Robert Half Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance (in 50 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Steady

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady work
    Pay is competitive - it's great if you don't need benefits
    Flexible work schedule

Cons

No benefits (not even no cost benefits like pre-tax public transportation deductions)
    The won't change your assignment if the client keeps renewing you

Make benefits/perks available that don't cost the company money (i.e. Public Transportation deductions, gym membership discounts via group bargain, etc.)

Its has been great to work for this company

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working conditions, They check up on assignments, great benefits for contact work, help look for opportunities to grow, accreditation programs.

Cons

I really cannot think of any issues that I have encountered. Other than the fact that holday pay does not kick in until 1000 hours of work. But its a contract position, what do you expect.

Keep it up!

Great Company to work for and phenomenal support staff

Current Employee - Field Technician  in  Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great opprotunities for someone wanting to break into the IT field. Recruiters are very on point to communicate about new contracts and also to check to see how you are enjoying your experience. They truly seem to take the time to listen to any concerns you have which is a great value in my opinion.

Cons

I havent seen any cons to the company.

My only advice would be to keep up the good work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Have keep me working in the past.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Robert Half part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Need to call them each week.

Great opportunities abound if you thrive in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment with frequent long hours

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large company with plentiful growth opportunities and excellent resources for career development. Fun open work environment with a dynamic and diverse team. Benefits are good.

Cons

Hours can be long and your success is definitely based on hitting numbers, but that's sales, folks!
    Lots of change and high turnover is a given.

Not for the faint of heart

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You must have high energy and be motivated to work here. If you lack energy and the "do whatever it takes" type of attitude, you will fail miserably. Of course this all depends on each location as work environment differs from one office to the next. You will meet great people here...inexperienced and experienced in the industry. Huge potential to make good $ but it all depends on your sales skills.

Cons

No work life balance. Since I was in the temp division, you were always on call. Can do better on training. Make sure you hit your PDA...if not, they will look at your activity like a hawk.

Relax. Burden is way too high...thats why good people are leaving the organization.

Great Place to start your career

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get great experience, SOME LOB's give great training, learned a lot from great people. The work is challenging and responsibilities increase with experience

Cons

I have seen people hired and fired within 60 days, seen people thrown to the wolves without training. In some divisions, you may just be a number. Promotions given on length of time there rather than performance & effort

Make sure every new hire is getting the proper training

Good temp work for summers or getting experience

I worked at Robert Half as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You are able to set your own schedule. Need to not work for 2 months? Just let them know you aren't available then. The pay is pretty competitive and they are fast at finding short term temp jobs for you to fill. They have a lot of clients in a close geographic location which is good for people using public transportation.

Cons

They didn't seem to have very many temp to hire positions and instead seemed to push the one to two week positions. As with any staffing agency, they charge the client more for you than you get paid but that is to be expected since they need to take their fee.

Have more temp to hire positions

Fun office environment, not managed well.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent perks - month happy hours, frequent potlucks and a variety of discounts to places such at AT&T and Apple.
    Good energy in the office and great for networking! Felt like there was a good amount of opportunity for growth.

Cons

I didn't feel that the administrative staff was managed well. Promotions seemed to be given to employees who had been there longest regardless of whether they were capable of managing. Never felt comfortable handing my work over when going on vacation.

Make sure managers really know how to manage their employees. Saw too many managers, admin and sales, who didn't know what they were doing as far as supporting/leading their team.

Not What they Say!

Current Employee - IT Consultant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get in, even with 2 years of full time experience and a college degree no one hire unless you have 5+ years of experience. Robert Half gets you in the door and then they forget you.

Cons

There is no one to answer your calls or emails. The recruiter you are assigned to keeps changing or resigning. First when you start an contract they call you 6 times a day then after 2 weeks you can't even contact them yourself if the world was ending.

Take care of your people. They people working outside of your office are the ones worth caring more about than the inside office people.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!