Robert Half Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance (in 52 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

Vetted and reliable, with some upkeep (working as a temp)

Current Employee - Temporary Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Temporary assignments are quick-hire; get a call then go to work
    + Get to work for different companies, broaden your experience
    + Being a contractor means you have a buffer zone against detrimental or abusive workplaces
    + Stringing along multiple assignments, you eventually become eligible for RH benefits
    + Get paid every week

Cons

- Assignments are fully "at will" and can end at any moment, however etiquette usually prevails
    - Sometimes an assignment ends and there's no more work for a while (to some, this could be a plus as well)
    - Every job is non-permanent until it is permanent, and conversion is rarely quick, if it happens at all
    - Pay rate is almost always lower than what a direct-hire would make, and always hourly
    - No pay for holidays, vacation or simple PTO, only for hours spent on the job
    - Weekly or daily time entry, which can become tedious
    - Always a sense of separation from co-workers, knowing that you're "not really an employee"

Can't really say much, as all of this is "the nature of the beast." It is what it is. While working on-site changes with each assignment, there are some things about the time I spent in the RH offices for onboarding and other admin purposes. There seems to be an awful lot of paper-shuffle involved with vetting/interviewing candidates. They could surely use more online systems and less paper in their processes.

Review of services. I was a candidate, not employee. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

I worked at Robert Half

Pros

I had an exceptional experience at Robert Half. My recruiter, Andrew, was incredible. He found me job exceed expectations and remained my coach and advocate throughout the interviewing and hiring processes. There is no doubt in my mind that I would never have been considered for the position without the network and professional capability of the staff at RH. I highly recommend them, especially Andrew T.

Cons

None. They went above and beyond for me.

Steady

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady work
    Pay is competitive - it's great if you don't need benefits
    Flexible work schedule

Cons

No benefits (not even no cost benefits like pre-tax public transportation deductions)
    The won't change your assignment if the client keeps renewing you

Make benefits/perks available that don't cost the company money (i.e. Public Transportation deductions, gym membership discounts via group bargain, etc.)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its has been great to work for this company

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working conditions, They check up on assignments, great benefits for contact work, help look for opportunities to grow, accreditation programs.

Cons

I really cannot think of any issues that I have encountered. Other than the fact that holday pay does not kick in until 1000 hours of work. But its a contract position, what do you expect.

Keep it up!

Great Company to work for and phenomenal support staff

Current Employee - Field Technician  in  Hot Springs, AR
    Current Employee - Field Technician in Hot Springs, AR

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great opprotunities for someone wanting to break into the IT field. Recruiters are very on point to communicate about new contracts and also to check to see how you are enjoying your experience. They truly seem to take the time to listen to any concerns you have which is a great value in my opinion.

Cons

I havent seen any cons to the company.

My only advice would be to keep up the good work.

Have keep me working in the past.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Robert Half part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Need to call them each week.

Contracts don't matter

Current Employee - Architect  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Architect in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I’m grateful that Robert Half Technology (RHT) helped me find a job when I was in need.

The recruiters took me to dinner - twice.

Cons

I’m grateful that Robert Half Technology (RHT) helped me find a job when I was in need, but my experience working for RHT was frustrating.

When I asked questions of my recruiters, answers were slow in response and often wrong.

Contracts don’t matter: Prior to working for RHT I negotiated a contract, which described conversion details to become a fulltime employee – after 6 months of contract work.

Throughout my time working at RHT I continually received compliments for my work. When it came time to convert to a fulltime employee (after working 5 out of the 6 months) I received several excuses as to why RHT and the company I worked at did not have to comply with a legally binding contract, which we had agreed on. I passed up other opportunities because I thought RHT would honor our contract. My loss. . .

Summary (based on my experience): Recruiters will say anything to mislead a worker so a worker will commit to a contract-job and RHT will ignore contracts when it serves their purpose.

Tell the truth and don't make promises (contracts) you can't deliver

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coffee, location and the ability to go on client meetings every afternoon if you want.

Cons

metrics, the draw vs. compensation plan and non stop cold calling.

ok

I have been working at Robert Half as a contractor

Pros

Great Training skills site.
    Great Group Life insurance
    Great for Collage Grads or attendees

Cons

Take too much company profit per hour of work..about $10 an hour at least from temporary workers.
    Can only work in one department at a time; Temp or Perm

Give more $ per hour for work.
    Take away temporary holiday pay because if its not received by the employee then it's a benefit for company.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of small perks and benefits, nice, comfortable work environment, decent pay. Most exempt employees have the option to telecommute, however they pick and choose which non-exempt employees can do that.

Cons

Lots of micro managers and big egos, slow on the technology curve. They don't offer a 9/80 work schedule and seem a little rigid about what they view as their core working hours. I've definitely worked in friendlier environments.

Make sure that all managers are there for the good of the company and to develop their staff rather than for their own personal gain. There needs to be more accountability of management behavior.

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!