Ritz-Carlton

Ritz-Carlton Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Ritz-Carlton President and COO Hervé Humler

Hervé Humler

Pros
  • Great people really encompass the values they preach(in 12 reviews)

• Ladies & Gentlemen serving Ladies & Gentlemen(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance may not be as expected in other companies(in 15 reviews)

• Long hours and holidays are hard to get off(in 16 reviews)

Less than 5 star

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMarriott benefits, health insurance. Hotel discounts when traveling, 401 k match

ConsFavoritism, clicks amongst managers, promoting only hourly associates to managers to save salary costs, overall low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based on talent and pay people what they are worth to retain talent

Amazing opportunities to grow within the company

ProsThe ritz Carlton still has a sense of formality that has been lost in many other corporations. They push for promoting within the company, and your options within the company are almost infinite.

ConsSometimes I notice a "management vs. hourly" environment, which creates a lot if miscommunication.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake communication more of a priority, especially between your salary and hourly employees.

Chef de Cuisine

Chef De Cuisine (Former Employee) Amelia Island, FL

ProsReputable brand name for the public.

ConsParent company (Marriott) putting on more and more control, homogenizing among Ritz properties and other Marriott hotels

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job to have

SPA Concierge (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsWeekly pay is fantastic. Also, the heavy discounts are a great perk to have! Especially if you work in the spa

ConsThere's definitely a food chain when it comes to how others are treated. Jobs such as management, security, and front desk are treated like gold while others (housekeeping, spa valet, and laundry) are treated like dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat every employee the same, regardless of job title.

Reservation and sales consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits free night stays

ConsThe pay is really low

Advice to Senior ManagementGive raises more than 10 cents at a time

Very Professional Company

Sales Administrator (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThis company is like a well oiled machine. Your job is very regimented and there is a daily line-up. There is respect for the employees as we are all ladies and gentlemen. I had a great experience working with some wonderfully personal and professional people.

ConsIt seemed that the only way to move up and to gain a better salary is to go to a competitor and then come back.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an interest in developing and training individuals within the company and offer them the same or better pay as you would someone coming from a competetor.

Great place to work!

ProsHotel Discounts, a company that cares

Conshospitality industry doesn't have wonderful pay or hours, but you know that going in

Really great place to work.

Banquet Chef (Former Employee) South Miami, FL

ProsGreat emphasis on customer service.
    Employees are always empower to do what it takes to make guest happy.

ConsLong hours .
    Limited work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementBonus would be a great motivation to middle management .
    Try to retain employee ,why train them for some other company most time they leave it's because of compensation.

Just like any other job

Cook I (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat Pay, easy to move up the corporate ladder if willing to relocate

Conslots of red tape when trying to implement new practices. demands an open schedule. must be willing to work anytime asked.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet non-management involved in line-ups. If they feel involved, they are more likely to work with passion.

Great Place to work, but not enough growth or earning potential.

SPA Concierge (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThis is important to me and why I rated "4" Stars overall: Wonderful coworkers, beautiful facility,working atmosphere and benefits. Department Manager was fantastic. He was truly hands on and always ready to jump in and do whatever needed to be done. I believe he recently transferred to another property. Supervisor was very good, but very busy as she was also a therapist.

ConsThis location is a small boutique Ritz-Carlton property. There is generally an abundance of opportunity to move and grow within the company, but the size of the Charlotte location creates growth limitations. If you are looking to grow and stay put in Charlotte you may encounter a challenge here. Upper Management was aware Spa desk staff should make commissions or have more opportunity to increase earning potential, but never delivered on this. Pay is low for what is expected of this position. I no longer work there, but understand this still has not changed. If you are applying for this position the hourly pay "is it"....Concierge does not equal "Tips" as in most arenas. Guests rarely recognize the staff in this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the reviews on Glassdoor and open your minds to retail commissions for Spa desk agents. They are the people that sell retail and have the best opportunity to increase sales.

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!