Robert Walters Reviews

Reset
3.6
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters

Pros
  • There is a good training programme in place, especially for people new to recruitment, which helps ease the process (in 5 reviews)

• Team based structure, so very little of the backstabbing that happens at a lot of firms (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours- working in sales means in many respects you have to be 'in it; to win it' (in 5 reviews)

• As with most sales roles, one has to sacrifice work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Fantastic new starter process and professionalism from start to finish during the interviews.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Walters

Pros

Great team environment that is refreshing in the recruitment industry. Genuine specialist professionals who care about their job and the candidates they are working with. Fantastic office culture with enough of a work life balance.

Cons

Like any sales/ recruitment role you have good and bad days. The best thing is to communicate with your manager and take advice where needed during the troughs.

Advice to Management

Very impressed by the recruitment process and induction. Having run my own business for 5 years I was pleased to see a business that cared so much about it's new starters.

2. Un potentiel mal exploité

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Autonomie forte du métier qui fonctionne sur les résultats produits et qui s'acquiert avec le temps et la confiance hiérarchique. Une politique de frais professionnels orientée vers les clients / candidats qui permet de contribuer à la qualité du travail du consultant. Des locaux bien agencés et bien situés dans Paris.

Cons

Climat de travail pseudo élitiste avec des collaborateurs relativement hautains sur certaines divisions. Un manque d'harmonisation sur les salaires à l'entrée du métier. Un vrai problème de communication interne où les collaborateurs sont livrés à eux même pour rechercher les informations pertinentes. Un CE peu efficace (une vente au semestre de place de cinémas...). Des personnalités superficielles et creuses et un manque assez flagrant d'esprit collectif et d'engagement. Des collaborateurs qui n'apportent aucune valeur ajoutée sont titularisés au sein du cabinet pour des raisons de jeu de pouvoir et d'alliances... Une hérésie!

Advice to Management

Recruter des collaborateurs pour leurs potentiels d'évolution et leurs valeurs plutôt que de s'attacher au pedigree personnel ou prestige d'un diplôme. Travailler la communication interne sur un format plus authentique. Reconnaître le mérite non pas sur la base de réalisations en valeurs absolues mais plutôt sur la régularité des flux et des performances. Il n'y a pas de ligne directrice ni de stratégie établie. Aucun travail de fond sur les valeurs de l'entreprise... Ne parlons pas de marque employeur!

3. Generally Professional

Former Employee - Team Support in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Support in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good industry knowledge & candidate knowledge between some senior consultants. Management generally enjoy good relationships with their direct reports. Encouragement to build relationships longitudinally, with resources allocated to foster business relationships. Modern facilities.

Cons

Ineffective back office outsourcing program - resulted in local job loss and increased work load for retained staff. Severe gaps in due diligence and compliance monitoring. Software packages are outdated, office equipment is 'economical'. Prevailing sexist culture.

Advice to Management

Foster stronger industry knowledge in consultants. Direct more revenue into updating tools and retaining a competitive advantage in systems. Discourage practices of speculative CV mailers that ultimately damaged brand reputation.

Sociable atmosphere, but the atmosphere is a bit "UKIP" and the work wasn't for me

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good sales training; industry fee structure rewards ambitious people; very sociable

Cons

The "UKIP" atmosphere mentioned - a lot of emphasis placed on accents etc. The work itself could also be fairly mundane - the "sales" element only really comes into play when persuading a candidate to take a job offer. This possibly accounts for 5% of the job at a junior level.

6. Consultant

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office. Good database full of candidates and clients.

Cons

The majority of the money you make for the company goes to stupid things like TVs and robots rather than paying the consultants better bonuses. There is NO transparency. Company is very political and managers speak down to you and treats you more like a money making machine.

Advice to Management

Listen to your consultants more. Why do you think all the good consultants have left or leaving?

Jul 28, 2015

Thanks for getting in touch and leaving a review. I’m genuinely sad to read your response and would like to let you know, as I tell everyone, my door is always open for yourself or anyone within ... More

7. Okay

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally friendly and warm environment A rather mature environment: Consultants are given high autonomy to run their desks Quite reasonable KPI in general The pay is okay. Not as high as commission houses but definitely higher than the major competitor Michael Page Decent brand name especially for MNC clients Good company culture

Cons

Market split may not be fair among consultants in some teams. This is part of the reasons why the turnover rate is not low even the company culture is good. Good for experienced recruiters to join but may not be the best place for fresh graduates.

Advice to Management

In general they have done a good job but to keep the company running in a good shape and to accelerate the performance further, reducing the turnover rate is a big task. It's important to make sure the market split among consultants is fair. If not, people would eventually leave and it's hard to judge if the consultants are performing or not given the market split is unfair.

8. Manager

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Good training in place More or less a fool proof system to be successful and make placements Due to the size of the business a lot of opportunity to move upwards in the business.

Cons

Mechanical, by-the-book approach to everything Very KPI driven, even with older and more experienced consultants who know what they're doing little room for proactivity or creativity

Advice to Management

With junior staff it's fine to take a directive approach, but once people have been in the business for a while give them enough space.

Jul 28, 2015 – Global HR Director

Thank you for getting in touch. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and we take all employee feedback very seriously. It’s great to hear your positive comments around our training ... More

9. Great place to start out of uni

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

A great company to join when looking for a role straight out of uni. Training is absolutely superb & plenty going on socially.

Cons

A bit too KPI focussed. Some rather inflated egos too.

Jun 29, 2015 – Global HR Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re very pleased to hear your positive comments around our training and that you enjoyed the social side of the business. We strive to ... More

10. Senior Consultant

I have been working at Robert Walters

Pros

Strong contact to the top management. Possibility to grow.

Cons

Enviroment of the Office is not really good.

Jun 15, 2015 – Global HR Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re very pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding the opportunities to grow within the company - we have a strong culture of ... More

Generally good

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters

Pros

Decent salary and benefits, many opportunities to attend events and meetings, good work environment. Energetic, fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere

Cons

Back office were not treated with respect as sales people. A lot of phone calls which can make it very noisy environment. Heavy work load.

Jun 29, 2015 – Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you were happy with our salary and benefits package and enjoyed the working ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed