Roberts Marketing Group

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Dan J. Roberts

1. Good so Far! - 2 Months In.

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group

Pros

Environment, hours, and management style! I worked at the Pisa Group for almost a year and had several people quit to come here so eventually I did the same. I was impressed with the environment as I figured it would all be hype but it’s actually really cool. Very different than the call centers I’ve worked in before, you can’t rush with these people because they are seniours so nobody is standing over you all the time.

I’m on the marketing side and don’t get me wrong you have to work or things can go south quick and that’s what I see with some people that just come in and try to do nothing all day. I’ve only been here for about 2 months but everyone one that I started with but two people are still here so the turn over rate can’t be as bad as some of the recent reviews say it is, especially since my class had 14 people in it.

Bonus structure is simple, you get 15 dollars for each transfer that sales. The more you average the more you get. You get 25 dollars for each one if you average over 10 sales a week. Not everybody does that but there are quite a few. Some of these reviews are just crazy and so far I can’t buy into many of them with what I’ve seen. It’s impossible to not bonus even if your brand new and I say that because I’m just out of training by about 3 weeks so some of these people are just negative and chances are that’s why they are not here. The people here seem to be pretty tight and don’t deel with a lot of drama

Cons

Make breaks longer and lunch shorter. Like two 20 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch instead of an hour. I smoke and since you have to smoke in your car, it’s hard to do in 10 min.

I read the reiview about parking and it’s no different than any other place who has a lot of people. Get there late and you gotta walk further. This is why I think some of these people just like to complain! Lol. Parking? This placed used to be a mall so there is kinda plenty of it! Lol.

2. horrible company

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group

Pros

Hours are reasonable, no nights or weekends.

Cons

poor management, not honest people

May 27, 2015recruiter

We appreciate your review and feedback regarding your experience with our company - even if it was not a great one. While your comments were absent in detail we certainly understand that this ... More

3. Don't believe the Hype the turn over rate is insane!

Former Employee - Pre Qualifier On Fast Track to Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Pre Qualifier On Fast Track to Closer in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The process of getting hot leads are great.
    The work hours are mon- fri and you get off by 2pm on a fri and off every weekend is great..
    Most of management is nice.

Cons

As a pre qualifier you get bonus based on the closer sells end; beware not all closer can close deals which leaves you with a light check.
    As a pre qualifier you make 200-257 calls a day with a horrible bonus scale leaving you feeling robbed do to the low closing rate that will make you sick when it should be a close deal.
    You cant get your pay check or paycheck stub until the end of the day, because they do mess up sometimes.
    They have fave that get better leads then other people, that they promote as top earner, as if it is all skill the leads would sell them self's.
    I ask about benefits and got the run around, its just to many smoke and mirrors.
    Its a reason why they run ads on craigslist all the time its not because of growth its the turnover rate.
    Also parking is a joke.

Advice to Management

Better bonus structure for pre qualifiers.
    Also 10 min breaks are a joke when your force to take a hour lunch, which could be cut down to 45 mins and then giving long break time just give people a choice that all.

Feb 3, 2015recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Leads are developed and sent by pre-qualifiers to closers, as you said. Sometimes you may send one to a closer who is new and in training and may not ... More

Good Sales Gig!

Current Employee - Inbound Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Inbound Closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've done a lot of different sales jobs over the years, outside sales, inside sales b2b, car sales, pharma sales, you name it and most of them are not what they are cracked up to be!!! To be frank I thought the same thing about RMG until I started working here 4 months ago. I interviewed for the Sales position and was made an offer with a 2,000 base plus bonuses. I thought training was good but very different, it made sense in the end because you are working with seniors and the approach is not the normal type of sales and that's something I had to get used too! The environment and management style they talk about is exactly the way it is, it's very energetic and they like to have some fun anytime they can. We just had a chili cook off and a Halloween contest for Halloween and it seems like they do a lot of stuff like that. My biggest fear was the bonus part because of what I've been sold on before and luckily this comp plan is very simple. I did start off a little slow because I am used to more aggressive type of sales but last month was better and this month is looking pretty good so far. There are a few younger girls here that seem to be killing it and making some really good money, like 85 90 thousand from what I've seen on the boards. Little hard on the ego for my experience but I made around 5k last month with bonus so cant complain with being fairly new. Turnover seems low atleast with my training class and they've been bring in people so it does seem like we are getting bigger. Overall very happy with my decision, very little negatives behind it so far.

Cons

Only hard part for me was getting used to building a ton of rapport. Sometimes I would forget what I was doing and then struggle to get back on track. The training is longer than normal so you don't make quick money but when you hit the phones you realize why training was long. It's not that it's super hard, just different if your not used to a lot of rapport building and longer phone calls. Truly gotta kill them with kindness here which is better then being pushy i guess!!

Advice to Management

If there was a way to shorten training so that you could bonus quicker that would be cool. Probably wouldn't of helped me but maybe some others that are more used to call center stuff.

6. Don't waste your time.

Former Employee - Pre Closer in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Pre Closer in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice that I worked with, floor management are not bad people, some seem very stressed.

Cons

I was reading a Roberts response to a negative review which by the way the negative review was pretty spot on. In the Roberts response they state that everyone now bonuses which is not entirely true AT ALL and the bonus is not very much even if you kill it on the "Pre Closer" side. Base pay at $10 an hour is not aggressive at all considering the mind numbing job of speaking to old people that are financially challenged about insurance. Beware of jobs that have to sell you on how great the opportunity is, if this is the case it is usually a stinker like this is.

