Riverside Financial Group

Vernon D. Smith
1 Rating

Community Oriented Bank

I worked at Riverside Financial Group

Pros

Take good care of employees.

Cons

Not much room for advancement since a small community bank.

When the going gets tough, the senior management gets going... to find a new job

I worked at Riverside Financial Group

Pros

Friendly atmosphere with mostly upbeat people and silly employee promotions and give aways.
    There aren't a whole heck of a lot of jobs in Fort Pierce, so why not this one.
    Quarterly bonuses were great... when we had some.
    You could do pretty much whatever you wanted since nobody was looking.

Cons

There is a ton of brown-nosing going on.
    You know the Peter Principle?
    "All new members in a hierarchical organization climb the hierarchy until they reach their level of maximum incompetence."

You can find this principle alive and well here.

What can I say that hasn't already been done. Most of the senior management that rode the real estate boom is now gone. Don't ever let the organization get so top heavy again. Keep getting rid of old blood and bring in fresh people.

Ways to improve profitability, productivity, customer satisfaction, and employee growth.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Deland, FL

I have been working at Riverside Financial Group

Pros

The benefits package is adequate. As a branch manager, I found the work interesting and challenging. One of the best parts of the job is to meet with customers and help them with putting them into the correct banking product. Because of the mortgage issues, I would not place customers in an ARM (Adjustable Rate Mortgage) unless they informed me that they were not going to stay in the home for at least five years. I still have customers who will stop me in the mall or a store and thank me for placing them in the appropriate fixed rate mortgage so they did not lose their home to foreclosure.

Cons

Promotions seemed to be based on who you know, rather than what you know. It was very demoralizing to see time and time again how the "brown nosers" were promoted into positions that they were not qualified for. The bank suffered, the employees under the inadequately prepared manager suffered, and ultimately, customers suffered because they were not given correct information or placed in the correct bank product.

Also, it was difficult to maintain customers because the bank would change the terms of their checking accounts and customers were unhappy with what they thought was the "bait and switch".

Listen to the employees working directly with customers in order to realize what is productive and what is frivolous.

Worked for Riverside Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!