surprised.

Worked for Risk Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Risk Management Solutions – Why Work for Us?

They said it couldn't be done. We thought otherwise. As a graduate student at Stanford, in the heart of earthquake country, I wrote a business plan to spin out university R&D and commercialize a computer model that… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Risk Management Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Risk Management Solutions CEO Hemant Shah. All 143 reviews posted anonymously by Risk Management Solutions employees.