Robert Half

www.roberthalf.com

Robert Half Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work options with good work / life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Great training and tools for success although some training scenarios are unrealistic(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They micro-manage their employees and do not promote a work life balance(in 50 reviews)

• No work life balance- hours are 8-6, lunch breaks frowned upon(in 20 reviews)

104 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Opportunity like no other

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsHigh standards and ethical approach to client development and building candidate relationships. Unlimited career opportunities for those willing to work hard to set the industry standard.

ConsChallenges are also opportunities. High expectations for continual growth. This is not the right environment for everyone, but for those who can meet the standards, it is very rewarding.

Great place to work

PeopleSoft Developer (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGreat people, phenomenal leadership, support and Team.

ConsThere are not much cons and its a good company to work

Contracts Administrative Assistant

Contracts Assistant (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

Prosgreat company to work for, very friendly positive people. Great atmosphere always nice and clean inside and out. Robert Half really care about helping people succeed.

ConsAll thought I enjoyed working for Robert Half the commute was a bite much for me It took me and hour and a half to get to and from work so over three hours commute. That was the only part I didn't enjoy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love working for Robert Half

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsThe people and sense of community are what make Robert Half a great company to work for. They have flexible schedule, work-life balance and standard benefits. Great vacation accrual perks the longer your tenure.

ConsThere's a lot of political silos and efficiency is frowned upon by management. The leadership at the director level is great but things move very slow. Unless you dedicate to working 60-70 hours noting will get done, there's little investment in changing the way things have always been although there are pockets of people seeking to change the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your star employees or you'll lose them to other companies interested in finding talent.

Worse job experience ever

Analyst (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGood training ground to learn alot about the business and working in a corporate environment, but I wouldn't suggest staying for more than 2 years.

ConsTerrible, low compensation. High turnover. Low morale. Company doesn't value talented, hardworking individuals nor do they try to retain them. Top heavy company. Too many micro-managers. Only promote favorites not those that deserve it.

Working Full Time, Satisfied

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsGood Work life Balance, good culture

ConsNot much opportunities for Career Growth.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue what you are going. It is working great.

It was interesting learning about the nuances of the world's leading staffing company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsRobert Half employees many talented, hard working people.

ConsThe corporate infrastructure is not kept current. The company focuses it's resources on keeping the branch offices on the edge of technology. Many workgroups in the corporate office are competitive and not collaborative.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the employees to have more autonomy. Be comfortable and encourage collaboration amongst different departments. Be supportive of your employees when they are interested in participating in company wide events. Set up meaningful development plans to encourage growth within the corporate office versus staying in one department for an entire career.

Below average pay, No Advancement. Cheap company.

(Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsBeautiful location at Bishop Ranch with many amenities. CEO very down to earth and friendly individual. Rare to find these days,

ConsFor a staffing company who should value employees, this company fails. Average pay is easily 10K below market. There were a few open positions in accounting for months, which they finally filled. Why? Offered to 2 people earlier who did not show up to work, due to poor pay grade. And don't even talk about the turnover here in IT. They just cannot keep people long enough with poor salary. Big fail.
    No Advancement. Big deal if you want to apply for an open position. You cannot put an application unless you fill out a department transfer form which should be signed by your managers, and upper management. Only after that HR will accept your resume. An age old process which discourages anyone to apply. Unlike other company where all you have to do is submit your resume. This company is way backwards.
    Company very cheap. This year for summer event, it is on a weekend. Families are invited, but would would want to go to San Ramon again and waste their Sat. Prior years it used to be on a week day, but company cannot handle employees having fun, and not working at their desks. So this year event moved to Sat, so company won't lose money.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the roses before you start losing valuable talent. Market is getting hot.

My 2 cents

MS Exchange Contractor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company offers opportunity for free training in multiple areas.
    Paychecks get deposit to my account right after the timesheet has been approve by the manager.
    At least the person I worked with showed some concern about finding another position as soon as the current contract ended.

ConsCompensation is on the low end

Spotty work at best, temp to hire never works out, Robert Half gets greedy at buyout

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSome assignments are long term and good, others are minimum wage and not what you are told they would be

ConsSpotty assignments are the norm

Worked for Robert Half? Contribute to the Community!