Riverside USD

Be The First To
Add Photos

Substitue Experience

Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsMost of the office staff I deal with *middle and high schools) are on the ball and friendly. They are ready to handle discipline issues if they arise, and usually keep you prepared if any changes are in order.

ConsThere's not a lot of uniformity between the different schools. It makes interpreting the rules a little tricky at times.

I have had a great working experience as a Prime time tutor through RUSD.

Prime Time Tutor (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

Pros- $.50 raise every year working as a after school tutor
    - close to home
    - worked with awesome people
    - training every few months
    -rewarding work

Cons- you can only cap at a certain number
    - can not grow within the after school community
    - a lot is expected of you as a tutor, with minimal pay

Advice to Senior ManagementTutors need raises. They are required to manage a class of 30 plus students, as well as teach, tutor and manage the class.

it was wonderful experience but the area in that district is really bad to live in

Tutor (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

Prosthey are a very friendly place to work for all the teachers in the district are very intelligent and work really hard for their students.

Consits in a really bad location for working as a teacher and the parents can be a tad rude to the teachers but that can happen anywhere though

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is trying to do a good job of budgeting, but is increasingly encroaching on the teacher's ability to teach.

Teacher (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

Prosexcellent community support the district has done a pretty good job of trying to plan for and weather the present fiscal crisis.

ConsNot very many site managers filter or edit the district office directives and tailor those direcives to be more applicable at the site level. they simply step aside and pass it on through to the teachers

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the site managers authority to edit or tailor district office edicts so that those edicts may be more effectively carried out at the site level. the superintendent says that creativity or thinking out of the box is good but I don't see it translating to the classroom level.

Worked for Riverside USD? Contribute to the Community!