Robert Half Reviews

Updated April 17, 2015
998 reviews filtered by
3.1
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance (in 55 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon (in 23 reviews)

1. Excellent stable company

I worked at Robert Half full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked here for many years. A very good company to its staff. Stable and financially conservative. I've left with a good 401K and RH stocks for my retirement.

Cons

There were some times when change occurred very quickly. This could be difficult because implementation was sometimes rough.

Advice to Management

Make sure to listen to the front line staff.

2. Staffing Manager

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Provided great training and surrounded by a supportive team. Great people to work that allowed you to be competitive and work towards a rewarding career.

Cons

It's a sales position that requires lots of cold calling and prospecting. If on a team that isn't supportive it can lead to frustration and feeling like you're stuck.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and provide proper training. Know when to push and when to back of since it can be a stressful sales position.

3. Robert Half is a great company to work for either internally or as a candidate.

I have been working at Robert Half

Pros

This company invests in training their employees and giving them the tools needed to be successful. With great leadership and a strong team the opportunities are endless. Plus the backing of a multi billion company that allows you the freedom to develop your maximum potential is just icing on the cake. Also, the bonus structure is phenomenal!!

Cons

An economical recession is never easy, especially in the staffing industry but knowing that Robert Half has been in business since the 40's and has come out of several economical crisis and still lives to see another day speaks volume as to the companies ability to inspire their employees, even in the darkest of times. Yes, there may be high turnover but there is also many tenured people here as well. This is not a place for the weak, the first year will separate the mice from the men.

Advice to Management

Positivity breeds positivity. All though we can't control the job market we can control our attitude, our efforts and our appearance!

5. Great place to work

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Robert Half as an intern

Pros

Big company that treats their employees right where the employees have a very professional outlook which drives success and positive vibes all around.

Cons

There can be times where a lot of the work that needs to be done becomes tedious because there aren't ways around it.

Advice to Management

The management team is very helpful and go out of their way to make sure that you have work as well as making sure the employees learn as they work.

6. Division Director

I worked at Robert Half full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very clear in what they expect from you, great training, tons of material to learn from, excellent database, compensation was good

Cons

Way too much turnover, low morale, long hours, micromanagement, tons of pressure.

Advice to Management

They seem to have it all figured out and have no incentive to keep employees

7. I have been with Robert Half for almost 3 years and absolutely love my job.

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment and sense of family within the bullpen. Always an opportunity to learn something new, to grow and to meet people.

Cons

Spouses aren't included in certain company events.

8. Accounts Payable

I have been working at Robert Half part-time

Pros

Staff really works hard to find you placement. Pays every week and has great training material on their website.

Cons

Pay may be considerably lower than usual for acquired position.

9. Executive Recruiter

I worked at Robert Half

Pros

Great training, great organization. I'd recommend them to my friends.

Cons

Long hours, too much role playing

10. Use of service

Former Employee - Job Seeker in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Job Seeker in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Robert Half

Pros

Good communication by email, friendly, easy to work with

Cons

Long application process, can be hard to reach personal rep

11. Great company trying their best to provide best fit positions to every single candidate.

Current Employee - Tax Accountant in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Tax Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Robert Half

Pros

Timely communicates with employees, making sure they are satisfied with their assignments, and assisting to deal with all kinds of problems they meet in their assignments.

Cons

It will be great if they can raise the reimburse amount for tuitions.