Riverview Hospital

Updated August 30, 2014
Updated August 30, 2014
3.3

Pat Fox

Riverview cares a lot about their employees as well as for their customers.

Current Employee - PRN in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - PRN in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Riverview Hospital part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many job opportunities.
    Offers classes to further education (lower level classes).
    Pays well.
    Workforce is friendly in all offices and hospitals.

Cons

Management is very business focused
    (which is understandable)

Incorporate the patients opinions and concerns more into day-to-day decisions.

Drama

I have been working at Riverview Hospital

Pros

The pay is nice. It's close to home.

Cons

Favoritism. Management tends to suck in some areas. Credit not given

Stick to what you say. Don't take advantage too far.

Former employee

Current Employee - Employee in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Employee in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Riverview Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and great first line manager.

Cons

First line manager was great - all others - sad. Upper managers constantly state they want input - but never do anything with the input. So the 'true' knowledgeable people just shut down - knowing upper mngt will do what they want.

Try listening and using your 'insider' resources.

Never the whole truth

I worked at Riverview Hospital

Pros

It is a nice place to work in general, and with new renovations is very beautiful and functional. The CEO is great, and very open to staff needs and communication.

Cons

So much gossip within the management staff about employees and situations. So many HIPPA violations from this--it's a poor example. Nursing is full of backbiting and stubborn managers and the director is abusive at times, but a blind eye is turned unless it's useful to management to be involved. I've seen several wonderful nurses leave because of the nursing management, which is a loss to the facility and to Noblesville.

Be honest with staff. Not telling the whole truth is the same as lying, and this promotes distrust.

Friendly enviroment

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Riverview Hospital full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home. can count on at least 40 hours per week to work.

Cons

Never know from day to day what hours you will work. Sometimes at the last miniute they change your schedual.

I like working here, but management is disrespectful towards their employees.

Current Employee - Envormental Services in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Envormental Services in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Riverview Hospital

Pros

The job itself is hard work. very challenging.most of the staff are nice . the Doctors , nurses.

Cons

The management. they lie to the staff a lot and they micro manage..I have lost my respect for them . I will do my job. talk to them when I need to .they have lied to me numerous times and other employees.they show a lot of favortisim.It seems like the ones that whine and dont do there jobs are the ones that get everything .. that is not far to the ones that work hard.. I had a good reputation at all my jobs have worked but this one has given nothing but negative.I always ask myself when does ever end..every time they talk.its a lie. the benefits used to be good . people are so disappointed.. I thinking about dropping mine and finding some on the outside..

You need to focus on the people .. not your selves. stop lying to the staff..focus on the ones that do work and get rid of the ones that dont..You have lost a lot of good workers because of this. that is why we are always short staffed.. leadership skills need to adjust..start showing more understanding towards our family events...and give us more then a pat on the back for doing a good job. I have done all I can to do .. I am still learning everyday(everyone does) so quit being negative and show us some more positive.

Great place to work

I have been working at Riverview Hospital

Pros

Friendly people, all there for each other. The staff and management are supportive of each other. There is honesty and caring for staff and patients. Quality of care is excellent also.

Cons

There's a lot of competition in the area from larger hospitals and it's difficult to compete on pay sometimes.

Good place to work

I have been working at Riverview Hospital

Pros

Family feeling, good quality of care, focus on quality, generous benefit package. Small size gives opportunity for cross training and skills development.

Cons

Many employees have worked there a long time, particularly in patient care areas. What this means is they have no idea of how things work other places. PTO was a huge issue, even though just about every other place has it., for example. Any change, minor or major, is a huge deal.

Recognize that turnover isn't always a bad thing. You are losing good, young people who are frustrated by the entrenched, non-changing old guard.

inexperienced, selfish company to work, The pay is not competitive, corporate has no respect for the employees. Numbers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

I have been working at Riverview Hospital

Pros

will work with you on days off. You get off at the same time each day.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. Corporate doesn't give us what we need. It is a selfish one sided company. They would prefer to patch things up than fix them.

Let each location manage itself. Stay out of local business. Hospitals belong to the neighborhood and not a big corporation.

satisfied

Current Employee - Nurse Tech in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Nurse Tech in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Riverview Hospital

Pros

they have some good nurses & respiratory & doctors. I wish housekeeping wouldn't keep moving the housekeepers around. There is a new person all the time&its hard to keep up with the name changes.The decor looks really good! The cafe is doing better but ther are no cakes or pies anymore. I love the volunteers, they help sooo much!

Cons

Some days we are short staff- mainly the techs!! Raises are cut alot the past few years & yes im happy to have a job but i have to eat too.

Ask your employees what needs to change & actually work on that solution.