www.robertwalters.com

Updated December 6, 2014
3.6

Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters

Pros
  • There is a good training programme in place, especially for people new to recruitment, which helps ease the process (in 5 reviews)

• Team based structure, so very little of the backstabbing that happens at a lot of firms (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Very long hours- expect to be working til midnight Monday to Friday, weekends etc (in 5 reviews)

• As with most sales roles, one has to sacrifice work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

limitless opportunities if your prepared to put the work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Robert Walters are a growing business and as such have a lot of opportunities for those willing to put in the hours. I like the fact the business is global, and that there are opportunities to travel and work with different cultures (like Japan for example). Overall I have found the business to be supportive and my career has certainly benefited from my time here.

Cons

Its recruitment - that means the hours are long (but not as long as some of the recruitment companies I have worked for) and there can be a lot of pressure. That means its not for everyone, but for those that enjoy the challenge its a head and shoulders above the competition.

keep on going as you are!

Great company with the best people and reputation

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The most important thing about this company is the people who work here. My colleagues are one of the reasons I have stayed here for such a long time (eight years). I work with ex-industry professionals, recruitment experts and people who genuinely enjoy what they do. Given the legacy Robert Walters has built, you have access to the widest range of clients, the best candidates and a great infrastructure which has been built to maximise your potential.

Cons

The hours can be long but that is an industry-wide issue.

Collaborative, Entrepreneurial Working Environment With Long Term Career Development Opportunities

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The business is focused on developing and promoting long term careers but organically growing their management team from within. The team based approach create a collegiate working environment that is rare in wider the recruitment industry.
    Robert Walters hires top quality staff and working with industry leaders makes you continually challenge yourself and develop your skills.
    The meritocratic approach to developing people means that ambition is fostered and not blocked.

Cons

The working hours are long and clearly defined. There could be a shorter working hour definition to allow for people who need to travel to and from work.

Continue to look to identify and develop top performers not just from a billings perspective, but people who can be long term business leaders for the group. Make sure that senior management are visible and approachable to all levels of staff to ensure that staff feel that they understand and empathize with their challenges.

This is an outstanding firm to work for, where I really feel supported and pushed to reach my careers goals.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great salary; above market rate. Supportive line managers. Pro-active approach to client development. Culture is very much one where you enjoy being at work - overall fantastic people who really love what they do.

Cons

Training is a bit sink or swim, but mentoring is in place to help you feel supported

More woman in senior positions.

A great place to work, great environment, working with fun, hardworking people and good salary

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-what you put into the work you get out of it
    -team based environment
    -international opportunities
    -good location of office

Cons

-time management
    -missing targets/deadlines
    -sometimes the hours can be long but it's all about your working style and how effective you are managing things

Continue what you are doing, keeping a positive attitude by motivating people

Great people, hard work, good times.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people at Robert Walters are what makes them the best. Great fun with a healthy and fun bit of banter and competitiveness, which always pushes you to be the best you can be. Its a fun, fast paced environment. Working with the best in Japan is very inspiring as a newer consultant. Great training and support from management. If you do well, great financial benefits and good career opportunities, in Japan and internationally.

Cons

Quite process driven, which is good for learning the ropes and developing as a consultant.
    Hard work and very target driven, but good rewards when you hit/exceed targets.

Lots of growth and opportunity in a fun environment

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaborative environment with individual and team goals
    Great managers who are available and helpful
    Fast paced office
    Fun team members and work events
    Ambition and tenacity are rewarded
    Corporate perks with a start-up feel
    No politics in this office
    Opportunity to work in international offices is very cool
    Diverse group of people!

Cons

Hours can be long but the return on the hours is directly correlated to your success so it's an individual decision

401K match

Great training ground and support

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides intensive training in all aspects of recruitment - from candidate and client management right down to writing job ads and database management. I have learnt so much here and the support systems have been equally impressive - from IT to Marketing to team support. Best part of this company would be its strong brand - it has helped open a lot of doors and opprtunities for me.

Cons

There is a constant expectation to perform and achieve targets - which I guess is part of sales. The company can also do better in terms of staff benefits, which may not be as competitive as some of the MNCs I have worked in before.

Focus on staff retention and consider improving staff benefits - beyond just sales incentives and the typical remuneration. The company is already a leader in the recruitment space and would definitely benefit by being innovative in designing unique reward systems and lead the industry with a highly competitive package - setting high standards for others to follow like what Google and LinkedIn have done.

Working as Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Professional, Cool. learn a lot

Cons

stress, pressure, you know when you set target high, its tiered

Really grateful for the IT Team

I worked at Robert Walters

Pros

Boosted my English, dress sense and taught me how to work hard and play hard. Jeffrey Goh is one of the best managers I've ever worked with!

Cons

It can get stressful due to high expectations so your work performance really depends on how resilient you are in succeeding.

Perhaps have more soft skill training for all employees

Robert Walters Photos