Rite Aid Reviews

Updated September 21, 2014
2.8

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits, if you work at a union store, flexible hours (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is determined to turn a profit at whatever costs (in 68 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Good for part time work while going to school

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Rite Aid part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers (at least in my store)
    flexible with school or air national guard schedule
    Easy repetitive work

Cons

very few hours
    management is okay at best
    not much room for advancement
    chairs are not given much authority or tools to help customers (ex: manager approval needed to override everything)

Give long time/experienced associates the ability to override lower cost transactions rather than having the supervisors come to the front to resolve every small issue. Start bringing in services like red box and selling local newspapers. Wall greens already offered these services day one and it lost us business to the competition.

It's all about who you know and who likes you

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with make all the difference. I can honestly say the issues that we had or I should say I have had My district management team had my back. They are trying to get with the times which is good with technology I moved up pretty quickly. However its sometimes who you know and who likes you.

Cons

Money is low compared to competitors. But if you need a job its decent pay. Salaried means long hours especially when you have limited payroll. Sometimes your upper management aren't as sympathetic as they should be. Some of them were once in our shoes and I feel like they tend to forget that with the decisions they make.

Treat your store managers good and I promise it will trickle down. Find new and inventive ways to get your customers in the store because at our competitors walgreens to be specific, they have tons of payroll in the store at all times.

No Opportunity to grow in the Pharmacy department

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I use to work for this company as a cashier/pharmacy technician. I started at minimum wage. Then I was promoted to a higher position. (Wellness Ambassador) and I got a raise to $10 an hour and I work there for 3 year. I just got that raise because of the position, but as a cashier or Pharmacy Tech they hardly increase your pay. I had a coworker that after she resigned because she found a job that offer her a higher pay at another pharmacy, my boss offer her to match the same pay so she can stay, but she refused.

Cons

No promotions, no bonus, no opportunity to grow.

N/A in the Pharmacy, unless you go to College to study to become a Pharmacist.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Keep on looking

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time

Pros

Smaller stores, workload compared to other drug store retailers is less.

Cons

Most markets your competing with a union. While workload is smaller than other companies, Recent changes made getting any tasks done next to impossible.

Stop cutting hours so drastically. Stop saving pennies when company should be saving dollars.

Shift Supervisor

Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor  in  Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Being able to make my own schedule and getting to know new people

Cons

This company has a serious communication issues and plays favorites alot among its employees.

Do better

Are you ready to be under-appreciated?

Current Employee - Front End Cashier  in  Loma Linda, CA
    Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Loma Linda, CA

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for more than a year

Pros

The store itself is very nice and pleasant to work in, and the management is flexible with hours while I'm in school. My fellow cashiers, and most of the supervisors, are very friendly.

Cons

The higher you go in the food chain, the worse the people get. The upper management doesn't care about treating its employees like dirt, anything to turn a profit. Hours are constantly being cut for cashiers, while the management maintains a steady 40+ hours. My manager is unprofessional and doesn't hesitate to yell at employees in front of customers, and say things to employees that frankly he has no right to say. Complaints to human resources are useless, they will ignore you entirely. This is a company that truly does not care about its employees, and views them as nothing more than money earning robots.

Refine you professionalism skills, stop treating your employees like dirt and start treating us like people. Also, consider telling employees BEFORE you hire them that the store is unionised and you will be required to pay almost $200 out of pocket for union membership, which is mandatory, and that you will have almost $30 deducted for union dues from every paycheck.

Terrible management.

Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor  in  Long Beach, NY
    Current Employee - Rite Aid Shift Supervisor in Long Beach, NY

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are close by, always one near where you live. Easy to get hired

Cons

Will never move up in the company, the upper management doesn't care about anything and they will always pay you next to nothing

Promote people who can actually run the store and have a proper education

Pretty bad

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I worked at Rite Aid part-time for more than a year

Pros

I seriously cannot think of anything good to say about the company. I worked here as a pharmacy tech for about 2 years part time.

Cons

They work you to death. At the mercy of the pharmacy manager. Management is awful, no appreciation for employees. Barely above minimum wage and they don't care if you are certified. People stay but I don't know why. The co-workers are nice but mostly we just shared a common dislike for our jobs. Stay away!

Pay your people what they deserve and then you won't have such high turnover. Treat the pharmacy team like medical professionals and not like retail slaves.

Not a very good company. Management is poor. Difficult to advance. Raises are annual and are very low.

Former Employee - Merchandiser  in  New Castle, DE
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in New Castle, DE

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working in store is not difficult. Some managers are great to work with. Not hard to get hired by this company.

Cons

Promotions from within are very rare.Most managers are not good to work with. Many employs are not a good fit. Company hires below average candidates often.

Retail, in all its glory

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Rite Aid part-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a puny paycheck.

Cons

The compensation is bare minimum as they expect an awful lot for $8.00 an hour. Training is a joke. Top-level management hasn't a clue how to run this company. No career development. I am a college student and hope to never have to work in retail again.

Do not make employees do things that you would not want to do yourself: work EVERY weekend and holiday, work for slave wages, and no work-life balance.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!