Rite Aid

Rite Aid Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley

John T. Standley

Pros:
  • "Good pay, nice policies, Decent job overall"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours"
    in 27 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work a lot of hours with no upper management appreciation"
    in 64 reviews
  • "resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else"
    in 26 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

not good

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor/Wellness Ambassdor (Former Employee)
    Passaic, NJ

Prospharmacy is great very fast moving.

Consstore was mess could not find what i was looking for.working conditions were not good very unfair of late.

Advice to Senior Managementget new ones,ones that do not treat employee like dogs or change schedules after they have been up a week. call them at home and say i changed your schedule. give you more woke then you can do with a cashier and yourself.

Great pay and room to grow.

Over Night Cashier (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsVery friendly staff and clean stores.

ConsManagers that don't do their job.

Burnout.

Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsThe customers. The salary. the be nefits

ConsPoor administraTION, poor appropriation of money management. Do not respect their workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee cons.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shift Supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Whittier, CA

ProsSimple enough work. I was hired as an associate one summer and became a Supervisor one year later. I worked for three different stores and each one had a great management staff and team to work with. I liked how corporate was really pushing for customer service satisfaction.

ConsUnpredictable customers, but that's retail for you. Difficult to find hrs

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more understanding toward associates who absolutely have no choice but to call out. Last manager always through call outs in the face of associates more often than necessary.

Shift supervisor

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsCo workers, discount, paid holidays, upper management doesn't care if employees are unhappy, and that's just about it

ConsThey pay you less than their cashiers for you to have a key to the building, handle their money, and run the store. HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and not just your bonus. Compliment the store on the good things not just what you don't like. Eckerd offered a lot more to associates, rite aid is going down fast, word gets out that the work environment is horrible.

Store manager ..not good experience at all. Dm not there to assist ever..Noone is a team .You stand alone.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsMaking your own schedule .never seeing D.M. Good employees.

ConsNot enough payroll hours. D.M never around. Hr does not have your back. Payroll always an issue. Not enough workers due to payroll hrs all work to be done by managers. Horrible managers. Call outs excessive forcing store manager to work doubles etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the people that are working for you. Allow the manager to actually manage instead of being a cashier.or truck pusher

Boring and slow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMeet great people, learn inns and outs of retail

Consinflexible scheduling, slow paced, little room for advancement.

Undercompensated/Overworked

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI was fortunate to have a strong team that made day to day operations bearable, but whoa to those not in a store run by capable management.

ConsUpper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs. Primarily by running staffs that are just enough to get by. Very little support from above, and even less compassion for the employees that do everything they can to keep their individual store afloat.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to Wal Mart!

Continuous nagging from corporate ruins every aspect of our store climate.

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)
    Sylvania, OH

ProsExposure to many aspects of healthcare that ensures a comprehensive understanding of the US healthcare system. Compensation starts out fair for a beginner but severely flatlines quickly. My pharmacy manager and team all together are fantastic and we all get along.

ConsCorporate is relentless with their policies. It seems as though every week we receive communication of something new we must do; without giving us the tools to apply it or compensation. Our pharmacy is cluttered with useless signs, bins, filing boxes, etc...and they must be in the proper position or else a visit from PDM or corporate will result in a "yellow". Customer service is the number one priority for the guys upstairs; and we must fill prescriptions no matter what. There is ZERO emphasis on QA by the pharmacist....it's not even a factor, which is atrocious to say the least.

Pay is not worth the slave-boy I am told (by corporate, not my manager) to be. It's a constant back/forth/back/forth from 11am - ~6pm. It's similar to a clothing store in a mall. Three years with the company and less than a dollar pay raise. Really? I've filled in many times at 5 other locations and at each and every one of them had the negative work environment as my store; and thus it is a corporate level issue vs. store level. There's nothing to strive for in this job, there's no such thing as looking forward to going in to work. Simply put "I work XX-day" from a technician is ALWAYS a negative sentiment.

Also, most importantly, please for the sake of the patients lower prices on everything in the store. It's absolutely revolting having to charge someone $9.99 for a script they could get at walmart or costco for $4.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow federal law on pharmaceutical stores more than your own delusional and counter intuitive policies. Fix the inventory replenishment DC order, give us a better register system and replace the dinosaurs we currently have, pay us fairly according to our work, make performance reviews USEFUL, get rid of "6 basket rule" & "15 min or less QA", renovate our pharmacy....I can go on and on. If anyone up there is reading this please even out the playing field in terms of performance, compensation, efficiency, and patient care.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salary is not bad and benefits are pretty good. Part time employees are eligible for benefits as well thanks to the union.

ConsThere is never sufficient payroll to run the store effectively. The company doesn't provide the right tools to do your job and still uses severely outdated and inefficient software. Corporate management likes to preach having a high regard for the employees but when it comes down to it, store management is treated quite poorly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the stores the tools they need to do their job and provide safer working conditions, incuding ergonomic work stations.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Rite Aid CEO John T. Standley. All 816 reviews posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees.