Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com

Riverbed Technology Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here"(in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving(in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years(in 20 reviews)

The best place I've ever worked

Human Resources Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat technology, great people, close to BART.

ConsI really can't think of anything bad, good pay, good food, and lot of challenging work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great atmosphere, talented colleagues, everyone equally motivated to make the company scale greater heights

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsFlat organizational structure that allows a lot of interaction with higher-ups, more visibility into company direction. Very talented workforce that are all motivated to make the company/product better. Inspiring as well as challenging atmosphere to work in. Engineers get a chance to interact with customers/end users, which is rare for an enterprise product. No red tape (afa i've experienced).

ConsIt's common for teams to be split across the different offices, which can be hard to get used to. Open cubicle work spaces which aren't preferred by some people.

A Fun, Collaborative Work Environment

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood co-workers, willing to help each other out, strong products, excellent work/life ratio.

ConsWork load can be heavy as we gain more customers

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Passion for technology

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThe folks that work in engineering are AMAZINGLY talented. Very bright, easy to work with and I have never had any issues working with them due to personality, language barriers, etc. My previous experience has been quite a doozy and Riverbed is a refreshing change. Our team is treated very similar to a start up, so we work at a very quick pace and sometimes the deadlines are daunting, yet I've seen growth in my knowledge and understanding of systems as a whole. In general, this place is EXCELLENT and I would recommend it to any of my friends/colleagues that are looking for a change.

ConsWell.. It's treated like a start up, so it's a lot of work. But, you get compensated fairly and also have *some* breathing room, so that's nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing. It's working.. :)

Very Satisfied

Software Engineer Test (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros-- cutting edge technology
    -- friendly and open atmosphere
    -- opportunities to learn
    -- freedom to experiment

ConsNothing much to say on this

A QA engineer's point of view

Senior Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsManagement still has their hands in the product code. They KNOW the product.
    Also, management has been very agressive with new product development.
    Developer / QA ratio is quite good.

ConsWe have corral seating. This is the most dense environment I have worked in.

Less than 6 months in - no regrets!

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat culture, growing fast, no debt. Everyone is willing to step up and help.

ConsAdjustment working from home in a city where there is no local office (have worked from home before, but always had the option to go in). All employees are treated like insiders for stock selling/buying purposes.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be too quick to add a bunch of management layers.

One of the most fast paced, intense, and highly rewarding places I've ever worked for

Finance (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat work culture, great stock options, very fair compensation, generous work perks. Outside work functions are unmatched to any company I have worked for. Benefits are also top notch.

ConsLong hours, small departments, and short staffing sometimes lead to heavy work loads. Also working from home is not encouraged which could help with individuals commuting from long distances.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore job reqs to help out with teams that are short staffed. Also encourage more work from home perks for those commuting from long distances.

Great decision to join the Riverbed team!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company has a fantastic reputation in the market for the technology and consistently does what is right for their customers.

ConsThe only negative I can think of from my experience relates to being a remote / work from home employee. My on-boarding process was a bit of a "learn as you go" scenario. I believe that was due to a couple factors: 1- need to get up and running quickly with a new business unit, 2- our business unit is still finding its way.

Riverbed Technology is an innovative company, has great benefits and a wonderful culture.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Foothill Ranch, CA

ProsThe people make all the difference in the world. People want to work with people they can trust, admire and respect.

ConsIf you're a remote employee, you tend to feel a bit disconnected. The sales claw back is the biggest deincentive to the sales force.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be skip level meetings to understand empoloyee satisfaction."

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!