Riverside Regional Medical Center

Add Photos

William B. Downey

To Each Their Own

Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsGreat company to work for. Good principles steady work competent staff.

ConsPay could be better, but unsure of the other medical groups in the area salary ranges. Private sector pay is better but that is to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they do a great job

Bad management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, clean facility, nice coworkers

Consmanagement, horrible nurse-patient ratio, overwork staff

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) Moreno Valley, CA

ProsMany years of great experience.

ConsBack stabbers and lazy employees disinterested in patient care- just a paycheck. To each his own within each department... where is the teamwork??? What is accountability?

Advice to Senior ManagementChange... for the better of the team and ultimately the patients... not just for one person, especially not just yourself.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just another employed physician

Physician (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsSteady Job
    Lots of patients
    Fair distribution of workload
    Good sub specialists
    Fair schedule

ConsNo advancement potential unless you are in the old boys club
    No control over group or contract-either my way or the highway
    Infrequent raises
    Terrible EMR
    No Free Lunch or Breakfast
    Long hours even after shift is over
    Poor office support
    Poor group leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employed physicians more.

Not what I was expecting.

ProsThe employees tend to talk about other employees behind their backs. The manager does not care personally for the employees and only thinks of them as a number.The pay is not that great either.

ConsManagement, rude co-workers, horrible pay

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as an actual human being.

Tired of feeling like a number. They take overworked and underpayed to a new level!!!!

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsMajority of staff in whole hospital nice. Some ICU and a lot of OR staff not so nice. Endoscopy staff is awesome!!! Really only pro to this hospital is putting on your résumé that you worked here because it is a trauma facility.....Whoopdie do!!!!

ConsThey say pay here is competitive.....WRONG!!! Mary Immaculate and Sentara Careplex pay 4-5 bucks more/hr. The call schedule is awful in the Endoscopy Dept and not everyone in dept takes call. Not fair!!! Why should FT staff get screwed while PT staff doesn't have to do it??

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with staff complaints, stand up for you staff with making sure everyone in department takes call, not just certain employees. FT employees shouldn't be overworked with taking call, PT employees should help with call as well.

It is a very rewarding experience being able to float between the different offices.

Office Associate- Float Pool (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsIt challenges me daily, due to each office performs the same functions differently. I am able to receive a taste of the different medical fields available on the chance a permanent position becomes available.

ConsI am not guaranteed 40 hrs a week and the travel can become tedious. I am uncomfortable not knowing the protocols for the office and fear of making mistakes causes me much turmoil.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are understanding and support the float staff. I am happy with their management.

Went from Good to Bad

Lpn (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsSome Very Nice People there.

ConsOverworked and Understaffed. Management Just cares about Making More Money. Doesn't care about employees. Denies Vacations and Benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut Patient Care Above Profits and don't Unfairly treat Employees.

A nice place to work

Physical Therapist (Former Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsFlexible hours and competitive pay

ConsEmployees are evaluated on productivity

Not what I thought it would be.

Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) Newport News, VA

ProsGood hospital to learn in. In general doctors & staff are pleasant to deal with.

ConsManagement does not care. Confidentiality is an issue. Lowest salaries in the area. Religions & races are not treated equally.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook after the employees that work hard for you. Don't allow favorites to be played.

Worked for Riverside Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!