Robert Half

www.roberthalf.com

Robert Half Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance(in 50 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon(in 20 reviews)

Great Experience

InterimController (Former Employee) Union, NJ

ProsInterim Controller Experience was excellent. Work environment friendly. Staff was very knowledgeable. Robert Half kept in contact with me and also consulting company.

ConsJob assignments are sporadic at best. It appears other recruiter don't want to share your information as they might share commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorp Website needs to navigate between opportunities easier. Recruiter need to share clients without penalties. More opportunities for all.

Opportunity like no other

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsHigh standards and ethical approach to client development and building candidate relationships. Unlimited career opportunities for those willing to work hard to set the industry standard.

ConsChallenges are also opportunities. High expectations for continual growth. This is not the right environment for everyone, but for those who can meet the standards, it is very rewarding.

Great place to work

PeopleSoft Developer (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGreat people, phenomenal leadership, support and Team.

ConsThere are not much cons and its a good company to work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Temp Agency i ever worked with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe recruiters I worked with were friendly, listened to what I was looking for, and really matched my skill set with positions that I could apply my skills to as well as learn from.

ConsThere were not always opportunities, at times some dry spells. But that is more the economy and not them.

Temporary Job Placement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone is very helpful.Friendly service .Put me to work during my unemployed period. I appreciate the opportunity here. Now Im looking for a place I can become permanent with good wages and excellent benefit.

Conslow pay.Needed a full time position and salary

Advice to Senior ManagementThe staff works hard but they do not have the jobs for all of the people they promise to put to work.

Admin front desk

Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsAlways busy and recruiters were great to work with. Always treated you with kindness and respect.

ConsSome of team co workers were allowed to treat you unfairly based on their staus of knowing work related family friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeam work for front desk admin

Good starting company to learn basics of recruiting.

ProsThe compensation plan is higher than you will make at any other agency, they want you to succeed. Good intro to sales as well.

ConsRobert Half is still very old school and change doesn't happen that often. There are not too many growth opportunities, just compensation opportunities.

Contracts Administrative Assistant

Contracts Assistant (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

Prosgreat company to work for, very friendly positive people. Great atmosphere always nice and clean inside and out. Robert Half really care about helping people succeed.

ConsAll thought I enjoyed working for Robert Half the commute was a bite much for me It took me and hour and a half to get to and from work so over three hours commute. That was the only part I didn't enjoy.

Working in Robert half is better.

PC Technician (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsYou get opportunity to learn something new every time.

Consto learn always new with them

Advice to Senior Managementthey are very helpful at any time

Learned a lot, but it was time to leave

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn the business, not a great place for a long-term career

Consridiculously high turnover, disinterested management, cookie-cutter approach that defies common sense often

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!