Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com

Riverbed Technology Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here"(in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving(in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years(in 20 reviews)

Best Company I have worked for

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat Technology that provides a "true" ROI for customers. I have never sold a technology that actually allows customers to "save" money vs. costing money to install in the network.

ConsVery fast paced company, lots going on, and at the current growth of the company, challenging to keep running at this pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide a great place to work and technology to sell, but don't allow the work/life balance to get out of "whack:"

Riverbed - a company with little bureuacracy and a respect for talented employees

Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsI work at the Champaign, IL site, where we focus on QA. Riverbed has good benefits and sets a very high bar for employee hiring, and provides great benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/ESPP) and a work environment with nice perks and a flexible management style, which definitely helps to ensure that we have a talented engineering pool.

ConsYour individual contribution is expected to be high, and since we have a very high bar for engineers, some positions can often remain unfilled.

Advice to Senior ManagementStronger marketing of the Steelhead product would be advisable. If I had known about and been able to see what the Steelhead can do for WAN optimization while I was a network engineer, I would have pushed my former company to buy it - but I had not heard of it!

One Amazing Place To Work!!!!!

Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere.
    Wonderful resources
    Handy location
    Excellent leadership
    Staff are cared for and well respected
    Great opportunties within the company
    Riverbed does nice things for employees like family fun days and halloween party.
    Riverbed looks for new ways to always reward staff.

ConsI have worked for both small and large businesses and not one company has totally looked after me and made me feel like a valued staff member like the way Riverbed does. I look forward to going to work every day and enjoy every moment i am at work. I could not fault Riverbed at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep doing what you are doing, you have made one amazing company and I am honored to be part of Riverbed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're looking for a company where you can make a difference, this is the one.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsEvery day brings another exciting technical challenge. Management offers a multitude of opportunities for growth. Upper management is accessible to the common man and actually responds to feedback. The work environment is comfortable and the culture encourages a healthy balance between work and personal life.

ConsThere are no downsides to working here.

Best company I've ever worked for.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsGreat people, great products, great culture, great company!

ConsStock price could be higher.

It has been a Great experience thus far...

Pros-If you excel, you get recognized.
    -The company likes to promote from within.
    -you get to work with a wide range of knowledgeable individuals
    -the company promotes work/life balance.
    -They are willing to train you.

Cons-Pay could be a bit better
    -bonuses could be a bit better.

Advice to Senior Managementget more competitive with the pay... I would say we lose people to other companies because of pay differences.

Its an amazing company to work for.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros1. Flat management structure (though its changing fast to have more and sometimes not needed hierarchy)
    2. Flexible and very open work culture.

ConsSalary structure highly depends upon your joining compensation and market. Lot of varations even in graduate packages.
    Benifits are missing in areas such as: gymnasium, phone line discounts etc.

Really talented people who are excited about what they do.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people I work with are some of the smartest I've ever seen. The work schedule is pretty flexible.
    Lots of perks and extras. The company really takes care of their people.

ConsLots of company processes, procedures, systems, etc to learn can be difficult.
    Commute is really hard on me.
    Lots of different products to be familiar with.

Exciting, high growing company....with growing pains.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsLots of bright co-workers from a variety of backgrounds.
    Lots of exciting technology challenges.
    Good benefits.

ConsThe company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving.
    Communication breakdowns on many levels are causing quality issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of communication across Support, QA, Engineering, and PM diminishes a strong product vision for everyone. Release smaller and sooner. Foster better horizontal communication. Automate and reduce waste.

work with smart people in an collaborative environment in a growing company!

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsAs shown by successful acquisitions in past years, the management is forward looking. The company is evolving and growing with a cohesive story while capturing market opportunities. Working with a bunch of smart people in an open and collaborative environment is thoroughly challenging, stimulating and enjoyable.

Conshard to keep up hiring with growth - workload can be heavy at times

Advice to Senior Managementtwiki is great but doc database needs better cataloguing and search results as it continues to grow

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!