Ritz-Carlton

Ritz-Carlton Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Ritz-Carlton President and COO Hervé Humler

Hervé Humler

Pros
  • Great people really encompass the values they preach(in 12 reviews)

• Ladies & Gentlemen serving Ladies & Gentlemen(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance may not be as expected in other companies(in 15 reviews)

• Long hours and holidays are hard to get off(in 16 reviews)

good place to work

Prosbenefits, pay, fun, customers, coworker

Consworkload, no balance work/life, training

amazing company

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosexcelent customer service, free lunch

Conswish i had more hours to work

The Ritz WAS a great company to work for.

Reservatioins Supervisor (Former Employee) Saint Thomas, VI

ProsThe best things about this company were it's benefits plan. Not many companies can match what they offer. The culture of excellence and expectations was also something that I liked. It made you always strive to be your best.

ConsThey preach that employees are valuable to them and they strive to ensure that employee satisfaction is one of their greatest values. However this is not they case. If you are not perfect, watch out! They will not hesitate to get rid of you, especially if you have ruthless management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company; just try to stick to larger properties if upward mobility is a priority

Communications/PBX (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThe company culture, perks ranging from discounts to medical to just general swag. I adore working here, although did not in the past due to shoddy management. There are so many benefits to working here, I would always recommend it still. Pros: medical/dental/vision, opportunity for career mentor-ship, culture and attitude, "friendly" corporation, opportunities to win luxury gifts and trips regularly, fun environment, employee cafe, employee recognition and appreciation, top pay rates.

ConsAs with any company, but especially glaring to due to the strongly touted Ritz-Carlton brand standards and culture, an ineffective manager can ruin the experience for anyone working around them. Also, having already worked at a small property, you will find that upward mobility is nearly impossible unless you are being mentored and placed in line for positions that come open. Do not expect to procure a promotion if you are not fully immersed in the culture and be aware of your emotional IQ. These things will get you further than any outright work ethic accompanied with a poor attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on career and talent development with associated, even when they have not made it to management yet.

Demonstrates passioniate guest services.

SPA (Current Employee) Half Moon Bay, CA

ProsExtremely fair to all employees, and very nice incentives. worked at my own pace.

ConsAlot of physical work. Too quiet sometimes.

Top 1%

Club Concierge (Current Employee) Avon, CO

ProsThe ritz has world renowned customer service training.

ConsHigh turnover of employees and underfunding for club level.

Great Atmosphere of Professionalism

Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe networking capabilities are endless and the staff truly acts like family to each other.

ConsVery hectic schedules at times, consistent with most of the hospitality industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be the examples The Ritz-Carlton bases company values on.

Guest Relations

Guest Relations Agent (Former Employee) Miami Beach, FL

ProsStability, great management, career advancement opportunities, working one on one with VIP Guests, can transfer to any Marriott/ Ritz Carlton chains all over the world.

ConsVery competitive corporate culture, varying shifs (morning, afternoon, evening)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Benefits are a plus; but you will not have a life to enjoy them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsExcellent benefits like discounted hotel rooms, employee incentives and great hotel-wide morale boosters.

ConsTerrible work/life balance, upper management for front office highly disorganized and fluctuating schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture the Front-Office. This department is after all the blood-line of every hotel.

Very progressive, professional, feeling of "family," educational experience

Manicurist (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsExcellent training, growth opportunity and benefits

ConsDemanding at times. Lots of meetings

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!