Risk Management Solutions

Updated December 16, 2014
2.8

Risk Management Solutions President Hemant Shah
Hemant Shah

Pros
  • Good work life balance,ample growth opportunity if you are a self learner (in 20 reviews)

• There are lot of smart people here to work with (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Large iniative to roll out new flagship product RMS One, bombed in Apri 2014 (in 9 reviews)

• Should invest more heavily in product and model development to exceed client expectations (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

not an well organized company

Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Engineer in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice campus, fairly salary, good profit for old products

Cons

confused product design, wasted of time to have meetings

Number 1, soon to be 2 or lower

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I worked at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most people are very nice to work with
    Nice campus, gym, cafe, etc.
    Decent pay, benefits, and perks

Cons

Politics, politics, and more politics
    No career path (see above)
    Aimlessly trying to create something, without the talent
    Senior management is really clueless and they are the same people that oversaw the last debacle

Please step aside. You all have been there a number of years (some 20 plus years). The culture you have made is that you're the smartest guys in the room. The world has changed and you aren't those guys. Some of you are so over your head, yet you can't admit that because of the culture. Some reviews on here call for the CEO to step aside. I don't know if he's the problem, but all of his 'leadership council' need to take a good long look in the mirror. These are people's livelihoods you're 'learning' from. Shame on you for not admitting you don't understand software development... solely understanding insurance or an earth science, or both, doesn't qualify you to tackle any of the tasks before you.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people, very personable CEO with good values, good life work balance.

Cons

Since they missed a major deadline confidence is lost.

Disappointed

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice little things like free lunch once a week, volunteer days when everyone goes to help out somewhere, ping pong tables, swag like decent backpacks.

Cons

Communication failures, leading to delivery failures, followed by poor reorganizations, followed by layoffs and a failure to learn and grow, repeating the cycle.

Hold to the vision!

Robbers of your youth!

Current Employee - Senior Catastrophe Modeler in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Catastrophe Modeler in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some smart and nice people here,

Cons

BUT middle management is hand-picked by the senior management and senior management are a bunch of people who are personal friends of the CEO and can do no wrong (not to mention stuck in the dark ages of tech). The reason there were massive layoffs and the reason why they are having to release a new version of a program that was supposed to be defunct is because of their lack of intelligence and management. Model development is where science goes to die in the Newark office. You will leave here with fewer prospects than when you started as you see models being built in EXCEL, freaking EXCEL! They use 1990s technology, SQL, really?! DO not work here if you want to advance your career as a scientist or a janitor or even just a guy who hangs out on the street in front of buildings, you will regret it!

Hold the people really responsible for failure accountable. When I went to HR to complain about the unfair hiring and promoting and general business practices I was told they were powerless to do anything because the high ups refused to let them take action (And they said this isnt the first time they had had this complaint!). Let HR do their damn jobs!

Great people to work with!

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots to learn from experienced people at the company. It is a challenging industry to be in and people are always ready to help.

Cons

Lot of uncertainty in the company because of the challenge of building a cutting edge platform. Management is undecided on what strategy to choose. There is internal politics and upper management does not communicate the vision properly

There should be a proper product strategy and then stick with it

Internship at RMS

Current Employee - Model Development in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Model Development in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good experience during my internship at RMS. I worked in a professional team and friendly team in model development team and gained a lot good experiences.

Cons

I didn't see any problem during my internship. That being said, three months is probably not enough to notice possible cons in a company. Plus, I only worked with one manager.

Account Manager

I worked at Risk Management Solutions

Pros

Boss very supportive of career development.
    Good salary/benefits.
    Nice office environment.

Cons

Frequently changing company aims/strategy.
    More team bonding needed.

Focus on the team bonding outside of the workplace.
    Don't promise what you can't deliver.

Nice People, Relatively Strong Leadership Team, Uncertain Future

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my experience, the vast majority of the employee population at RMS are nice, helpful, collaborative, and extremely smart. All good things! They offer the standard benefits that you would expect from most companies in the valley. Career development opportunities are improving and are more abundant in certain groups within the organization. The CEO is mission driven and really cares about the future of the organization and its employees.

Cons

RMS is at an inflection point right now and the future success of the organization seems uncertain. Even with that being said, I would recommend RMS to friends who can absorb some level of risk and want to roll up their sleeves, do interesting work, and really make an impact within the company and on an entire industry!

OK to work here

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Newark, CA

I have been working at Risk Management Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

RMS has very good employee friendly policies and provides competitive salary also.

Cons

RMS management is not so good.

Risk Management Solutions Photos