Riverbed Technology

www.riverbed.com

Riverbed Technology Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2013's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Having worked at some other places I find a great work life balance here" (in 38 reviews)

• Great people, although that can vary widely depending on the group you're in (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing faster than its engineering process is evolving (in 12 reviews)

• Still suffering from some growing pains from quickly expanding the workforce over the past 4 years (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

The best place I've ever worked

Human Resources Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat technology, great people, close to BART.

ConsI really can't think of anything bad, good pay, good food, and lot of challenging work

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

What a fantastic place to work

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Champaign, IL

ProsI love the honesty, professionalism and competence of everyone that I work with. The company size is great, opportunity for personal development significant and the management knows how to grow the company without compromise. I have recommended this company to friends, and will continue to do so.

ConsI'd like the stock price to be higher, but who wouldn't? Seriously, there's very little that I'd want to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Ignore the analysts.

Excellent place to learn and have fun at the same time

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsExciting products and Technology, Fun place, Compensation, Team and management is open to ideas and suggestions

ConsDid not come across any till now

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked for

Human Resources Member (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsRiverbed provides a collegial, open, collaborative, upbeat, balanced atmosphere.

ConsRiverbed is growing so fast, it's hard to keep up some times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis management team has worked together for years. They know how to get things done as a team. The rest of the company works well together because of the tight relationships at the executive level. Keep up the good work.

Riverbed is the company that does things the right way

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat engineering talent; Best chance for a young engineer to develop in a stable company and yet contribute significantly to some amazing technology; Management has the right attitude to solve problems without taking shortcuts; Its a very supportive (read - "not" cut-throat) work environment which fosters personal development and learning; Career growth is almost completely (as far as realistic) determined by self-motivation; Extremely flexible and friendly work schedule - you can truly work from home or remote locations when you have/need to without worry of judgement

ConsGrowing pains as the company scales; Inability to stave off fancier suitors like Google/Facebook/HotStartups coz Riverbed doesn't exude the same oomph

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation;

A great work environment, open communication and collaboration.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat work environment, open communication, collaboration environment, clear view of the future, good career opportunities and trust.

ConsAs the company is growing fast, sometimes better direction decisions could have been done if more involvement and inputs from employees were encouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing and increase employees participation on the company's decisions and its future.

Amazing people, okay pay, great location

Recruiting (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are absolutely amazing which makes it a great place to work. Pay is definitely not the most competitive in the area but if you like being in downtown SF this is the best established and still growing tech company around. The executive management team is super transparent which truly makes you feel that the work you are doing has an impact.

ConsPay could definitely be more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a more flexible attitude about working remotely and paying more competitively will definitely raise the bar for recruiting and keeping talent in an ultra competitive market.

Brief but Wonderful

Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat employees, cooperative atmosphere, great facilities (about to be even better with a new building), incredible benefits to employees of every level

ConsIt was only an internship. I wish I could have been there longer and so did my bosses.

Just "ok"

Recruiter (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat technology, smart employees, better than great engineering team, excellent tech support team, and good health benefits (if important).

Conspoor compensation, poor career path opportunities or promotion opportunities. If one is performing well in their current position they will keep them there and hire from the outside. Tend to hire from outside vs promote from within.

A Fun, Collaborative Work Environment

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood co-workers, willing to help each other out, strong products, excellent work/life ratio.

ConsWork load can be heavy as we gain more customers

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!