Robbins-Gioia

www.robbinsgioia.com

Robbins-Gioia Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Brad King

Pros
  • Great benefits, good location, collegial work environment, opportunities to excel if you take advantage of them(in 3 reviews)

• Transforming a 30 year old firm is a big task, it(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no real talent among any of the owners or senior management cronies appointed by them(in 4 reviews)

• Company continues to lose valuable employees due to poor management(in 3 reviews)

Strong leadership - Great Direction

Pros- Management and coworkers are committed to excellence
    - Customer Focused – We will always do right by the customer regardless of company impact
    - Strategic leadership really has RG positioned for continued success
    - Customer and competitors hold RG in high esteem

Cons- Contract delays and small business set asides have slowed growth opportunities for RG, but we seem to be overcoming with new solutions and greater penetration within the commercial market space

Advice to Senior Management- Keep growing relationships with your customer base and field employees
    - Continue investing in employees through training and education

Sinking Fast Like the Titanic

Management (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHard working co worker trying to save the Titantic.

ConsInept and arrogant legacy management who can't recall a contract win. Desperate for any revenue. No vision. just hanging on desperately to a few remaining contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the field people. Get rid of the legacy dead weight management.

Abandon Ship!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsGood past history of company

ConsGone off the rails and lost direction. Everyone is leaving who is any good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tick tock it's only a matter of time

Employee (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsI got a paycheck and benefits, but you can get those flipping burgers too! Not much other than that to say positive.

ConsLeadership and the legacy personnel felt their ideas were the only way to go. Slow or no paid contractors. Big head Bar star syndrome with Sr. executives especially the CTO and CEO not far behind and mid level Directors in positions they shouldn't be in.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking the large margins built into your green sheet pricing tool and pay the bills and people who worked for the business. Also do not accept a paycheck. That might go a long ways.
    Oh and we can tell the planted reviews. Someone mentioned Informa acting like they owned an ATM. Well Informa must have shown the current owners a PIN number for the ATM and their bonuses. This isn't a secret...

Jury is still out

ProsCo-workers are top notch, success driven people with very high ethics. Benefits package is excellent. CEO (Brad King) is great leader who has made a LOT of changes, some of which haven't been very popular. Company was very top heavy with fancy (EXPENSIVE) office space, all of which came right from the bottom line. He has gotten this back in line with size and revenue.

ConsInforma treated RG like an ATM. They always took money from company without putting anything back in. The company is making up for the mess that Informa left.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the folks who are working daily with the customers and bringing money in.

Dysfynctional, Ineffective owners and senior positions

Consultant (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsAs with most organizations, there are some talented and ethical people. Location is killer, if you live in the Alexandria vicinity.

ConsAntiquated, old-school business model. Senior positions occupied by some very poor managers - Divisive, mean-spirited, and self obsessed who clearly haven't the slightest notion how to build a strong, successful work environment. Continues to attempt to ride its historic brand from from its long-past glory days when the $ rolled in.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell

Robbins Gioia does not pay their subcontractors for federal contracts.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo pros for thighs company

ConsBe careful if you are a subcontractor. You will not get paid.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsWhen I worked here the people, atmosphere and company mentality were fantastic

Consmid size company with no where to go

Advice to Senior Managementtime to rebrand

A 'once great' company spiraling down the drain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRich history of success; Great people; Over achieving employees

ConsDegradation of focus; High Rates; Unprofessional CTO

Advice to Senior ManagementThe ability to buy a portion of the company does not give said people the ability to be leaders.

Are you serious ?

ProsLegacy Robbins and Gioia name
    Some good technical work
    Proximity to the DC area
    Federal work
    Trying to break into state work

ConsMisuse of the brand name
    Management who were failures at GTSI
    ex-SERCO guys in the pilot seat - enough said !
    Poor compensation
    Burnt out oldies
    Can't separate their political affiliations from business
    Going the route of the dinosaur

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a reason you conservatives are losing at everything you touch. The obvious depression comes from knowing you lived your lives all wrong, you behave like you are an outdated form of government that is now extinct but want people to respect you for being relics and your owners, executives and senior folks are a bunch of has-been's. You can't demand respect, you have to command it. You command respect by giving respect but if you don't even know that, what are you doing outside your homes, your country clubs, your golf courses and your wine drinking ? The women are the worst you could find anywhere - they make Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann look bearable. Men or women - all a bunch of bimbos with a 'mean girl' streak. A very immature, bullying, bizarre, 50's style mafia house meets barbie doll outfit. Retire and move to Florida which is what all old, white people do. Your special brand of business dealings and lack of ethics is dead and buried for a reason. You wouldn't survive in today's world. Do the only kind thing you can and move to Florida, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Minnesota or Alaska.

Worked for Robbins-Gioia? Contribute to the Community!