Robert Half Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little work-life balance in this company (in 55 reviews)

• cut-throat environment, long hours, no work/life balance or respect of personal life (in 23 reviews)

Best training in the business

Former Employee - Senior Staffing Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Staffing Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training opportunities, high standards, promote from within culture. Very fast paced, so you have to like that challenge and thrive in a quick environment. If you want to work for an agency, this is the only one worth it. They truly train their staff.

Cons

cut-throat environment, long hours, no work/life balance or respect of personal life. Standards have declined and some new hires who aren't cutting it are protected so that turn over looks lower.

Management

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experience. Gaining experience for the position. That is all I can and will say about this company. Mostly, the particular office I worked for.

Cons

Micromanaging, no professionalism, belittling in front of coworkers, lack of communication between staff. No respect for other staff members. Boston area office needs a serious turnover of management.

Advice to Management

Please stop micromanaging. Learn how to address issues within your staff in a private manner. Give the potential to grow. Did I mention to stop micromanaging. Oh! Stop trying to be a friend!

Recruiting Manager

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is potential to make a lot of money if you can overcome the internal competition with your peers and the high turnover rate.

Cons

Very cutthroat environment and unethical managers running the show. You will be competing with your own teammates over a lot of the same territory, creating many internal arguments and discrepancies over accounts. Employees care very little about their candidates and only do what is in their best interest, not that of their clients or candidates. The turnover rate is crazier than anything I have ever seen in a sales organization. The base pay is very low, and it takes several months to a year to start earning real commission.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees and candidates. Put more emphasis to developing younger employees rather than just favoring the more senior and top recruiters.

5. Ok place to learn staffing business

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to learn the business. Pretty competitive environment. Good name recognition, ability to staff jobs if you can land them

Cons

Comp was a draw plan. They hire a lot of people and see who sticks. Senior reps are often team leaders so you can be competing with your boss at the same time you need him/her. Draw plan was average great, and could be a higher % especially since its a draw. High turnover

Advice to Management

They are a huge public company, with a huge chain of command, so I doubt they will listen to anything I were to suggest....

Pious and elite attitude

Former Contractor - Clerk in Danvers, MA
    Former Contractor - Clerk in Danvers, MA

I worked at Robert Half as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Non to think of those in Danvers are ride

Cons

Where to start, slow responses and few jobs and again ride they are.

Advice to Management

Higher new people

Internal Employee of the Burlington, MA office for 5+ years

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has an excellent training program and market reputation. As a sales and recruiting professional, it made life a little easier when you call from a company with household name brand for accounting and finance staffing.

Cons

The company, specially the Burlington, MA office and the regional manager/president iis demeaning, arrogant, and manages by fear of losing your job and degradation. The company seems a little bit locked in the past and not ready to be adaptable as the industry continues to change.

Advice to Management

I advise a change in management, specifically in upper management in the New England region.

8. Great Company for HARD working people who want ong-term career growth

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Robert Half has all the tools, talent and resources available for the staff to become highly successful recruiters. There are several people who joined the company right out of college and were fortunate to receive the opportunity to learn the lucrative recruiting business, and grow into accomplished leaders. The brand name sells itself, there is really no such thing as cold calling when you represent Robert Half. There are endless leads at your fingertips in the established system that crosses several lines of business. If you are a hard-working, motivated and competitive person, this is an amazing company to work for and grow with. It's not the right fit for someone who is looking for a 9-5 job with extensive work/life balance who isn't willing to put the effort in.

Cons

As mentioned above, Robert Half doesn't offer a ton of flexibility UNLESS you have proven yourself and have been with the company for a long time. Those who have proven themselves can definitely call their own shots. No spouses at holiday parties, no family-oriented outings, etc.

Advice to Management

Moving to a more flexible working environment while still holding the team accountable, may be very attractive to top talent and increase staff morale. Incorporating spouses and family members in holiday parties/outings, etc, may be a nice reward to the team and their families given the long days the staff works.

9. Corporate environment, good professional experience

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Well known company. Competitive pay. From an admin standpoint, great opportunity to get involved with side projects and learn more about the staffing industry.

Cons

High turnover. Lack of training. This is something that is getting better but seems to be an issue they have always had. They also don't really endorse a fun working environment.

Advice to Management

Create more platforms for training new hires. Add some edge to creating a fun working environment and making employees feel welcomed and valued.

10. I liked working for RHI

Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Burlington, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having flexibility, I had a great manager, I liked the people I worked with. The benefits were awesome, although I'm sure that will change due to the new healthcare laws.

Cons

I just didn't like accounting and finance work and wanted something different for my career. I also was underpaid for the type of work I was doing.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy and your customers/clients will be too.

11. Great company who understands how to reward hard work

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Danvers, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Danvers, MA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, rewarding, real growth opportunities, challenging, great team environment

Cons

Nothing to report as a con at RHI

Advice to Management

Streamline the hiring process quicker

Showing 25 of 1,185 reviews