Rite Aid

2.7
1,074 Reviews

Rite Aid President, CEO, and Director John T. Standley
John T. Standley

Pros
  • Flexible hours,like you got anywhere from 300-450 hours as an intern, pretty flexible (in 33 reviews)

• good pay compared to the other big chains, good computer system and interface (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not understand what is happening at store level or seem to care (in 82 reviews)

• resets etc while giving good customer service along with everything else (in 31 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun Environment if you Can Handle the Stress

Former Employee - Cashier/Pharmacy Technician in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Pharmacy Technician in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Their is cross training within the pharmacy which is great for growth within the company. It is a fast paced environment with lots to learn with an equal amount of work.

Cons

If the pharmacy does not meet the goals, district managers become very pushy in order to meet vaccination goals. It can be become very stressful as customers are not always compliant and as some goals just can not be met all the time..

Promoting staff in order to meet goals is different then pushing them to meet goals since all goals can not always be met.

Overall poor company management

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a pharmacy tech, I worked closely with customers and doctors. It was easy to get to know them and make friends. Many of them were kind, happy, and generous people.

Cons

Rite aid claims to have an open door policy and a no retaliation policy. They do not honor either of these. They let me( former employee) be harassed for nearly a year. When I took the issue to management, I was retailiated against many times. Not only did I talk to store managers, district managers, but human resources as well. I left to go on a medical leave for 30 days. Before my 30 days were up, I attempted to go back to work. I was told they no lo her had me on the schedule! I was to call the district office. When I did, no one helped me. They beat around the bush until I was automatically terminated. When I tried to apply for unemployment, they claim they hadn't heard from me or seen me since I left for leave. When I applied for other positions I was over qualified for, I was denied. The reason for this is because I stood up for myself and the way I was being treated. Instead of moving me

Honor your policy, do not retaliate employees, do not allow harassment, do not discriminate.

A good experience with a chain pharmacy

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

Good pay, good hours, opportunity to advance

Cons

Low tech hours, increased demand on pharmacists,

Nice co-workers, Typical corporation. good sized store.

Former Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Newport, OR
    Former Employee - Registered Pharmacy Technician in Newport, OR

I worked at Rite Aid full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable co-workers. Good variety of over the counter merchandise.

Cons

Mediocre pay, vanishing hours after major move.

Miserable management

I worked at Rite Aid

Pros

Good associates to work with lower level, not too much overtime.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of communication, midlevel and higher management focused almost entirely on "cost saving" (Taking from regular associates )..
    Paranoid about being sued to the point of obsession and making decisions based on what is most likely to keep them from getting sued instead of what's actually the right thing to do.

Treat your regular associates better, they are the real key to making money for the organization.

Must be very well diversified.

I worked at Rite Aid

Pros

The perks of this company is that you keep up with all the current laws and policies of pharmacy.

Cons

No advancement in the pharmacy department and the pay increase is not great.

Listen to their hourly employee more since they do most of the work for the company.

Front End Associate

Current Employee - Front End Associate
    Current Employee - Front End Associate

I have been working at Rite Aid

Pros

You get to help people, which at least for me is enjoyable. Health and dental benefits are also a plus. General cashier and stock job.

Cons

-Low wages
    -Poor management at all levels
    -Not enough hours given to the store to run it properly, leading to you being overworked
    -Not someplace to make a career out of

Provide better training and give more hours.

Great experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Kentwood, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Kentwood, MI

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (more than a year)

Pros

My management staff was very friendly and good to work with. I did have one supervisor who would always touch my back from time to time, but reporting it to the store manager solved that problem very quickly. I worked there for over a year and despite this I received a 2% pay increase before I quit. From what the manager told me based on our performance she could recommend us for a 0-3% increase, yet it was up to the district manager to approve it. There was always either the store manager or one of four shift supervisors there at all times, and all of them would immediately respond to your paging.

Cons

At my store anyway, the store manager had a zero-call out policy, no matter how sick you were or what transpired (although she did allow one of the other cashiers to take the day off when a relative passed away.) So when I was out of town and an emergency happened with my girlfriend and I had no ride to get home, I called my shift supervisor and a coworker to see if I could get my shift covered, and they said yes. However, my store manager soon called me and demanded that I come in, despite the arrangements I had just made. An argument with her over my situation is what led me to quit. I really loved working at Rite Aid, I thought it was one of the best jobs I had ever had but all good things must come to an end, I suppose. During my annual review she told me she didn't feel I was ready for a promotion, but recently an interview with Walgreens has proven her wrong. I start as a shift leader next week :)

Asset Protection DM

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time

Pros

Company car and decent salary. Associate discount standard for retail. This company tries to reinvent it self every few years instead of sticking with what works.

Cons

Upper management does not know how to run this company. Long unappreciated hours. Lazy co workers. Not a place to make a permanent career unless you like to play in all of the politics and kiss up.

Get a clue, maybe someday you will figure it out like CVS and Walgreens.

My experience at Rite-Aid, was great in helping me shape my management and communication skills

Former Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Clayton, NC
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Cashier in Clayton, NC

I worked at Rite Aid part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Rite-Aid, is great place to work for, employees are great to be around. Structured management, will willingness to work for others and being able to learn from one another. Great in helping young employees learn how to develop management and communication skills and over all work ethic for future endeavors and jobs.

Cons

Rite-Aid is a great establishment to work for, but they pay is substantially low and not up to par with their fellow competitors. Another con is not having enough hours to give to employees to work. Management can be great at times but better communication is needed.

Consider offering more work hours to employees and possible higher wages. More flexibility with work-life, maintaining a balance.