Robert Bosch LLC Reviews

Reset
3.9
Robert Bosch LLC President Robert Bosch LLC Mike Mansuetti
Mike Mansuetti

Pros
  • Work life balance was taken care of (in 7 reviews)

• Bosch has a good working environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Cumbersome decision making processes (in 5 reviews)

• Boring work, no work occasionally, feel lost in such a huge company, poor working environment (in 4 reviews)

1. Current co-op student at Kettering University. I work in the Automotive Electronics division in sales for Ford.

Current Intern - Sales Associate in Plymouth, MI
    Current Intern - Sales Associate in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Robert Bosch LLC as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Management is always clear and supportive. Bosch gives you a lot of opportunity to grow.

Cons

None, I have enjoyed my experience at Bosch very much.

Advice to Management

Give co-ops/interns a better opportunity when looking for full-time employment.

2. Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Robert Bosch LLC full-time

Pros

Great resources, rigid processes, broad market and brand name recognition

Cons

Rigid processes, significant organizational changes, self created roadblocks impede progress. Customer complaints at Bosch being slow to respond. Deliberately under resourced.

Advice to Management

Take a serious look at how business is done. Assess resource needs. Be more realistic in expectations.

3. Robert Bosch LLC/Plymouth

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Robert Bosch LLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable, friendly work environment. Nice atmosphere. Friendly people

Cons

Career progress is really slow

5. Very good company to be in

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Robert Bosch LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good work life balance. Stable environment and management

Cons

Minor cons as compared to other companies

6. Very positive experience, interesting work.

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Plymouth, MI
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Robert Bosch LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- assigned an individual project to work on but same couldn't be said for some other interns. There was a real need for the software and it will be used frequently - Good/Fair pay, flexible start time and the important thing is to get your work done not work x hours - My manager was very approachable and took notice of my hard work - global company with opportunity for international assignments - well-structured software development process - people are very friendly (not just casually polite) and I felt very welcome from day 1

Cons

- simple tasks can take an absurd amount of time to get done because the company is so large. This is not unique to Bosch and is found in most global companies

Advice to Management

I only interned for one summer and don't feel qualified to give advice to management.

7. Good

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Robert Bosch LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a big company with lots of lateral opportunity. It is international and very diverse. There is opportunity to move internationally.

Cons

It's really big and easy to get lost. It is very hard to get into any management role. Promotions take time but can be worth it if you can wait for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Positive first three years

Current Employee - Development Leader in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Development Leader in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Robert Bosch LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible schedules - Great facilities - Good opportunities for those who know what to look for

Cons

- Lot's of "driftwood" - Many managers promoted past their level of competance

Advice to Management

Emphasize performance management, not money management

Worked as an Intern at the Plymouth, MI Facility

Former Intern - Bosch Energy Research Network (BERN) Intern in Plymouth, MI
    Former Intern - Bosch Energy Research Network (BERN) Intern in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Robert Bosch LLC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work life balance was taken care of. Come in at 8AM, get out at 5 PM. -Good environment to work in. Nice cafeteria with a great variety of plates, so lunch time didn't feel like a drag. -Good pay (at least for this internship). -Was able to work on other things as well besides my main project.

Cons

-Job could get a bit monotonous. -I received two offers to do internships with two different departments. However, because internal departments are not allowed to compete with each other, the second offer had to be annulled. The problem is that this second offer would have been for a position which interested me more and was for an internship which was more closely related to what I was doing my Master's Degree on.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind from my own experience. However, I recall a full time employee with whom I worked complaining because he didn't get to do business travel as much as he wanted to and how they kept him at the plant always.

10. Great place!

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Robert Bosch LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Management can be a bit inflexible at times.

Advice to Management

Balance obeying orders from above with doing what is best for your subordinates.

Growing cynical from no engineering work, yet pacified by the easy work. Can't work here much longer...

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Robert Bosch LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the telecommuting options, and I like the flexible work schedule quite a lot. They allow up to 2 days per week of telecommuting - I take advantage of it. I usually show up between 8 and 8:30, but sometimes as late as 9 AM. This is not an issue. As long as my work gets done and I'm there for the occasional early meetings my boss doesn't care. Also, since the company is so large, if there is a major recall or customer issue and they lose millions of dollars, your job is still safe. If the division closes they will look for new positions for you in another division. If you're willing to travel, they are usually willing to support it. The benefits package is second only to Ford Motor Company from my experience. The pay is lower, but they tell you that it's to ensure job security... who knows.

Cons

More so than other jobs I've had, the office might as well be congress because there is so much politics. You simply can't trust ANYBODY. People are waiting for a bus to drive by to throw you under it so they can lift themselves up. At least in Plymouth, the company is very manager/leadership oriented, so you get tons of suck-ups who will run you over to advance themselves. Until relatively recently there wasn't even a path for technical people to advance to. The technical/engineering knowledge in Plymouth is severely lacking. The less you know the higher you go... This weeds out all of the technical minded people. The largest issue I have with Bosch is the German centrist attitude. "Germany is the design competency center" is something I hear way too much. You will never be able to design anything electronic UNLESS you live in Germany. That's ridiculous, and simply offensive. You can demonstrate your ability all you want - it won't get you anywhere. I've been doing it for years. Not only are you not allowed to design anything, you cant even make changes to the project without Germany's approval. Even changing a resistor value has to be done using the calculation sheet that Germany designed. After they design the calculation sheets they lock them down with password protection. The engineer in Plymouth just takes the calculation sheets from the designer in Germany, enters the project specific information in the excel spread sheet, and clicks "go" to run the macro. Then, they ask somebody in Germany to change the part on the BOM. That's just ridiculous... why am I hear, again? Only so management can tell the customer that they have local technical people that can answer the questions they have once in a blue moon.

Advice to Management

Stop hiding the truth. Plymouth isn't a design center, it's an application center. The design center is in Germany and you aren't allowed to have an engineering opinion unless you are from Germany. I'm sick of hearing "did you ask Germany?" Stop lying in interviews saying that people will be allowed to design.

RSS Feed </> Embed