Roadrunner Transportation Systems

3.3

Roadrunner Transportation Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark A. DiBlasi
Mark A. DiBlasi

Great Growing Company

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company with a great deal of opportunity. A great deal of appreciation for professionalism and hard work. Challenging, but a great environment and I work with and report to good, honest people. I'm looking forward to being part of the future success of this company.

Cons

The rapid growth has created some challenges.
    Communication about the company as a whole could improve to encourage everyone to be part of the bigger picture.

fleet driver

Current Employee - Driver  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

opportunity to become owner operator, good miles available

Cons

must lease or work for an owner opersator

Growing company which has a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cudahy, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cudahy, WI

Pros

The company is growing and adding new positions. They like to promote people from within. It's a fast paced work environment and you will not find down time in any department. People are very friendly and has a good work culture. If you work hard, it will be noticed by the managers and it can lead to career advancement.

Cons

People are very busy with their jobs so there is not much opportunity to get to know people from other departments unless you work directly with them. There is not a cafeteria so the options for food is limited to vending machines or local fast food places.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brutally frustrating place to work

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems part-time

Pros

Job security. There's so much work to do and it's so difficult to train new people that they can't afford to get rid any of their current employees

Cons

You must be doing 5 thins at once at all times and there are no breaks besides lunch. You have to constantly be on the phones while juggling the "OS&D list" and emails all at the same time. I don't know how any sane person can do it day after day for an extended period of time. It will wear you down at the end of the day. All the managers care about is how many calls you can take even though you have to keep up with all your other daily tasks. You have to remember lots of information and there is hardley any training. They train you a little bit then just through you out there and complain because you don't know something even though they never showed you how in the firs place. Intensely, brutally, frustrating place to work.

Set up a formal training plan, hire more people, break down work into various departments so people aren't killing themselves with so much work they cant take breaks without falling behind

Review 1

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement at corporate

Cons

Lacks formalized training in the corporate office

None

very unorganized company. They do not follow labor laws for california.

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems part-time

Pros

its a job. most of us have been without work for 1 to3 years

Cons

bad managment low pay make us wait on our own time no pay while they figure out if there is work. we are not allowed to clock in and not allowed to leave. we are often sent to lunch after one hour of work only to be sent home when lunch is over

learn labor laws and how to treat people before you get more lawsuits

Good company

Current Employee - Team Owner/Operator  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Team Owner/Operator in Seattle, WA

Pros

As far as being an Owner/Operator for this company, it's a great place to work. You definitely have control of what you do and how much money you can make. This is the kind of company most Owner/Operators look for.

Cons

When working for an Owner/Operator for this company and they do not treat you right, don't look for this company to have your back. They stand behind the IC (independent contractor) only!

The IC's driver not only work for them, they work for YOU, too!

Very Dissatisfied with the way management treats their A/E's

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do pay on time.

Cons

Never feel secure in your position. You are always having to look over your shoulders in fear of losing your job.

No advice because they are the ones doing it.

Opportunities abound in one of the fastest growing transportation companies

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

- Opportunities for career growth
    - aggressive acquisition strategy
    - having a full line of transportation service at a competitive price
    - constantly looking to improve efficencies
    - Roadrunner is always looking for way to increase revenue
    - great culture

Cons

RRTS has a very aggressive acquisition strategy. With that comes the challenge of creating synergies quickly and efficiently. As well with such rapid growth (acquisitions, software implementations, hiring) their are natural growing pains. In time they will work out. At the end of the day this is a good problem to have.

Continue to pay for top level talent.

An incredible atmosphere centered around growth and new ideas

Current Employee - Corporate Employee  in  Cudahy, WI
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Cudahy, WI

I have been working at Roadrunner Transportation Systems full-time

Pros

There are opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a competitive benefits package. Roadrunner Transportation Systems has an incredibly flexible business model and the team work at the Corporate office is incredible.

Cons

The transportation industry can have it's ups and downs; it's an industry that can be very susceptible to economic swings. There are also a lot of unknown and uncontrollable variables in logistics and transportation, and I feel companies can be unfairly judged by customers or employees that have had bad experiences. I believe Roadrunner offers an incredible service and treats employees fairly, but should be asking more satisfied customers and employees to share their stories.

Continue to support employees and their growth within the company to keep top-talent in the field.

Worked for Roadrunner Transportation Systems? Contribute to the Community!