Rite Aid Reviews

Reset
2.8
Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • flexible hours dependent on manager (in 33 reviews)

• Hard work, good pay, good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management are NEVER happy with performance (in 82 reviews)

• More hourly payroll would help Customer Service (in 31 reviews)

1,449 Employee Reviews

1. Rite Aid corporate

Current Employee - Specialist in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Specialist in Camp Hill, PA

Pros

Although I don't yet have my six months in at corporate headquarters, I have experienced enough here -- and elsewhere -- to want to post about my experiences. And what I have experienced has been great. It's a huge company, but there is clearly an effort to make employees feel valued and connected. Tons of contests and events bring people together who wouldn't interact in regular work alone. They even have an elaborate all-volunteer Santa visit for the kids at holidays! And a real commitment to fund raising and charitable efforts, even if it the expectations to get involved border on being pushy. There are a ton of opportunities to get to talk and interact with even the highest levels of management. By far, the best place I've worked overall.

Cons

There is an expectation for a lot of work beyond any other job I've held. While I experience less of this being lower on the totem pole, I see supervisors on up putting a lot of time into the company with at least a little bit of resentment at how much.

Advice to Management

None, at this point. There's already plenty of it being thrown that way.

2. Hope for future with Rite Aid!!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fremont, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Fremont, MI

Pros

It is a company that recognizes its weakness's and is trying to improve all the time. The District managers have for years attempted to improve conditions and sales with each store. Treatment towards employee's has risen. Weekly and monthly meetings are hels to listen to our employee's also.

Cons

There are too many people in too many places making decisions that effect your store and have no relevance. There are instances where store managers fail to follow through on what it is Rite Aid is trying to do. They need a better accountability plan to get these managers to raise the standards for store conditions and for employee relations.

Advice to Management

Listen to your help even more than you try to now. I think an outside source who could come in occassionally to review stores and make recommendations. Not ones who are critical but ones who may be brutally honest and professionally sound.

3. Good place to work.

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Newnan, GA

Pros

Easy to balance work and family life. Only worked 42 hours per week. The task that were assigned to my department were simple to complete.

Cons

The holidays were very busy. The warehouse was old and dusty. There was a high rate of turnover due to low wages for regular associates.

Advice to Management

Know where every penny is going. Don't approve capital budgets then feel as though you can't change the budget if needed. i.e. A down turn in sales should require changing the budget.

5. Pharmacy technician at rite aid is very good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Want to become a pharmacist, going to pharmacy school, i started at good pay, near my house, very knowledgeable staff, real people with real lives as opposed to fast food managers who, on a whole, have no social life, down to earth people, very professional working environment.

Cons

honestly the only con to this job is that you cant get away with anything if u consider that a con, and maybe the fact that your on your feet the whole day.

Advice to Management

Have raises come quickly to keep employees happy, better benefits, bigger break rooms so that you can fit yourself and your meal with you in the same room.

6. Excellent!

Former Employee - Assistant Regional Construction Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Regional Construction Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

Management and training was outstanding.

Cons

Unfortunately I was laid off due to company downsizing.

Advice to Management

Incredible structure and very approachable.

7. challenging

Current Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

gain lots of knowledge through ever changing days. My immediate supervisor is respectful and extreamly fair, I enjoy my work

Cons

as with most retail,payroll is always a concern, sometimes communication could be better, in talking with people who work the same industry it seems our pay is a little low

8. The best first-time job experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Fun, easy going atmosphere. Manager was very pleasant to work with and treated all employees with respect. Customers were nice

Cons

Stand on your feet your entire shift Photo lab was being removed piece by piece, so there were some unsatisfied customers

Advice to Management

Realize that just because some of the plan-o-grams may work at the company store, they don't work at every store

9. exceptional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

good management and good customer service

Cons

bad reputation and company closing down stores

Advice to Management

n/a

10. number one

Current Employee - Associate in Claremont, NH
    Current Employee - Associate in Claremont, NH

Pros

advancement is easy if you have competency and like to be a team player.

Cons

short working hours, and sometimes district management can be to dictative

11. its a good company but needs more attention from the district manager not the vp of the region

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bayonne, NJ

Pros

love working with my people decent pay cant complain easy to move up if you love retail could learn everything quickly every day u get to learn something new fun atmosphere to work for ( depending where the store is located)

Cons

i feel like managers who are trained and ready to join the corporate jobs they shouldn't let them wait and for dms they should be in stores every day and see what is going and what needs to be done i feel like a vp should not come and tell us what needs to done , the dm should come and teach us not the vp .

Advice to Management

to the corporate crew give your store managers who trained in properly manner and knows what retail is to move up to the next level it takes time to find but giv some chance to make this company moving

Showing 1,449 of 1,468 reviews