Roadrunner Transportation Systems

Add Photos

Roadrunner Transportation Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark A. DiBlasi

Mark A. DiBlasi

Great Growing Company

ProsGrowing company with a great deal of opportunity. A great deal of appreciation for professionalism and hard work. Challenging, but a great environment and I work with and report to good, honest people. I'm looking forward to being part of the future success of this company.

ConsThe rapid growth has created some challenges.
    Communication about the company as a whole could improve to encourage everyone to be part of the bigger picture.

Growing company which has a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Cudahy, WI

ProsThe company is growing and adding new positions. They like to promote people from within. It's a fast paced work environment and you will not find down time in any department. People are very friendly and has a good work culture. If you work hard, it will be noticed by the managers and it can lead to career advancement.

ConsPeople are very busy with their jobs so there is not much opportunity to get to know people from other departments unless you work directly with them. There is not a cafeteria so the options for food is limited to vending machines or local fast food places.

Review 1

ProsGreat opportunity for advancement at corporate

ConsLacks formalized training in the corporate office

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very unorganized company. They do not follow labor laws for california.

Prosits a job. most of us have been without work for 1 to3 years

Consbad managment low pay make us wait on our own time no pay while they figure out if there is work. we are not allowed to clock in and not allowed to leave. we are often sent to lunch after one hour of work only to be sent home when lunch is over

Advice to Senior Managementlearn labor laws and how to treat people before you get more lawsuits

Good company

Team Owner/Operator (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsAs far as being an Owner/Operator for this company, it's a great place to work. You definitely have control of what you do and how much money you can make. This is the kind of company most Owner/Operators look for.

ConsWhen working for an Owner/Operator for this company and they do not treat you right, don't look for this company to have your back. They stand behind the IC (independent contractor) only!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe IC's driver not only work for them, they work for YOU, too!

Very Dissatisfied with the way management treats their A/E's

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThey do pay on time.

ConsNever feel secure in your position. You are always having to look over your shoulders in fear of losing your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice because they are the ones doing it.

Opportunities abound in one of the fastest growing transportation companies

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Pros- Opportunities for career growth
    - aggressive acquisition strategy
    - having a full line of transportation service at a competitive price
    - constantly looking to improve efficencies
    - Roadrunner is always looking for way to increase revenue
    - great culture

ConsRRTS has a very aggressive acquisition strategy. With that comes the challenge of creating synergies quickly and efficiently. As well with such rapid growth (acquisitions, software implementations, hiring) their are natural growing pains. In time they will work out. At the end of the day this is a good problem to have.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to pay for top level talent.

An incredible atmosphere centered around growth and new ideas

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)
    Cudahy, WI

ProsThere are opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, and a competitive benefits package. Roadrunner Transportation Systems has an incredibly flexible business model and the team work at the Corporate office is incredible.

ConsThe transportation industry can have it's ups and downs; it's an industry that can be very susceptible to economic swings. There are also a lot of unknown and uncontrollable variables in logistics and transportation, and I feel companies can be unfairly judged by customers or employees that have had bad experiences. I believe Roadrunner offers an incredible service and treats employees fairly, but should be asking more satisfied customers and employees to share their stories.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support employees and their growth within the company to keep top-talent in the field.

Low pay - no appreciation

Supervision (Current Employee)
    Cudahy, WI

ProsCorporate office has good proximity to downtown and the freeway system. The work hours can be flexible, depending upon who your boss is and the department you work for.

ConsPlenty of money for promoting new directors and VPs, but nothing trickles down to the people who really keep the company afloat. HR here is a joke. The turnover rate is very high and they outsource jobs overseas and to cheaper companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your salary and compare yourself to other transportation companies now that you have gone public!

Treat you well, but laid off department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome flexibility, great benefits and decent pay

ConsThe department was laid off

Worked for Roadrunner Transportation Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Roadrunner Transportation Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Roadrunner Transportation Systems CEO Mark A. DiBlasi. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Roadrunner Transportation Systems employees.