Robert Bosch Tool Corporation Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
Heiko Fischer

Pros
  • The company is dedicated to quality and will invest in the right resources to achieve high quality products (in 3 reviews)

• Good work environment, very diverse (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not understand the market, way too much internal approval to do your job (in 2 reviews)

• Dysfunctional Abusive Work Environment (in 2 reviews)

I worked for Skil & Bosch power tools co.

Former Employee - I Worked In All Departments in Heber Springs, AR
    Former Employee - I Worked In All Departments in Heber Springs, AR

Pros

I worked for Bosch for 19 years . I worked long hours I would go to work four hours early and stay over four hours 6 to 7 days a week for years. That's 16 hours a day. I loved my job . I worked at the Bosch plant in Heber Springs ,Arkansas

Cons

After working my heart and soul out Bosch moved our plant to China .It was a wake up call after all my hard work they left me... I planned on working there for 42 years .I had it all planned out and look what they did... My last day was in 2007

Don't stay too long

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to get experience. They make great products. Good Opportunities to work in different departments.

Cons

Below market compensation. HR will low ball you on salary. Rigid German management culture.

Advice to Management

More independence for US operation

Indecisive of what direction Company wants to grow.

Current Employee - Engineering in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is good. Family is important. Emphasis on developing new ideas. State of the art equipment; CAD, Software, electronic equipment. Modern building.

Cons

A center more for developing future careers than Power Tools.

Advice to Management

Part of developing a strong brand in the US is you need to develop a strong work identity in the US.

Slow and steady

Current Employee - Product Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

Good products. Great people. Opportunities to work and travel in many other countries. Working hours are reasonable. Benefits are not too bad.

Cons

Enormous Bureaucracy, yielding an organization that can never be described as agile. Company prides itself on innovation and social responsibility, yet neither is evident. Culture is such that process is more important that the bottom line. If you are not German, you will eventually be made to feel like a second class employee. Company prides itself on diversity, yet staffs most executives in all global offices with German nationals, making it very difficult to reach that level.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

6. Best years of my life.

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time

Pros

Fantastic Field Sales personnel. High quality products. Sometimes very innovative products.

Cons

Too top heavy with way too much invested in Headquarters personnel. No money to Market the product in a very competitive landscape. Many times last to market. New items have to be paid for (money calculated in the cost) to refund Germany for R&D. Many times competition allowed to use proprietary innovative product before North America could sell.

Advice to Management

Empower Field Sales to drive growth with LPF.

7. not a bad place

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work/life balance, interesting products to work on

Cons

after a while it is the same old thing over and over. company is losing a lot of money, it is not clear how long will be in power toll business. Very bad upper management – all Germans

Advice to Management

let local people run the local business. the Gernam ways are not applicable for the US

8. Good place to start a career

Pros

Strong processes and a great place to start a career. You'll get a lot of experience quickly since the staff is lean. Great place to get a taste of life within a large matrix style multi-national company.

Cons

Every task seems to have a designated process, which makes the process very sloooooow. German controlled company. The region cannot operate independently. Need approval from Germany to wash your hands... A lot of "A" talent walks out the door to greener pastures...

Great place to gather experience before you move on to a real career position

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

Bosch power tools is a great place to get experience in working for a large multi national company. I had many opportunities to work with employees in other parts of the world

Cons

Not a division that thinks strategically and decisions can often feel disappointing to the "worker bee". There are not enough opportunities for career growth and salaries are below the levels of other companies in the area.

10. Fair, but not the best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

Good Processes, people are nice

Cons

Do not understand the market, way too much internal approval to do your job

Advice to Management

Need to focus on users, not internal

11. Big Ships Turn Slowly Even in Heavy and Dangerous Seas

Former Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Excellent Worldwide Reputation Dedication to Quality Engineering Fun People......most important and Positive Work Environment (mostly)

Cons

Lots of paperwork justifying your existence in industrial channel Old guard managed by fear ( they were cleaned out by 2010) OK pay draws ok help......many of best and brightest have bolted Slow to market....losing market share and relying too heavily on old standbys

Advice to Management

keep open communication to field personel and keep regionals training and working with field sales reps. Refocus with understanding that Bosch cannot operate in USA like Germany.

RSS Feed </> Embed