Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com

Riverbed Technology Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here" (in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving (in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood atmosphere, great pay
    Relaxed environment and fun place to work
    Great people

ConsThe technology that sometimes was used could be considered kind of old, but other than that it was awsome

Workplace Reveiw

ESE (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsRiverbed is a fantastic company to be a part of on a daily basis! the opportunity to be part of what still feels like a small start up but being the leader int he market is outstanding.

ConsAll companies face growing pains. We have just retooled our approach over the last 6 months and now we are finally seeing results.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack down off of your policies a bit. Too much change too fast has had an effect on moral.

Awesome place to work !

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat people and relaxed culture

ConsDevelopment is slowing down and quite a bit of work now is drudgery.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a ear to what developers are feeling about work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great promise

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRiverbed has a variety of useful products, does a great job with support, and does a good job of providing access to training.

ConsCompensation levels are too low, which causes the best workers to jump to better opportunities. Growing pains related to size and communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more frequently and in greater depth.

An innovative company building best-of-breed solutions to challenging network and application performance problems.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsRiverbed is an evolving company that is constantly looking for new and innovative solutions to emerging network and application performance problems. Individuals are given opportunity to meet these needs and experience personal and professional growth.

ConsThroughout Riverbed's history we've grown very rapidly which can result in continual growing pains as we try to adapt our processes to support a larger organization while still maintaining our culture of innovation, collaboration, and rapid movement.

I have enjoyed working with top flight talent for a company that has a great reputation

Director of Channel Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat technology, people, and local reputation

ConsIncreasingly large size brings with it a sometimes uneasy mix of the 'new' with the 'old' that is resistant to change

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep offering competitive pay to retain top talent

Riverbed empowers employees to make a difference and to create best in class processess.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsRiverbed values my opinions and expertise and provides me a flexible work environment.

ConsWhen the headquarters moves, it will be further away from my commute options and will increase time spent communting by 4 hours per month.

Good workplace environment despite growing pains

ProsDirect management is supportive, focus and direction are mostly aligned with company goals

ConsGrowing pains of being multi-product company are having a toll on product management focus and senior lead strategy direction. Need cohesive sales and partner alignment against revised product strategy otherwise will not be able to sell balanced portfolio to market.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and be more open and communicate ongoing changes/information with employees, lots of "behind closed doors" information which gets disseminated via hearsay (which suggests management isn't being totally forthcoming which could lead to doubt/insecurity/mistrust).

Great place to work

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsI enjoy working here - culture is great, the people are great, and the benefits are great. The work I do is for the most part interesting and it's exciting to see people investing to continually improve the product and process.

ConsSome growing pains as we move integrate with our recent acquisition and attempt to market multiple products.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a strong assumption that we don't need to be in any meetings unless proven otherwise.

Let's focus on improving the quality of existing features - that'll make developing new ones later a much faster and smoother process.

Long Term growth and experience

Legal (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExperience provided, the culture of the organization and the peer interaction keep the job an interesting growth experience in a supportive culture.

ConsCompensation trails other similar companies. Big sales kickoffs but the rewards are not shared with the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on integration and developing what we have.

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!