Rite Aid

2.7
1,069 Reviews

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • Flexible hours,like you got anywhere from 300-450 hours as an intern, pretty flexible (in 33 reviews)

• good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand what is happening at store level or seem to care (in 82 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Not bad

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Hard work pays off, decent salary

Cons

Poor upper management, long days

Listen to managers when needed

Sales associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kannapolis, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kannapolis, NC

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It wasn't a hard job

Cons

management wasn't good. pay was okay

nothing really you figure out your own issues

shift supervisor at Rite Aid Store , south Plainfield, New Jersey for 3 years from august 2011 to Jan 2015

Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in South Plainfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in South Plainfield, NJ

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

20% discount for employees, There's BOGO FREE items on GNC shelves floor, there's 75% off clearance sale for seasonal and for discontinued selected items. you can get 20 hours to 40 hours work per week as shift supervisor at $9.25 plus wage hourly salary [year 2015], you can learn to do more office paper works, you can be authoritative as shift sup or manager to cashiers. [yikes] learn to unload trucks and put items in shelves floor, learn to use rf gun scanner, use biometric fingerprint when you clock in and clock out, you can get promotion as long as you request your manager or ask another manager from another rite aid store. so cashiers get paid $8.25 hourly rate, supervisor gets paid 9.25 . you get Manager give you more hours if you request it and I think if Mgr likes you so long you finished your task he/she assign you. you get training from rite aid and they pay your training. you can have break or no break.- Mgrs options.. you can get one week vacation and then followed by next next one week vacation again in another period era. you get more help if its the day of unloading truck. you get direct deposit too.

Cons

you get fired if you steal. you get fired if you use your wellness card to all customers, you get fired if you abused your wellness card . you get trouble if your customers file a complained against your attitude towards them by calling [1800 riteaid]. Rite aid warehouse looks miserable old empty room space with very dusty concrete floor. restroom is neglected on cleaning and maintenance. cutting back hours among employees if sales don't go high in numbers compare to sales last year versus sales this year. its all around job , I find myself on running store by myself in the morning shifts. not enough employees cuz rite aid cut back the budget expenses. store inventory is the biggest tasks where you put all items one by one in the right upc price labeled. Cosmetics are hard to put back in the right place all at once cuz theres not enough time and not enough employees to help you. There's no enough hours cuz you are only shift and your cashier running the store day to day. cannot get things all at once, unless you speed your labor twice your performance. its stressful sometimes but I keep doing it cuz I need to pay my bills.

as long as you work in Rite Aid. you can continue to receive minimal paycheck to paycheck and live with your parents. you can continue to keep your debit card to afford little things such as your smartphones, gasoline for your car, lease a tiny car, it will be burden to work in rite aid if you rent apartment yourself plus you pay your bill. it s a burden for small paycheck employees. .its a very demanding job for Store Managers to keep up sometimes. theres enormous jobs everyday. and also Rite Aid computer Operating system is still using window xp while we are using windows 8. I see Managers keeping up pace of the store- getting all projects as much as they can for 7 or 8 hours a day. Its really a stressful job too.

Sales

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Very Flexible Schedule to deal with

Cons

No much except pay. If you want to make more, maybe consider other career

An okay place to work, great environment, but could have better pay.

Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount, training, holiday pay,

Cons

Late hours, low wages, lack of work

Great team at my store; pay is not great.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My store has long term people that are fun to work with and are very supportive of each other.

Cons

I left my pharmacy tech position a year ago because they wouldn't give me a proper raise and I could live on what they paid. I came back part time a few months ago at the request of my PM at a substantial raise due to new district management. It's still not great pay but it's not my primary income anymore.

When you have good people, support them and compensate them accordingly, so you can keep them.

This is a great company with varied levels of growth potential.

Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

The opportunities to interact with as well as help people are awesome.

Cons

This is a physical job that requires both physical stamina as well as mental.

Security and maintenance should be looked into and adjusted.

Wasted a year

I worked at Rite Aid

Pros

Great benefits 1199 health insurance

Cons

Supervisors are slaves no breaks
    Constant issues

I was management but there is nothing you can change

Its an okay company; if you need a job than yes, work for them

Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The 20% discount comes in handy. Okay benefits, some associates are great to work with and some aren't. Some management helps you succeed and some don't

Cons

Advancement to upper management; cheaper benefits, better pay for the amount of work that is required; employees should get a higher discount then customers. Customers get the same discount as associates. :-(

Encourage managers to help associates grow and learn but offer incentives along the way to keep associates motivated.

Average Cashiering Experience

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Comparable to working at any other large corporation drugstore/pharmacy. Very easy, met a lot of people, cashiered, stocked shelves. Room to move up in management if you stay long enough.

Cons

The pay was obviously very low, there was no atmosphere or sense of unity between the workers, you had to deal with rude or obnoxious customers sometimes.

Have a better training program, easier and faster chances for advancement