Ritz-Carlton

www.ritzcarlton.com

Ritz-Carlton Reviews in New Orleans, LA

Ritz-Carlton President and COO Hervé Humler

Hervé Humler

Pros
  • Great people really encompass the values they preach (in 12 reviews)

• Ladies & Gentlemen serving Ladies & Gentlemen (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance may not be as expected in other companies (in 15 reviews)

• Long hours and holidays are hard to get off (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights
3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the most professional employers I have worked for

Gardemanger Cook (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsThe application process is highly professional and statistics say, only one in 14 gets the job. The company is interested in keeping their employees life-long and therefore makes sure to get people in with the right attitude. Their credo is "We are ladies and gentlemen, serving ladies and gentlemen". Employees treat one another with respect and are trained to use a differential language.
    Employees are evaluated and trained professionally and frequently on their jobs. Special skills are recognized and mentored. Employees who wish to step up or switch departments get full support and are trained accordingly to achieve their goals.

Great company!

ConsLengthy and very demanding interview process, though worth it

AWESOME company... POOR/UNETHICAL management... :-(

Server (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGreat benefits, EXCELLENT pay, meeting celebrities and high profile people that are just regular people like us..

ConsManagement @ our property was horrible at employee engagement.. They took so much time instilling in us core values, but its all just for "show" and we all thought that made the company's culture fake! We knew it's just our property, not the company as a whole...

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to Employee Engagement scores & not just revenues & expenses.. Ask yourself if the employee turnover rate so high & why.. The front-line employees are the company's GREATEST asset because WE make the guests want to return and be a guest for life...

They manage to make simple task more difficult than necessary.

Cocktail Server (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGood opportunities for growth if you take advantage of them.

ConsSo many standards and rules for lower employees but there seems to be a lack of uniform consequences.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. They know what's going on they actually have face time with the guests. Their suggestions could help to make the environment friendly for all.

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!