Ritz-Carlton Reviews

367 reviews filtered by
3.9
Ritz-Carlton President and COO Hervé Humler
Hervé Humler

Pros
  • Great people really encompass the values they preach (in 16 reviews)

• Pay was very reasonable to what was expected, great benefits (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work/Life balance; I am forced to work 10 hr days thursday-Sunday (in 21 reviews)

• LONG HOURS but always willing to work with your schedule if you are understanding (in 22 reviews)

1. Good Company. Great employee benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid time off, Holiday pay. Convenient online employee resources to monitor pay, time off requests, benefits packages, 401K status, and e-learning programs. Easy to apply for an internal position anywhere in Marriott or Ritz-Carlton around the world.

Cons

The main con is that business is open 24/7 so don't expect holidays off or a regular schedule. Immediate management is lacking due to the amount of corporate involvement in operations.

2. Greatness is possible

Former Employee - Senior Officer
    Former Employee - Senior Officer

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

Great company, from benefits that are some of the best in the industry, to one of the highest paid , high standards are the goal and are written in cobalt blue and white and must be carried at all times in form of a card.

Cons

Lacks training and consistency. Even though it strives for greatness it often finds itself falling short. No, it's not always the employees fault but lack of support from management. The guest is always right, but, as had as we strive to not make the guest that we do not care or are unsympathetic towards them we too as management should work as hard to not have our employees feel the same way. We should state to the gust what this employee has stated to you is correct but I as management will make an exception for you, but please be magnanimous towards him/her. Thus appeasing both guest and employees. It can be done.

Needs someone that training is their forté and who understands the nuance of which our high end guests are accustomed too.

3. Awesome staff, management is great too!

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

Great pay, great training, reliable, connections

Cons

Horrible hours, long days, stuck up guests

5. The BEST in the Industry...

I have been working at Ritz-Carlton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employee Oriented
    Luxury Guest Experience Focus

Cons

Part of a huge organization

6. Good.

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

Great to WO for yhRK

Cons

slow at times less shifts

7. Great employees but lack of direction with management

Former Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Server in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ritz-Carlton part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people working there, decent compensation, great benefits, great location

Cons

management changes often and doesn't stay longer than a year, new management doesn't value long-timers, not open to new ideas/changes from staff

Retaining great long-time employees by helping them grow with the company would be great. The constant changing of management with new ideas and visions that never come to fruition creates negative views of new managers. HR is never helpful. Changes in that department might improve conditions overall.

8. Best company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Director of Purchasing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director of Purchasing in New York, NY

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

The facilities, equipment and processes are top notch for getting the job done. If you do your job well, there are opportunities for growth.

Cons

Work performance expectations are high, manager work days are long, lot's of meetings. Management compensation packages are low.

They should have better compensation packages for managers.

9. Great overall experience, however I would not make a career out of it.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ritz-Carlton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Ritz-Carlton is known for luxury and quality and it is rewarding to be part of creating that legacy for your guests to enjoy.

Cons

Perhaps the largest disappointment was the pay was flat for all hourly workers. What I mean by this is every position has a flat pay and regardless if you just started yesterday or if you've been doing this position for 20 years - you are making the same, exact amount. There are no merit raises - the only raises were cost of living raises so if there was a cost of living raise then everyone who did your same position would also be raised to that new level.

Employees should have annual reviews and merit raises based on those reviews. Also, be consistent with the policies you enact and support your staff accordingly.

10. I had an amazing experience working for the Ritz Carlton, loved interacting with guests and coworkers.

I worked at Ritz-Carlton

Pros

The best reasons to work at this company, they are flexible, they allow you to fix guests problems instead of calling a manager, benefits of learning techniques is always topnotch, and you are allowed to express your ideas.

Cons

One challenge while working at this company was that it can be very difficult to move up, and you may never have a "rough day", giving your best service is always number one.

I love all of the company values of the Ritz Carlton, but it can be very difficult to relate to some of the employees/ coworkers.

11. Good place

Former Employee - Concierge in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Concierge in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ritz-Carlton full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Professional atmosphere and nice managers

Cons

Hard work and busy hours

Keep up the good work you're doing well