Advice to Management

Stop blowing smoke and really get aggressive; now that would be $15 an hour plus bonus.

7. NEW PAY PLAN IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think I speak for most people that work here when I say that we love the people and the environment here but the base pay was just too low! Doing telemarketing is pretty tough but the people here and the people you get to talk to are super fun to be around so I stuck it out longer than a lot of people. Now as the company seems to have grown quite a bit they just changed the pay plan to really start keeping and attracting more people! Now it’s a $10.00 base pay plus the same bonus structure as before so it’s WAY BETTER... Every sale you get bonused so no quotas. They made this retro active so everybody who works here on the marketing side just got a 2 dollar an hour raise! This is pretty sweet because as I mentioned the job and the environement itself is really good, just the pay was kinda low! Now I should average around 13 bucks an hour with bonus and with no weekends and getting out early on Fridays, it’s sweet since I have a little girl! Anybody I talked to about working here before I would tell them that I really like my job but have tempted to leave due to pay but now that my base is 10 an hour and I still get the same bonuses it makes a huge different especially being a single mother. Thanks RMG!

Cons

Get a better benefits like 401k, dental. Insurance here is ok but having 401k dental and stuff like that would be better.

Lets Be Real

Current Employee - Licensed Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Licensed Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE ENVIRONMENT! Good music playing, management is easy to work with, and co workers are fun to be around. Off early on Fridays and get an hour lunch everyday. This is the only telemarketing job that Ive ever had that I got off at 4:45 everyday and off at 2 on Fridays.

New comp plan was nice to see, all sales are bonused now.

Cons

Can be boring job at times. Reading the same script over and over becomes uneventful. No one is interested in hearing what you have to say and you try to convince them otherwise.

Advice to Management

Increase base pay for people who have been there longer than a year. Have leadership training for aspiring managers, and set a road-map for those who want to get into management.

Getting better

Current Employee - Precloser in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Precloser in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours, environment and staff are all super great! Very nice and friendly people here. Ive worked her for 8 months and the only thing negative i could say is that the bonuses are a little hard to reach. It makes you think your doing a bad job sometimes becuase there are people that somehow hit bonus every week but i don't know how! The good thing is that i think people have complained about it enough that they made some changes in how the pay works... Now each person will bonus no matter what, no qoutas to hit bonus. every transfer i send over that gets sold is 15 bucks.. Then if i do good and average over 6 a week i get 20 for each one. I think 10 a week is 25. I havent average over 10 a week but 6 is not bad. Very happy about change because i enjoy working here and now I'm making more money!

Cons

cell phone rule. i think its becuase they have to get personal info from the clients on the sales side so cant have phones.

Advice to Management

make changes quicker. Ive seen a lot of people quit but now i think more will stay with the new pay plan. I think the sales side has a new plan too. Not 100 percent sure how it works but i think its better than before from what ive heard.

10. Let's tell it like it really is!

Former Employee - Marketer "Pre-Closer" in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Marketer "Pre-Closer" in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the poor people working there and I mean that in both ways, were nice to work with.

Cons

ON THE MARKERING SIDE "Pre- closers". Robert's pay structure is pathetic. Their excuse is they designed it in such a way to weed out the poor producers. Well it isn't designed for the good producers either. Boring job, calling on Poor seniors to get them to speak to someone about life insurance, a lot of them have been called many times from Robert's Marketing throughout the day. Their "Closers" determine the whether the "Pre-Closers" get a bonus or not, they must sell the transfer in order to receive bonus. We did not have a lot of confidence in them. Oh and the leave early on Friday is well deserved because of all of the extra hours you put in on Monday through Thursday. My advice to you if your looking for a job look elsewhere this not a keeper.

Advice to Management

Devise a pay plan that pays your producers well. LOL they are to cheap for that.

Sep 11, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your candid review… it provides us the opportunity to assess our programs/processes for possible improvements. I’m not sure how long ago you worked here, but a new compensation plan ... More

If it seems to good to be true it really is.

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many, The hours being weekends off and off at 2 of Fridays. If you can handle working for bare pay it's an easy job. Leadership is good. 1 hour lunch breaks.

Cons

A perfect sales pitch is given to all new hires. Making it sound like the job of a lifetime and making it like you won the lottery! Only to be realized that a very small portion of there staff has been there for at least 6 months. Most start in the Telemarketing side vs Sales. The bonus structure looks to be amazing. But in reality very few hit Bonus. So what do you have for job security? A 8.00 an hour job that suppose to be the most aggressive pay structure in the industry. LOL! Wow are they idiots. I will say that everyone in there leadership could sell a pen to a lot of people even if they would never use it. They all know each other and are in the positions for a reason. The company is all talk. Sure it's really easy to laugh and joke and clap at your Pre Closers cause your not making $8.00 an hour. It's like they have a Family of Chiefs running the place. What most will say after working there the first few weeks. What did I get myself into? To wrap up this. Overall if you need a job and are willing to stick it out for no matter how low of pay. Then Roberts may be a good fit for you. But overall can you say Capital SCAM!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Quit BS'ing new staff and promising that you will make as much money as possible. Be more honest and open to how it all works. And being truthful that not many do bonus and a lot of times you will be making a low wage. It's really insulting to see you hype up a Company and exaggerate it's potential. Mr.Roberts and Mrs.Roberts do seem like decent people. But pay your workers a living wage. Turnover will never slow down if you don't make the right changes and be more open and honest.

Aug 12, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your review. We read all reviews for any constructive criticism that is offered, so we can evaluate our business from the first line employee’s perspective. Your review along with ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed