Riverside Community Care

3.8

Scott M. Bock

CSC review

I have been working at Riverside Community Care

Pros

Solid company structure and administration.

Cons

Low wages similar to any healthcare position.

Great place to work

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment. People are great and it is satisfying work. You know that you are making a difference.

Cons

Low wages. Just when you think you've caught up with work, there is more

None. Keep up the good work.

Unforgettable

I have been working at Riverside Community Care

Pros

Great leadership and amazing clients.

Cons

The same kind of issues that come with any human services field.

Listen to your employers the same way you do now.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Riverside is a stand up organization.

Current Employee - Community Support Counselor  in  Hopedale, MA
    Current Employee - Community Support Counselor in Hopedale, MA

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement, in my opinion. Amazing trainings. A knowledgeable and supportive management team. Flexibility in schedule. Opportunity to work with a population who is very deserving of support. Rewarding positions.

Cons

Hourly rate is not great, but that reflects the priorities of our society, not the generosity of the company. I've read a lot of these reviews of the salaries offered by Riverside. I have to say that I very much disagree with the ones alleging that Riverside pays less than comparable non-profits. I've worked for a few different agencies and Riverside offers better benefits packages and a higher hourly rate. There are also a lot of opportunities for overtime, but few people capitalize on this. Working in this field at a counselor level in general is difficult if you don't have more than one job to support you, but this is by no means a reflection on Riverside. Scott Bock and the Riverside Team are constantly advocating for higher rates and are trying their best to have the funds released to the workers who need it most. Working at a counselor level and receiving a counselor rate is not a long term plan in terms of supporting yourself, but is an amazing opportunity to expose yourself to the field and to work with some truly awesome people.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my managers & directors over the years I've worked here. I've been very lucky. I guess the only advice I could dispense is never underestimate the value of a simple 'Thank You' to your staff. It goes a long way and has been one of the reasons I have stayed with the company this long. I've been fortunate enough to have worked with a management team who understands the value of this. Just a random thought- it would be nice to see some expansion in the Western Mass area of the state!

It is a great organization!

Current Employee - Administration  in  Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Administration in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are great to work with from top to bottom.

Cons

Salaries are not that great!

If you want to hold on to good employees, you need to increase their salaries!

overworked, underpaid, burned out, not respected, dismissed, abandoned

Current Employee - Desktop Support  in  Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

several great co-workers I'll miss, but when I left, none of em kept in touch

Cons

my personal effects, some were shipped to me, the rest they "claimed was company property"
    so in effect, the company stole from me

7 years I spent with riverside, now I am bitter at the friends I lost, my stolen property cause I was escorted out without being allowed to collect my things. for a mental health organization, they sure don't give a dang about the mental health of their employees

Director of Recruitment

Current Employee - Director of Recruitment  in  Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Recruitment in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great organization with the primary focus is helping people!

Cons

Work can be challenging for employees in the field.

continue to promote from within.

Good Employer... but feel left out

Current Employee - Service Coordinator  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Service Coordinator in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Riverside Community Care

Pros

Opportunities within agency to grow...

Cons

Dont have much offices in boston area

Meh

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dedham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

I worked at Riverside Community Care

Pros

Overall, lots of people that truly care and want to do good work. Generally, from staff to management people's hearts are in the right place.

Cons

Completely oblivious to realities. Salaries are low, if not insultingly low. HR makes ridiculous claims about them offering benefits that make up for the salary being below even most non-profit's status that are just patently false (while 5 dollar movie tickets are nice, its not making up the missing thousands of dollars from my salary or providing decent and inexpensive health insurance)

Get into the real world and accept that as long as you under pay your employees and allow them to be treated poorly by midlevel managers that turnover is going to be constant and dissatisfaction (not with the work people do, but with the company as a whole) will be high. People eventually realize they can find the same job else wear at a better wage.

The In-Home Family Therapy Program's Therapeutic Mentor/Outreach Specialist position is overall fun and rewarding

Current Employee - Therapeutic Mentor and Outreach Specialist
    Current Employee - Therapeutic Mentor and Outreach Specialist

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time

Pros

kindhearted coworkers and supervisors, flexible hours, ability to do a decent amount of work from home or on the road, clients want and appreciate your help, you can really make a difference in people's lives, unlike many Bachelor's-level jobs in mental health you will likely feel like you have dignity and receive respect, if you are in an unsafe situation you can leave (unlike in residential programs or special ed. schools), you will never have to restrain anyone

Cons

little to no opportunity for advancement, limited tuition reimbursement (you may not care about that), lots of driving, no funds for activities or supplies for sessions so if you want to do anything with clients it comes out of your own pocket

I think you're doing a really good job

Worked for Riverside Community Care? Contribute to the Community!