Robert Half

Robert Half Reviews

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
3.1

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance (in 55 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Temping at RHI

Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Queens Village, NY
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Queens Village, NY

I have been working at Robert Half part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am only registered to work for them. For the most part, they are quick to respond to your needs for employment. They have an excellent training program that you can learn a lot from. They have an excellent customer service personnel willing to help you at any time.

Cons

I seem to be stuck in the same temporary part-time position for about a year an half. I am looking for permanent employment or temporary that would lead to permanent and they don't seem to really care enough to help me accomplish my goal. The recruiters seem to want to keep at the same part-time position I have now, where I have been for more than a year. Everytime I write to someone regarding this matter, there doesn't seem to be a response.

For the most part your company has gotten me a foot in the door when it comes to employment; but I think the needs of the employee, in this case myself, should be taken more into consideration. I am looking for full-time employment and I have been like these for months. They take too long. Not even a job interview... set aside a response.

Not for everyone

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Robert Half

Pros

Great benefits, nice co-workers- good location

Cons

Poor management, no work life balance- hours are crazy

Get new ones

Excellent

I have been working at Robert Half

Pros

They work with you to find a position as long as you keep in contact. They will not send you out on assignments which you are way over-qualified for. Plus once you are in the system all of their divisions are able to assist.

Cons

If you do not keep in contact your resume will just stay in their files.

Nov 13, 2014HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with us!

GREAT place to make a lot of money, IF you are aggressive, talkative, and don't sweat the details

I worked at Robert Half (more than a year)

Pros

great training, mostly good people, great upper management, as long as you can get out of your own way you will be successful

Cons

expected to be at your desk from 8-6, even if you are ahead of goals, not so much a "team" environment - you essentially run your own desk, and you sit near people who may or may not want to collaborate

test people's behaviors before hiring - MUST be high Doer/Dominant, high Talker/Inducement, low Pacer/Submissive, and low Controller/Compliant

HIlarious Job (In a Bad Way). Only work here if you're desperate for money. Not a place to make career

I worked at Robert Half

Pros

The Pittsburgh office is in PPG Plaza--a great location Downtown.
    That's it.

Cons

the Branch Manager is very immature and compulsive. Get used to walking on egg shells
    gossip, drama, and tempers run rampant
    success only makes your colleagues jealous
    low employee morale
    terrible compensation
    micro-management to a T
    no work-life balance
    no career advancement

New leadership is needed.

Most Unorganized POS Ever

Former Employee - Sales Support Administrator in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Support Administrator in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Robert Half full-time (less than a year)

Pros

High Pay. There are literally no other pros unless you count being able to be as absolutely rude and snippy to the company's candidates that call in for temp jobs a perk. Parking is not even free. You have to pay $10 per day but only if you're in by 9am and out by 7pm and Robert Half does NOT validate parking or consider it when considering your salary.

Cons

VERY DISORGANIZED. Horrible training. Unprofessional. Rude to candidates. The list goes on.

Take time to give constructive criticism if you care about your employees and allow them the chance to improve. Invest some actual time in training employees and make sure if you're bouncing them around to different people that everyone is providing the same information so that your employees are not held accountable for misinformation during training causing them to perform on their jobs poorly. Be clear about your company policies and procedures. There needs to be some sort of structure and guidelines to follow within your organization. It is truly a complete and absolute mess. Treat your candidates better that come through your temp divisions and train your other sales support administrators to do the same. Be more mature and professional and leave your personal bad personality quirks at home. Robert Half really needs new top level management for this branch. I would be curious to see what the corporate executives think of the way these people are running their business if they ever come in for a visit. The things they talk about and the way they treat Robert Half temp and temp to hire candidates and visitors to the office is disgusting. Whole branch needs to be cleaned out top to bottom and restaffed. Most of the recruiters are great. It's management that truly needs to be replaced.

My review of working at Robert Half

I worked at Robert Half

Pros

Industry leading training. You cannot underestimate the power of having experience working here.

Cons

In my personal experience, the local management was not the most supportive of my overall career growth and goals.

Nov 14, 2014HR

Thank you for the feedback. We are passionate about providing the best possible training for our teams. Sorry to hear that local management did not help you meet your career expectations.

Good company

I have been working at Robert Half

Pros

Genuinely interested in helping clients, do the work, try to get to know their clients.

Cons

Very slow process, sometimes disinterested and at times divert their attention from the people who need them most.

Nov 14, 2014HR

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review. We are working to improve processes and procedures and really do care about providing the best possible services to our clients and candidates.

Lots of opportunity and career progression.

Former Employee - Division Director
    Former Employee - Division Director

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Constant training
    If you work hard, you get recognized
    Professional environment
    Many resources to fulfill your job
    Discover industries and companies you knew nothing about
    Fast paced environment

Cons

Highly competitive
    No work life balance for a rookie
    Pay isn't anything to brag about

Try to remember how it use to be when you started

OK Company

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can be flexible with work schedule, nice enough

Cons

No benefits, hardly any time off, no vacation, don't advocate for you