Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com

Riverbed Technology Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here"(in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving(in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years(in 20 reviews)

Great promise

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsRiverbed has a variety of useful products, does a great job with support, and does a good job of providing access to training.

ConsCompensation levels are too low, which causes the best workers to jump to better opportunities. Growing pains related to size and communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more frequently and in greater depth.

Workplace Reveiw

ESE (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsRiverbed is a fantastic company to be a part of on a daily basis! the opportunity to be part of what still feels like a small start up but being the leader int he market is outstanding.

ConsAll companies face growing pains. We have just retooled our approach over the last 6 months and now we are finally seeing results.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack down off of your policies a bit. Too much change too fast has had an effect on moral.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood atmosphere, great pay
    Relaxed environment and fun place to work
    Great people

ConsThe technology that sometimes was used could be considered kind of old, but other than that it was awsome

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An innovative company building best-of-breed solutions to challenging network and application performance problems.

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsRiverbed is an evolving company that is constantly looking for new and innovative solutions to emerging network and application performance problems. Individuals are given opportunity to meet these needs and experience personal and professional growth.

ConsThroughout Riverbed's history we've grown very rapidly which can result in continual growing pains as we try to adapt our processes to support a larger organization while still maintaining our culture of innovation, collaboration, and rapid movement.

I have enjoyed working with top flight talent for a company that has a great reputation

Director of Channel Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat technology, people, and local reputation

ConsIncreasingly large size brings with it a sometimes uneasy mix of the 'new' with the 'old' that is resistant to change

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep offering competitive pay to retain top talent

Awesome place to work !

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat people and relaxed culture

ConsDevelopment is slowing down and quite a bit of work now is drudgery.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a ear to what developers are feeling about work

Riverbed empowers employees to make a difference and to create best in class processess.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsRiverbed values my opinions and expertise and provides me a flexible work environment.

ConsWhen the headquarters moves, it will be further away from my commute options and will increase time spent communting by 4 hours per month.

I have had a very good experience working here at Riverbed

Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsCompensation and work/life balance. Management is easy to talk to and very open.

ConsNeed better training materials for new products and better access to current training materials

overall a good place, but its changing its culture and ways

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat benefits, great people, location

Conscompany getting very political and hiring some B grade players

Advice to Senior Managementwe need to bring back the excitement that we used to have around here. we need to make the hard decisions vs being to nice to other execs to protect their feelings.

Good place for a sales guy, but not for a creative engineer.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsGreat healthcare benefits, free snacks, relative independence (depending on who your manager is).

ConsTotal lack of contact between higher management and engineering. Engineers have no say in anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with engineering (at least say hi in the elevator and pretend you care).

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!