Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania)

www.theriverscasino.com

Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) – Pittsburgh – “Rivers Casino”

Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) – Pittsburgh – “Rivers Casino”

Greg Carlin

Inflexible, long hours, little room for growth.

Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood pay for the area and consistent training opportunities.

ConsYou will never see a weekend off and if you are second late, even if there is an act of god, your job is on the line.

River's not what you would expect behind the doors.....

Dealer (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe customers and fellow co-workers are what make the job a joy. Really enjoy seeing my fellow co-workers and familiar faces everyday. That is what keeps me coming back everyday, I have made some wonderful friends.

ConsIf your not able to go to swing shift here you will never be able to get full time. This is very sad, I have been here since the doors opened and I can't take the promotion due to my life. I believe I have earned it many times, but unable because I can't work a different shift :)
    Pay is terrible as well the dealers make peanuts considering what we bring in for this company $4.50 an hour is just an insult if you ask me.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone has a different situation I think your employees who work hard and keep the doors open and provide excellent service to our guests should be rewarded. We all have unique situations help some of us out who have daily struggles....sometimes a few exceptions should be make. We are dedicated and very hard workers remember that.

My experience was good, I just became tired of the casino life.

Cashier (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsA lot of PTO, sick days, good health benefits. Good supervisors.

ConsWorking holidays gets old rather quickly. Often times customers are not friendly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You would think a casino would be a fun place to work but I regret making the decision to ever become employed there

Players Club Representative (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTeam Dining Room, Bonus Pay, Great co-workers for the most part

ConsPTO, Flexibility, guest are very rude, poor management, point system sucks-you can't be late whatsoever, no loyalty to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very unprofessional you would think this casino was ran by a bunch of amateurs

Don't apply

Cage Cashier (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe pay is excellent and there are wonderful people you get to work with. They have bonuses and hand out turkey and ham for the holidays.

ConsThe work can be very demanding but that is not the problem. The company treats its workers less like employees and more like cattle. You are pretty much told from day one that you are expendable. Not to mention the high turnover rate. If they find anything you did even a simple mistake you can and will be fired. I had a friend who got fired because she accidentally added something to somebody's order. Also if HR is told you said something you're gone and never coming back whether you did it or not. I was there for years and one day somebody told HR i said something the next thing I knew I was escorted out of the building. I tried for months to dispute it after so long they stopped even answering the phone when my number came up.

Advice to Senior ManagementProtect the workers

Horrible Work/Life Balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe money is good and the PTO is good if you are lucky to get your request granted. You do no physical labor and get paid to do third grade math.

ConsIn any casino, be prepared to work every holiday. Be prepared to work horrible hours and have no work/life balance. Be prepared to have smoke blown in your face and see the worst side of people losing money and getting drunk.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe abuse on staff from customers should not be tolerated period.

It is a good starter

ProsThey hire every week. For many different position once inside the casino there is opportunities to move around.

ConsOnce you get full time it hard to move around

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to work on time and have a great attitude.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good for money, not for much else.

Dealer (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe pay is good in a market like Pittsburgh for relatively easy numbers work.

ConsDifficult staff, angry customers, long hours and no flexibility. The staff had no concern with gambling addicts or how the customers treated their dealers.

The left hand doesn't communicate with the right.

Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsSome fantastic people work there. There are a lot of talented folks who are very passionate about what they do!

ConsNo one seems to know what's going on - ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to LISTEN to your employees. They're the ones that interact day-to-day with the players. Also, TAKE VERY SERIOUSLY any problems that are brought to your attention from your staff. People don't normally bring to light a problem that is not important.

Good stepping stone

Surveillance (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGood people, Friendly environment, Good learning experience

Consunderpaid, Over utilized, at times unprofessional situations. Like a second high school.

Worked for Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania)? Contribute to the Community!