Rite Aid

2.7
1,017 Reviews

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • Flexible hours,like you got anywhere from 300-450 hours as an intern, pretty flexible (in 33 reviews)

• good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand what is happening at store level or seem to care (in 82 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Pharmacist

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Getting a salary was the only pro.

Cons

1- Racism. Being treated like scum because I am foreign, by pharmacy manager and PDM who were foreign themselves. American employees are treated fine, and foreigners are treated like slaves.
    2- working overtime without being paid.
    3- no time for bathroom breaks.
    4- most technicians are rude and extremely incapable and unprofessional.
    5- Horribly incompetent amateur management and complete inability to appreciate and respect talent. I left them for a better position due to all of this.

Rite Aid has no management, only people in management positions. Start practicing flipping burgers for a living, since with your level of competence, that is what you will end up doing in the very near future.

Not the best

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Enjoy most coworkers and that is about it, Very little room for promotion and very corrupt values

Cons

Pay as a shift manager is terrible, make $1 more than cashiers after many years, a lot of work for little pay

Care about your employees

Poor leadership and management

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Rite Aid

Pros

They give you a 20% discount.

Cons

The work load is increased daily with new checklists and assignments. The usual day consists of a manager by themselves for 6 hours helping customers and working on truck. When a shift manager comes in later that day the General Manager can get off of the register to finish the work he couldn't get to in the morning.

Understand that customer service suffers from no staff in the stores.

Saw the writing on the wall on my first day

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Says I have to write a 5 word minimum which is 4 too many for this company. Zero is the amount of pros.

Cons

Everything...was going to be hired as a wellness ambassador starting at $12 in my state, due to my experience, I was offered the shift supervisor position and figured it would pay more and would be a great position. Too bad the pay they started me at was $1.25 less than a wellness ambassador for 100 times the work. I literally felt nauseous on day one and I lasted a whole 3 days, I know businesses and knew it was a horrible company from the first day. Once the manager told me that I should just do all the work of the manager a lot of the time because of no help and not to question it, is the moment I should've walked out. I really feel for anyone who has been there for a long time.

You need to do a complete 180 on the entire company. I do not see you lasting under the current regime for more than 5 years. You have high turnover rates because your pay scale is 46% lower than the rest of the country. You waste more time on training new employees when all you had to do is give the good ones more money that they deserved.

Pays bills... barely

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Slippery Rock, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Slippery Rock, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It pays my bills, thankfully my spouse has a better job.

Cons

The company does not care about you, they only care about the customer 1000% and whether or not they will come back.

Get with the real world, happy employees will work harder. Maybe stop asking us what we think and actually act on those things.

Store Managet

Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Store Manager, get paid well. Lots of flexibility. Benefits and 401k is great!

Cons

Your not given enough staff, your responsible for everything that happens in your facility. Dc deliveries are the worst, and if your team suck, you will be miserable.

Stop terminating good employees, and start appreciating how hard the Good Store Managers work. Stay away from HR : Loreal, & Kim Love, they are out to destroy folks lively hood

Underpaid and understaffed

Current Employee - Store Manager in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Durham, NC

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Days can be busy and it's not difficult to move into a management role. Not a very challenging workplace. Job stability.

Cons

Ha. Where to begin? First of all, everyone is underpaid. Especially in a management role. Secondly they are constantly understaffed. Little room for overtime. Difficult to bonus. Constantly changing procedures. Regional management is awful. New company slogan is "it may not be your fault but it's your problem"
    That's just a way to pass the buck down to store management.

Create store policies for all store types, not just the large busy stores. Hire more people!

Great People that do there best to keep to company needs as Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pride people have at stores, Load 2 Card Program and people in Salt Lake City office are great all though heard they have cut all those people down to Part time. Worked for total of 14 years. We loved being Payless/Thrifty. THey have great values.

Cons

Company only cares for money, not in employees, fight to keep store going and no ability for higher pay to get quality people. Turn around in most pretty good. What they say and do in Corporate makes mistakes in ad's are consistently taken place but if we did that we would be fired as employees, but how whoever is in charge of ad's and printing needs to be fired and and whole new crew that can make it correct. Also executive management previously was awe-full and come to a store say of this is wrong this is wrong , well do this and then go behind your back and rip the store to pieces with district manager. Strong sales and great space then Rite Aid came in with all lies

invest in help and training for everyone to be on same page as some stores know alot as they have management that try to make every effort for each item, yet other stores the people are rude and pharmacists are there and think they are there to look pretty instead of actually working. What they say and do in Corporate makes mistakes in ad's are consistently taken place but if we did that we would be fired as employees, but how whoever is in charge of ad's and printing needs to be fired and and whole new crew that can make it correct. Also executive management previously was awe-full and come to a store say of this is wrong this is wrong , well do this and then go behind your back and rip the store to pieces with district manager. Have lost so many great managers with the swift finger.

Bad

Former Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no pros to this job at this company

Cons

Not correct paychecks, have employees working there that are very non-professional that should not be working there and not a team situation.

get new managment

Terrible

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very little good happens here.

Cons

Terrible working hours
    Treats workers like animals
    Cuts hours to the extreme of some managers having to work by themselves

Pay workers more
    Hire more workers
    Treat workers like human beings