Robert Half Technology

Robert Half Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Robert Half Technology Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer, Jr

Harold M. Messmer, Jr

Pros
  • The folks in my particular office were good people, who work their butts off (in 6 reviews)

• This is a good place to learn the business and recruiting, and then get out (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The SOP promotes a hostile/stressful work environment that is clearly visible from the high turnover this company experiences (in 7 reviews)

• Recruiters are at each other's throats competing for the same candidates (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for and make good money!

Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRobert Half Technology provides great training and definitely a place you can grow in your career if you're willing to put in the work.

ConsNo option to telecommute. You must be in the office everyday

Gotta watch em. They're definitely out to make a buck off you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey can get you work supposedly.

ConsThey underpay you and over bill the client. You never know what the client is paying for your services. Since you don't know who is getting what , it's hard to be sure the client is getting a fair deal.

RH Ruined Our Lives

Software Developer (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsPro? There is not one thing positive I can say about this company.

ConsThe worst mistake we made was getting involved with RH! The rep did not care the least little bit about finding a job that was a right fit for my husband and exaggerated his qualifications to the employer. We were not aware of this until after he was let go by the employer after 4 months or not being qualified for the position. All they care about is their commission check. It was because of them my husband was out of work for 2 months while she "claimed" she was looking for work for him. In the meantime, he met with another head hunter from another company and was able to get a job that met his qualifications and is a better fit for him. The worst part? Their health insurance is a joke! Expensive premiums that do not pay for anything!! We were better off being uninsured and paying out of pocket than to use that joke of an insurance. If you are ever contacted by a RH rep, run. Run away as fast as you can. You are better off staying unemployed than to get involved with these disgusting people.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for another job yourselves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cold call to generate new business- meet weekly activity metrics or you're out!

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsFriendly office, decent starting pay, average benefits.

ConsManagement expects that you will develop a book of business over night. Long hours(8-6 mon-fri) with no overtime pay, commissions were paid slowly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time with future employees, put more into training and building the careers of new employees.

Great place to start your career in recruiting / sales

Account Executive (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Pros- Great place to start your career in recruiting / sales. They have a structured activity matrix they hold everyone to. For the most part, if you follow it, you will be successful (depending on who you work for, who your direct boss is, more on this below in the Cons section). But, once you start doing well, you either stay as a lifer, or you move on to a company that pays you more for your talent. You can learn a lot if you are starting out, but my advise is to move on once they have traiined you. Everyone does it and seem to do better elsewhere.
    - Most internal leadership has years of experience in the industry
    - Large company, big name, clients call in sometimes, companies you call sometimes recognize who you are
    - Dispite what some other reviews might say, there are really good people who work there and are really good at what they do, and they have a lot to teach you. I learned a lot from so many people during my time at RHT.
    - Dispite their flaws below, they are a good company with good candidates and they find them for their clients quickly.

Cons- It's a call center feel. Short, small cubicles, noisy, gray, old looking.
    - A lot of turnover in recruiting and sales (for the whole company, not just Technology)
    - You really have to stick around for years to be a top producer, which is tough, because you don't make much beyond your base for the first two years (don't let them tell you it's sooner, it's not). There are really only a couple guys there that make good money in the office.
    - Typical big company beaurocracy stuff to deal with, lots of stupid meetings
    - Local leadership is hit or miss. I keep in touch with folks there and the stories are sad really, leaders stealing credit from lower ranking folks. All internal BS sounds like.

Advice to Senior Management- Promote leaders who are ethical and are great leaders, not just one or the other.
    - Take a serious look at who your Sr managers are, some are really compete idiots who do not represent you well at all. The things they are allowed to say and do on and off the court does not bode well for external brand impressions. Not going to name names, but I think if the Sr mgt had to pick, they would all agree on who I was referring to.

Did not work on my behalf to find a good fit

Temp Work (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsThey eventually got me into a temp position that I turned into a full-time hire on my own merit.

ConsI first came to Robert Half looking for basic entry-level work in the IT field. I brought about 6 years experience in the corporate and customer help desk field. The recruiter at Robert Half I interviewed with completely disregarded me. After an interview with her, I never heard another word from her. I got numerous data entry jobs from other recruiters at Robert Half, but nothing in the field I was looking for. This was complaint number one.

When I did get a (data entry) job, half the time they would have me agree to one wage, then a few days before the assignment, I would get a call saying the wage was even lower, and get me to agree to that. For one particular job, when I got my first paycheck the wage was even lower than the most recently agreed wage.

I considered these to be very dishonest practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't do the things listed in the cons section.

Great experience and leadership

Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsManagement and trainers demonstrated very high levels of proficiency in sales and staffing and made it very clear that hard work would pay off, but it would take awhile to build a foundation.

ConsCould be cut-throat, but that was to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps a mentorship or sponsorship program of some sort so non-management or less junior employees can have the opportunity to grow themselves and help new employees grow. Under supervision of course.

Fun and fast-paced work environment with strong earnings potential

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsFast paced environment. Every day is different. Good base, with lots of bonus potential. This is the type of work in which the harder you work, the more money you can make. My co-workers are great. We work very hard, but we also play hard. This work is very competitive, but if you can make it, it is worth it. I have worked at other staffing firms in the past, and I truly feel now that I am with RHT, I am with the best in the industry. We are extremely competitive in the market, and I am confident in my colleagues and management team that we will always win business with our relationships and strong candidates. This is a great opportunity for someone who is willing to work hard, constantly improve, and push themselves.

ConsAs with any office, there are always politics, but for the most part everything is pretty transparent. You are measured by the numbers and sometimes numbers don't lie.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in developing your employees and rewarding them for their success in order to retain top performers.

Lots of room for growth

Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsYour salary is uncapped.
    Depending on where you work, you will be learning from the top performers in the company. Can't really beat that.
    There is tons of room for upward and lateral mobility. I have been promoted 3 times since I started here 2 years ago. The growth doesn't have to mean management roles if you aren't interested; there are different roles for top performers as well.

ConsIn the beginning, the role requires a significant time contribution, and lots of hard work. This is why most people don't last - they don't want to put the work in.

Company is large, so changes take time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your employees know they're appreciated - some of us look for more than a paycheck to feel successful!

Voted by employees as the worst place to work.

Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsNone. NOTHING NICE TO SAY ABOUT THEM

ConsWay too many to list.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET RID OF EM!

Worked for Robert Half Technology? Contribute to the Community!