Road Machinery

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Shinya Hisada

Good so far but like any company there are issues that need to be addressed

(Current Employee)

ProsMonday through Friday, 7:30am - 5pm, Weekends off, easy going most of the time, most co-workers are good people to work with, will spend to keep you happy, trying different equipment

ConsToo much miscommunication between departments in corporate, takes forever to get certain things done, the 10% of co-workers who are jerks and know it, charging customers for stuff like hats

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into why it takes so long to get something simple done, train corporate to communicate better amongst themselves, don't charge customers who spend 1000's of dollars for stuff like a 2 dollar hat

If you want a career, go somewhere else

Employee (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsIf you want to make money while looking for that next job, then this is the place for you.

ConsRoad Machinery is the place to go when you want to end a career. If you are starting a career or are midway through a career, this is not the place for you. No consistency in standards. Upper management makes the rules as they go along, and subsequently decides how rules will be enforced. Leadership in the corporate office is ineffective and lack any kind of integrity. There are some that have industry experience within upper management, but current President is a joke and is more worried about adding a line on his resume than providing meaningful guidance and direction for the company. The CFO is a joke. There is more back-slapping among executive committee members for being ineffective and making excuses for their very poor business decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery one of you should be fired by the current owner, and then they should sell the company to someone who actually cares about customer service and their employess. Road Machinery was once a great company when privately owned, that is no longer the case.

Wasted my time there.

Administrative Sales (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsIts a job in a rough economy

ConsA company riddled with double standards. Good employees leave in disgust. ivory tower upper management. Never any communication. Disipline is carried out depending who you are not the offense. No recognition on acheivements.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CFO needs to get a life. Treat you salesman with more respect. ITS A HARD MARKET OUT THERE. Good luck in the future you will need it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nightmare on East 22nd Street

Lead Man (Former Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsThe best reason is the Money. They have deep pockets when they want someone to go to work for them.
       Road has an excellent training program but it is not properly used.

ConsFor me, working for Road was a nightmare. I have over 30 years experience and all my past employers couldn't be wrong about me or my abilities.
       The training program is used as a dangling carrot. "I can't give you a raise until you take these tests. Doesn't matter if you pass them or not, just take them." When one does take the tests he is generally told that there is another reason why he can't have that raise. As a lead man I saw this many times.
       I should have "smelled a rat" when I was at a orientation meeting and the class was told that "H.R. and the Safety Dept. ran Road Machinery and if we crossed them they would bury us".
       This is the honest truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should try to learn to communicate with their employees and offer constructive criticism and not just a daily dressing down. Management should refrain from lying to their employees.
       Mr. Atsushi Tanimoto is not the C.E.O. at Road. If he knew what actually happens on a day by day basis, He would stop it.
       The C.E.O. at road Machinery is as ineffectual as any I've ever seen and should step aside.

Buyer Beware

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsLocation is close to downtown so it accomodates those who live all over the valley

ConsYou have to walk across 6 lanes of traffic to the location, parking is horrible and not safe, communication within upper management is poor, there is not strategic plan, no employee reviews, no merit increases, not communication as to how to preform better to benefit the company's bottom line, not audits, overworked employees, to many family member supervising family members to where there is favorites. HR is not independant.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to communicate, lead, organize and support. Learn how to run a business. Atsushi is just the Chairment not the President who is here to stay while as Artsushi is a rotational staff who has a job should Road Machinery fail.

Started of very positive and then declined

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you need a job, not a career

ConsPoor communication, compensation not based on the local market, advancement potential limited, employee recognition doesn't exist, inwardly focused, there are many good employees at the worker level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees and they will take care of the company. Many good employees have left due to lack of support, lack of future advancement, poor compensation, lack of respect.

If your unemployed then its a job, but do not quit a job to come here.

(Former Employee)

ProsIts a job, but most certainly not a career. Pay checks show up on time. Holiday pay, vacation pay, medical benefits.

ConsPoor communication from upper management. Its always someone elses job, hard to get anything accomplished. Simple tasks become extremely difficult, resulting in lost sales, and lost customers....and many lost good employees. Pay is below industry standard depending on your position. No performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck.

Worked for Road Machinery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Road Machinery reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Road Machinery CEO Shinya Hisada. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Road Machinery employees.