Robert Half Technology

Updated September 19, 2014
2.8

Robert Half Technology Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer, Jr
Harold M. Messmer, Jr

Pros
  • The folks in my particular office were good people, who work their butts off (in 6 reviews)

• This is a good place to learn the business and recruiting, and then get out (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The SOP promotes a hostile/stressful work environment that is clearly visible from the high turnover this company experiences (in 7 reviews)

• Recruiters are at each other's throats competing for the same candidates (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company to work for

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work for

Cons

Does not pay as per the going Market

My experience with Robert Half Technology

I have been working at Robert Half Technology

Pros

Prompt response and specialized staff

Cons

Dealing with several people at once

Better matching with skill set

People Farm

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay if you work hard enough, healthy amount of vacation/personal time. My office had a really good, light environment, but I've heard and seen other offices are pretty cutthroat

Cons

Strictly a numbers game- more calls, more interviews, more money. Very impersonal. Poor management structure, with some unprofessional managers who have worked their way into a life-long role through just sticking around, regardless of their ability. Lots of turnover. Technology is lacking and unreliable. No development/growth opportunities if you get stuck in a recruiting role. Poor benefits.

Keep talent around with incentives rather than threats, and reduce the amount of management. Too many report-to's for such a small group.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Getting off and running in the recruiting business

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Robert Half Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn a great deal about the recruiting business, and get connected with all the best companies in your area. Build up a great network, and help people advance in their careers.

Cons

Can be stressful getting started, and building up a good pipeline.

A little more hands on training would be helpful at times.

Good agency to work for

I have been working at Robert Half Technology

Pros

Benefits
    'Time off'
    Direct recruiter to work with

Cons

Communication with recruiter spotty
    No chance for an increase in pay
    No push from them to job to hire on

The people who work with you to locate a job need to feel invested in. We know that we make you money, pretend you care about us in return.

Great people, but you need to put your time in before making good $$

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

I made some good friends here, and there are some really nice and well-intentioned individuals that want to help you. Very possible to make good money.

Cons

It can be cut throat, and the way the profit earning is structured, the more experienced folks who have been there for a while will always get a larger cut of the deal.

Worst company I have ever worked for in my life.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Greenville, SC

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting salary was ok but decreases as you go.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Unethical practices all around. Churn and burn. I was there for 6 months and was the 3rd longest tenured person in the office of about 25 people when I was "let go". Extremely difficult to build the relationships necessary to be successful in the job because everyone you call has already had bad experiences with them.

Quit posting fake "Ghost Jobs" to try and draw in top talent just so you can turn around and shop them around. Don't have recruiters calling "References" when you could not care less about what they say about the person. You really are just fishing for new busines. Just an absolutly horrible company all around.

A Stuffed Shirt Company

Current Employee - TI Tech  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - TI Tech in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Half Technology as a contractor

Pros

I am sorry. But all I can think of is that they have lots of posting on the job boards. But then I have been trying to use them for some 5 years so far with lack luster results.

Cons

Not returning phone calls.
    Lack of follow through on promises.
    Lack of counseling to worker on job searches.
    Do not narrow cast people's skill sets.
    They carry a little black book on their staff and their work force. (How many black points do you have in this book that the have not tole you about?)
    Very non transparent.
    They do not follow through when a position one has been "submitted for" has been filled.
    Unfortunately this is a typical of the attitude of corporate America. As such it may not affect this companies bottom line.
    Lack of true and honest customer service skills. These are skills that are in stilled in the heart and not just something that is written on a piece of paper ar are a part of a speech.
    Demonstrated lack internet security, with the use of email as a way to pass credentials and verification to reset a users credentials into a data base.

Be leaders, be listeners, do not use matrices for the way you do business or the way you treat people. Employees and clients, (both on the supply and the needs side) are workers made up of people. People with needs, wants, desires, and emotions... Just like you, They deserve every bit of respect and attention for they are the reason you are in business and have the privilege to work where you work. Employees and clients are not to be taken for granted nor are they to be heared like cattle, but to have their needs addressed and taken care of, in order for you to accomplish your company's Mission Statement. Dropping anyone by the wayside, side stepping them, treating them like dead cattle on the trail-side, is a failure on the part of management, for not intervening properly.

Do NOT work with (or for) this recruiting agency. EVER.

Former Employee - Programmer  in  Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Exton, PA

I worked at Robert Half Technology as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I'll get back to you and edit this review when I can find ONE positive thing to say about Robert Half Technology.

Cons

Way too many to list. Their recruiters are incompetent and very unscrupulous human beings. They are notorious for spamming fake job ads on all the major job search sites, in their effort to collect resumes and inflate their databases (but don't most recruiting agencies do this anyway?). Lying is a way of life for them. Some of the recruiters at Robert Half Technology place you in jobs that don't last a day, others don't return phone calls or respond to Emails no matter how often you try to contact them. They have no integrity and are only out to make a quick buck off both candidates and clients. Also notorious for giving Software Engineers tests on how to use Microsoft Office (e.g., how to open a file, how to cut and paste sentence fragments, how to delete columns in an Excel spreadsheet, etc. REALLY?????).

If we the prospective employees had our way, we'd fire everyone (recruiters, business managers, upper management, etc.) currently at Robert Half Technology and hire real people that can deliver real results and help place people in real companies.

Boys Club, Pyramid Scheme.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

A handful of employees have a genuine passion for helping others in their success but it is rare.

Cons

Turnover is disgustingly high. Leadership in the Boston office resembles that of the military. One or two people's success is dangled in front of hungry college grads and a false hope of fortune is ingrained into their heads (similar to brainwashing members of a cult) to work 8-6PM minimum and skip lunch in order to make "6 figures." It's a pyramid scheme. You've been warned. Good luck...

High performers at the company should not be promoted into managerial roles in an effort to keep that ONE person happy. You are losing very passionate, smart, and dedicated employees with a potential to be great sales people & recruiters. Smarten up.

Worked for Robert Half Technology? Contribute to the Community!