Robbins-Gioia Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Brad King

Pros
  • Trying to break into state work (in 2 reviews)

• Good technical staff who would be very useful to any company out there (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is distant and reserved (in 5 reviews)

• Human resources administrators have failed to innovate and transition in critical times and the organization needs new leadership (in 3 reviews)

1. Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Robbins-Gioia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience with Robbins Gioia has been top notch thus far. Great people I work with and quite a number of folks I can learn from.

Cons

Tele-commuting provides me great flexibility, but at times provides me enough "FaceTime" with other colleagues.

Fine for government project management

Pros

Bench depth in project management, strong government relationships

Cons

Too government-run, non-innovative, unknown outside of Government

3. "You lost that loving feeling"

Current Employee - Consultant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Robbins-Gioia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This was a great place to work that was genuinely concerned about their employees. Employees were treated well with great pay and genuine concern about their career path and well being. This changed with the new management takeover. Now owners are more concerned about their egos and pay check.

Cons

Business sector has proven leadership that will not let them down, I doubt the same can be said about the leadership in the government sector. If you work at RG make sure you network yourself to the point of being pushy & nosey so everyone knows your name and what you do well. Take time away from working to socialize to market yourself. Contracts are low and good people being laid off.

Advice to Management

Talk to the people that are working your contracts, not just talking to the people telling you what you want to hear.

All these new reviews hilarious

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Robbins-Gioia (More than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing I could say about this company is their location. Other than that please read on in the cons section.

Cons

Worked for the organization and would say this is one of the most unprofessional leadership teams in not only the govt contracting field but corporate America. They not only have issues paying consultants but leadership is only about their own pockets. Reading all the new reviews is like reading a fairy tale. They haven't changed leadership so not sure how these fantastic reviews keep coming out on Glassdoor. Very suspect and anyone that has worked there can see right through and that these are highly likely to be internal reviews for their own gain. The organization does not look out for the individuals only the leadership and their own agendas.

Advice to Management

Couldn't even if it was mandatory for them to learn. They know it all.

Director

Former Employee - Director Business Development in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Director Business Development in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Robbins-Gioia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong presence in Government Sector, solid customer delivery satisfaction. Significant best practices, templates and solutions methodology for the Goverment Sector.

Cons

Weak presence outside the Government sector, no customer performance and no best practices, templates and solutions methodology outside Goverment sector.

Advice to Management

Diversify offering and customer base

7. Program Manager

I worked at Robbins-Gioia full-time

Pros

Great place to work !

Cons

Long hours sometimes required at the client.

8. OK consulting experience

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Robbins-Gioia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The different consulting experiences provided were just enough to keep me interested for a short period of time. The contracts were varied and management was trying to expand into the commercial sector.

Cons

I was brought in to help with commercial, but was immediately put on a government contract. Government contracts are much more staff augmentation than consulting. It seemed like there was no push back on low value or poorly written contracts which led to unpleasant projects with bad clients. There did seem to just be a sign the contract and take the money mentality.

Advice to Management

Work on the business development side of the house. When acquiring or merging with a different company, allow for more shake-up of people who are too comfortable in their positions.

9. The People Make the Company

Former Employee - Senior Management in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Robbins-Gioia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the finest individuals that I've met in the business world were co-workers of mine at RG. If I had written this review right after I was RIF'd it would have been very negative. Since working at other companies I have come to appreciate the quality of individuals I met at RG. It's a close group that remains connected even when they leave the company.

Cons

Personal politics have resulted in the support of non-performing individuals in the leadership structure. The on-site employees are well qualified but will continue to leave until the company provides growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Your leadership team isn't performing. If your Vice Presidents can't close new business they need to be gone!

Good intentions but big challenges

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

This company has a great history of working to help clients be successful. The new ownership has a strong desire to restore the company to it's former well-respected stature. There are a number of fantastically talented individuals who have joined the company in the past few years with significant experience outside of the company.

Cons

New ownership under-estimated the challenges they faced in revitalizing the company. There continue to be individuals in senior leadership roles who are not delivering on expectations, however due to relationships with the owners are not held accountable and remain in their senior positions to the detriment of the company.

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look at the individuals in senior leadership roles and hold them accountable for business growth goals - don't continue to bolster them if they are not successful in spite of substantial investments in them and their business area. Be aware that personal relationships at an executive level often lead to the impression of favoritism especially when it comes to holding individuals accountable. Let the natural leaders lead, and keep the talented but less "professional leaders" in roles that let them excel in their areas of expertise..

Okay company

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Changed leadership believes they are above everyone else

Advice to Management

Consider keeping those who are good vs. those who are cheap.

RSS Feed </> Embed