Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com

Riverbed Technology Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
4.5

Riverbed Technology Chairman, President, and CEO Jerry M. Kennelly
Jerry M. Kennelly

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here" (in 45 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving (in 12 reviews)

• Growing pains associated with transforming sales team to a multi-product solution sales team (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

If you're looking for a company where you can make a difference, this is the one.

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Every day brings another exciting technical challenge. Management offers a multitude of opportunities for growth. Upper management is accessible to the common man and actually responds to feedback. The work environment is comfortable and the culture encourages a healthy balance between work and personal life.

Cons

There are no downsides to working here.

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, great products, great culture, great company!

Cons

Stock price could be higher.

work with smart people in an collaborative environment in a growing company!

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As shown by successful acquisitions in past years, the management is forward looking. The company is evolving and growing with a cohesive story while capturing market opportunities. Working with a bunch of smart people in an open and collaborative environment is thoroughly challenging, stimulating and enjoyable.

Cons

hard to keep up hiring with growth - workload can be heavy at times

twiki is great but doc database needs better cataloguing and search results as it continues to grow

The best overall corporate environment I've ever worked in

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Top flight benefits
    Co-workers who are highly professional, very competent, and fun to work with
    Management is focused, consistent, and gets the most out of employees

Cons

Company is growing so fast that middle-management changes often.

Introduction of peer-reviews as part of the review process

Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Web Systems Architect in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Web Systems Architect in Portland, OR

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The WAN optimization technologies that Riverbed creates facilitates collaboration and maximizes employee productivity across worldwide locations. As a remote employee over the last 4 years, I've found the products have accelerated my efficiency, allowing me to do my job both effectively but quickly. In sum, the company enables individuals to grow both personally and professionally within a very modern/progressive corporate infrastructure - and provides tools to encourage success. This is the type of company I want to be associated with.

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

Keep up the good work

2013 Top Work Places

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed allows me to operate like an independent contractor in that I keep my own hours, manage my schedules so long as I meet the customer's requirements and perform at a high technical level. They stand behind my decisions and we collaborate internally very well. Medical coverage is over the top. Pay is GREAT! Incentives are always there to earn more.

Cons

I don't really have any. The products are second to none and have a great ROI. Management is very proactive and provides the tools I need to conduct my work. They check in routinely to ensure I am not being over worked and are interested in my wellbeing.

You Guys ROCK!

Great people + fun environment + high growth = pleasant work experience

Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Riverbed is not political at all. The environment is very open and collaborative. The ESPP plan has a generous lock period. The game room and kitchens at HQ allow for down time. There are many smart and motivated employees to here. There is a lot of upside potential with stock options. I appreciate the financial stability of Riverbed in these uncertain economic times.

Cons

Stock options are not as generous at lower levels of management. If more of the repurchased shares could be allocated to non-executives that would be a great motivator.

Provide a larger number of RSU's for the lower-to-mid level employees.

Great company, great technology

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

very employee friendly, lots of smart people, great HQ location. products are market leading, and the company is focused on maintaining that lead with constant innovation

Cons

compensation seems to be a bit top-heavy. the company is also getting big enough where politics start creeping in.

Great Technology Great People Great Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Riverbed is great because it's really conveniently located in downtown SF rather than a business park in a far off land. It's great to be at a company with a very focused sense of direction which is helping the company continue to be successful. Riverbed takes care of their employees and has an open culture to encourage collaboration and communication where any employee can approach any executive at any point without feeling out of place. Our CEO sits in a cubicle just like the rest of us. That's pretty cool for a global company of more than 1800 employees! And who can beat Holiday parties at City Hall!!!

Cons

Some teams are recognized more than others, which has more to do with specific managers. But that's really a minor point. The overall management is terrific and really cares about your health and well being.

6 month employee

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Riverbed Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interesting work, talented team, good benefits, reasonable management, appropriately aggressive and accessible.

Cons

I actually have no complaints so far. Riverbed is a relatively young company, a pioneer in a nascent industry (WAN optimization) which makes it subject to the winds of technological change. So far the management has kept its sails positioned well, but by its nature there is risk. Still, a good place to be for the adventurous.

Guard the great culture that you have established.

Riverbed Technology Photos