Robert Half Reviews in Boston, MA

Updated May 21, 2014
Updated May 21, 2014

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance (in 50 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company for HARD working people who want ong-term career growth

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Robert Half has all the tools, talent and resources available for the staff to become highly successful recruiters. There are several people who joined the company right out of college and were fortunate to receive the opportunity to learn the lucrative recruiting business, and grow into accomplished leaders. The brand name sells itself, there is really no such thing as cold calling when you represent Robert Half. There are endless leads at your fingertips in the established system that crosses several lines of business. If you are a hard-working, motivated and competitive person, this is an amazing company to work for and grow with. It's not the right fit for someone who is looking for a 9-5 job with extensive work/life balance who isn't willing to put the effort in.

Cons

As mentioned above, Robert Half doesn't offer a ton of flexibility UNLESS you have proven yourself and have been with the company for a long time. Those who have proven themselves can definitely call their own shots. No spouses at holiday parties, no family-oriented outings, etc.

Moving to a more flexible working environment while still holding the team accountable, may be very attractive to top talent and increase staff morale. Incorporating spouses and family members in holiday parties/outings, etc, may be a nice reward to the team and their families given the long days the staff works.

Corporate environment, good professional experience

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Well known company. Competitive pay. From an admin standpoint, great opportunity to get involved with side projects and learn more about the staffing industry.

Cons

High turnover. Lack of training. This is something that is getting better but seems to be an issue they have always had. They also don't really endorse a fun working environment.

Create more platforms for training new hires. Add some edge to creating a fun working environment and making employees feel welcomed and valued.

I liked working for RHI

Former Employee - Financial Specialist  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Burlington, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having flexibility, I had a great manager, I liked the people I worked with. The benefits were awesome, although I'm sure that will change due to the new healthcare laws.

Cons

I just didn't like accounting and finance work and wanted something different for my career. I also was underpaid for the type of work I was doing.

Keep your employees happy and your customers/clients will be too.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company who understands how to reward hard work

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Danvers, MA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Danvers, MA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, rewarding, real growth opportunities, challenging, great team environment

Cons

Nothing to report as a con at RHI

Streamline the hiring process quicker

Good Company

Former Employee - Staffing Manager  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

structure, branding, opportunity, compensation, company history

Cons

The management team is forced to micro manage

Invite more feedback; create and allow for more flexibility

Probably the best business model in the industry, sets you up to make good money.

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ability to make a lot of money

Cons

the hours are longer than usual work days

Recruiting Manager

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Great location and most of the people there are very nice.

Cons

All telemarketing with little real client interaction or development. They track EVERYTHING you do from key strokes on your computer to length, time number of calls and productivity therefrom. There is little to no training, just here is your computer and your phone and go. Very high turnover rate. That alone should tell you something.

Spend more time training new employees and give them the time to become effective producers.

Steady work, easy to take time off, but very low pay

Former Employee - Document Review Attorney  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Document Review Attorney in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Because Robert Half Legal is so large, there are usually many short term jobs available for newly graduated attorneys. Also, because it is temp work, it is easy to take time off or make it fit your schedule.

Cons

The downside is that you're a temp. Nobody is really investing in you and there is not much room for growth. Also, the pay is really pretty bad, as are the benefits.

I joined RHI not once but twice......

Current Employee - Senior Regional Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Regional Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

RHI was ultimately my choice in the industry for a variety of reasons.

**Career Path- I joined RHI for the career path it provided. As a Senior Accountant I craved the opportunity to have more opportunity for advancement and income, RHI provided that opportunity. RHI has the best short and long term career path for anyone truly interested in a career and being developed.

** Training & Development- Best in Industry, even RHI's competitors acknowledge the world class level of the training program.

** Income Potential- at RHI they show you the math....no limit on income.

** Leadership- Best in industry, the leadership team at RHI started on the desk so they ultimately truly know what it takes to be successful.

** Database- if you do not think this matters you are mistaken. RHI's network (Micro J) was a huge reason I re-joined. Other firms give you a phone book and expect you to build the database. At RHI you have historic client lists and leads coming in constantly. The power of RHI will ultimately make you more successful.

I chose to come back to RHI over offers from other staffing and Professional Service Firms including national firms Kforce, Altran (formerly Control Solutions) & Randstad/Spherion (the Ingenium division of Accountpros).

Ultimately I re-joined RHI because every competitor I interviewed with always asked me "How does RHI do it?".....Rather than be with a firm that wanted to be RHI I elected to call the District President and recruit myself back into RHI.

Cons

Make sure you are open with the managers throughout the entire process. If your goals are not aligned with the opportunity at RHI it can be a bad fit.

RHI has been an extremely fast growing company the last 20+ years. This growth can create change management challenges that take time to work through. You truly need to trust and partner with your leadership to be succesful.

Retention and continued development of the team is the key.

Robert Half International is a great place to work if you want to work hard and get paid for your performance.

Current Employee - Staffing Manager  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Robert Half

Pros

When you work for RHI, you are working for the best in the industry. You will learn sales and recruiting from the best and you will be rewarded for your performance. Compensation is excellent, growth potential is tremendous and a long time career is in the cards

Cons

There really arent any downsides to working at RHI. Dont go to RHI if you dont want to work hard. Its a work hard play hard environment

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!