Robert Half

www.roberthalf.com

Robert Half Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated May 21, 2014

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance(in 50 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon(in 20 reviews)

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company for HARD working people who want ong-term career growth

Recruiter (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsRobert Half has all the tools, talent and resources available for the staff to become highly successful recruiters. There are several people who joined the company right out of college and were fortunate to receive the opportunity to learn the lucrative recruiting business, and grow into accomplished leaders. The brand name sells itself, there is really no such thing as cold calling when you represent Robert Half. There are endless leads at your fingertips in the established system that crosses several lines of business. If you are a hard-working, motivated and competitive person, this is an amazing company to work for and grow with. It's not the right fit for someone who is looking for a 9-5 job with extensive work/life balance who isn't willing to put the effort in.

ConsAs mentioned above, Robert Half doesn't offer a ton of flexibility UNLESS you have proven yourself and have been with the company for a long time. Those who have proven themselves can definitely call their own shots. No spouses at holiday parties, no family-oriented outings, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving to a more flexible working environment while still holding the team accountable, may be very attractive to top talent and increase staff morale. Incorporating spouses and family members in holiday parties/outings, etc, may be a nice reward to the team and their families given the long days the staff works.

Corporate environment, good professional experience

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat people. Well known company. Competitive pay. From an admin standpoint, great opportunity to get involved with side projects and learn more about the staffing industry.

ConsHigh turnover. Lack of training. This is something that is getting better but seems to be an issue they have always had. They also don't really endorse a fun working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more platforms for training new hires. Add some edge to creating a fun working environment and making employees feel welcomed and valued.

I liked working for RHI

Financial Specialist (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsHaving flexibility, I had a great manager, I liked the people I worked with. The benefits were awesome, although I'm sure that will change due to the new healthcare laws.

ConsI just didn't like accounting and finance work and wanted something different for my career. I also was underpaid for the type of work I was doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees happy and your customers/clients will be too.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company who understands how to reward hard work

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsFast paced, rewarding, real growth opportunities, challenging, great team environment

ConsNothing to report as a con at RHI

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the hiring process quicker

Probably the best business model in the industry, sets you up to make good money.

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

Prosability to make a lot of money

Consthe hours are longer than usual work days

Good Company

Staffing Manager (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

Prosstructure, branding, opportunity, compensation, company history

ConsThe management team is forced to micro manage

Advice to Senior ManagementInvite more feedback; create and allow for more flexibility

Recruiting Manager

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat location and most of the people there are very nice.

ConsAll telemarketing with little real client interaction or development. They track EVERYTHING you do from key strokes on your computer to length, time number of calls and productivity therefrom. There is little to no training, just here is your computer and your phone and go. Very high turnover rate. That alone should tell you something.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time training new employees and give them the time to become effective producers.

Steady work, easy to take time off, but very low pay

Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsBecause Robert Half Legal is so large, there are usually many short term jobs available for newly graduated attorneys. Also, because it is temp work, it is easy to take time off or make it fit your schedule.

ConsThe downside is that you're a temp. Nobody is really investing in you and there is not much room for growth. Also, the pay is really pretty bad, as are the benefits.

I joined RHI not once but twice......

Senior Regional Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsRHI was ultimately my choice in the industry for a variety of reasons.

**Career Path- I joined RHI for the career path it provided. As a Senior Accountant I craved the opportunity to have more opportunity for advancement and income, RHI provided that opportunity. RHI has the best short and long term career path for anyone truly interested in a career and being developed.

** Training & Development- Best in Industry, even RHI's competitors acknowledge the world class level of the training program.

** Income Potential- at RHI they show you the math....no limit on income.

** Leadership- Best in industry, the leadership team at RHI started on the desk so they ultimately truly know what it takes to be successful.

** Database- if you do not think this matters you are mistaken. RHI's network (Micro J) was a huge reason I re-joined. Other firms give you a phone book and expect you to build the database. At RHI you have historic client lists and leads coming in constantly. The power of RHI will ultimately make you more successful.

I chose to come back to RHI over offers from other staffing and Professional Service Firms including national firms Kforce, Altran (formerly Control Solutions) & Randstad/Spherion (the Ingenium division of Accountpros).

Ultimately I re-joined RHI because every competitor I interviewed with always asked me "How does RHI do it?".....Rather than be with a firm that wanted to be RHI I elected to call the District President and recruit myself back into RHI.

ConsMake sure you are open with the managers throughout the entire process. If your goals are not aligned with the opportunity at RHI it can be a bad fit.

RHI has been an extremely fast growing company the last 20+ years. This growth can create change management challenges that take time to work through. You truly need to trust and partner with your leadership to be succesful.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetention and continued development of the team is the key.

Robert Half International is a great place to work if you want to work hard and get paid for your performance.

Staffing Manager (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH

ProsWhen you work for RHI, you are working for the best in the industry. You will learn sales and recruiting from the best and you will be rewarded for your performance. Compensation is excellent, growth potential is tremendous and a long time career is in the cards

ConsThere really arent any downsides to working at RHI. Dont go to RHI if you dont want to work hard. Its a work hard play hard environment

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!