Riverside Community Hospital

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overall an average experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI met and networked with some awesome people working here.

ConsDealing with my superior was, mostly, less than ideal (she seemed exasperated to even be listening to my questions and concerns, and took forever to submit any necessary paperwork I asked of her.)

No Work/Life Balance in Finance/Accounting

Accountant (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

Pros- Great Health Benefits: Free HMO Medical, Cheap Dental & Vision
    - Awesome Cafeteria. Great Food w/ constant new menu options. 30% employee discount
    - Free Parking and Nearby
    - Rare Concierge Service that will run errands for you while you work. Cheap Admission Tickets to movies, theme parks, etc.
    - Employees who have been there for many years have a great heart and are very descent people. They are usually kind,friendly and helpful. It's those brand new people in higher management that you have to be careful with.

Cons- No work life balance, worked almost all weekends and very late evenings. Very uncommon schedule for non-managerial accounting positions. No time for anything but work. Not a good office for people with family.
    - PTO includes holidays and sick time - this means you won't get paid for holidays until you have been there a few months and you probably won't want to take sick time because that will cut into your vacation time
    - Deceptive Job Posting. Beware of short job posting details, doesn't describe half the actual work or the workload. Won't find out until you're already working. Mine didn't mention payroll once, and I ended up being responsible for the review and accuracy of +1,900 employees' payroll.
    - Very cutthroat & High Turnover. Many senior management or tenured employees termed or demoted often, little notice. I printed termination checks everyday.
    - Budget cuts as bad as elsewhere. Bring your own coffee, water, cups, etc..or stop by cafeteria

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the budget for FTEs in Accounting/Finance. Hire people to do payroll. The Dallas service center is not enough.

good place to work

Engineering Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee)

Prosa lot experience I learned in medical facility

Conshiring people with out experience

Advice to Senior Managementsome people don't care, about hard working people

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst hospital for RNs

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsSadly The only good thing I've seen is that they have a lot of supplies

Cons1. No CNA to help RN's at night and short on days.
    2. RNs at night have to be the nurse, the aid, and the secretary
    3. Over-ratio every other day I worked there and employees are numb to it don't speak up to management.
    4. Charge RN doesn't even help to put your new admit in the computer or put your chart together, nobody wants to help and they give you attitude when you ask for help.
    5. Worst hospital for travelers, full time staff not friendly at all, so you are on your own.

I'm a new grad and this is my first job, overall I feel supported by my co-workers & union.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsIt's a good learning environment, good salary & benefits, best upon request and the RN union. I like working with my co-workers, we're like family. the work is hard but very satisfying. Computer charting needs to be less confusing, more organized. I'd like to spend more time with my patients than on the computer.

ConsParking! The parking structure really isn't very safe. I pay for parking @ the church and that doesn't seem fair to have to pay for parking to go to work and be safe.
    Security, isn't very helpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd like to see my Manager & Director show more empathy & compassion toward their staff. We work very hard and It would be nice to hear "thank you" or "good job" instead of pointing out "you forgot" or the threat of discipline.

Overall, a good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

Prospaid well, great benefits, good people

Conssome of the nurses were not very nice
    some of the surgeons were not very nice

Worked for Riverside Community Hospital? Contribute to the Community!