Rivet Reviews

Karen Sauder

1. Great Learning Experience

Former Intern - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Account Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rivet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The Chicago office is smaller, which allowed me to work on multiple clients and gain exposure to a wide variety of projects. Every employee wanted the interns to learn and succeed. I was treated like a team member from the first day, given the responsibilities of a full-time employee. There was also a fantastic work/life balance.

Cons

Not many interns in the Chicago office.

2. A great Creative experience for many years at RIvet

Current Employee - Production Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Production Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Rivet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful group of talented people

Cons

Not enough push for New Business

Advice to Management

To continue more with New Business Development by hiring additional staff

3. Now Called Rivet

Former Employee - Junior Art Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Junior Art Director in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Open Bar, Crazy interior design, fun outings, good non management level people, close to the baseball stadium, there used to be a limosuine

Cons

The cons are long hours and late nights. But that is standard when pitching new business and clients in advertising and marketing agencies.

Advice to Management

Don't think I have any advice, the company lost clients and got bought. Switched to a new name all together.

5. Great environment, less than great management

Current Employee - Witheld in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Witheld in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Co-workers, environment and time off

Cons

Lack of leadership, low morale and company places little value on employees

Advice to Management

Address issues directly - don't hide problems. Compensate employees fairly for the work they do and hand out some recognition every once in a while if you aren't going to pay or give bonuses.

6. New York office closed in 2012

Former Employee - Graphic Designer/Production Artist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer/Production Artist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Rivet (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working there. The head of the company was an amazing guy. There was a great team of people there who all loved working together. When the company closed, I cried on my last day.

Cons

There were none. There really were none. A lot of late nights but I was compensated for them.

7. Good work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Rivet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good work environment in terms of most everyone I work with are cooperative and nice -Most of my co-workers are competent -Great learning experience and got exposed to many different types of projects, so from a career development perspective, it is excellent -I feel well respected and felt my opinions are valued -Everyday is different

Cons

-Low pay - have got received a raise or promotion for the 2 years I've been with the company, despite excellent performance reviews -Workload is unbalanced (too much work, not enough time) - it is not very common that I get to leave at 5 -Don't feel I I'm getting recognized for the work that I've done - some kind of public recognition for the work we have done is welcomed -Middle management needs more training - they are great people, but they don't know how to manage staff. They think sending emails following up on every single little thing (when I'm sitting 2 feet away) is supposed to be good way to manage people. Instead, it pisses us off, yes, not just me, but ALL OF US!

Advice to Management

Please provide better training to your middle managers and reward those who actual deserves some recognition.

RSS Feed </> Embed