Roberts Marketing Group

Updated September 23, 2014
3.2

Dan J. Roberts
1 Rating

NEW PAY PLAN IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think I speak for most people that work here when I say that we love the people and the environment here but the base pay was just too low! Doing telemarketing is pretty tough but the people here and the people you get to talk to are super fun to be around so I stuck it out longer than a lot of people. Now as the company seems to have grown quite a bit they just changed the pay plan to really start keeping and attracting more people! Now it’s a $10.00 base pay plus the same bonus structure as before so it’s WAY BETTER... Every sale you get bonused so no quotas. They made this retro active so everybody who works here on the marketing side just got a 2 dollar an hour raise! This is pretty sweet because as I mentioned the job and the environement itself is really good, just the pay was kinda low! Now I should average around 13 bucks an hour with bonus and with no weekends and getting out early on Fridays, it’s sweet since I have a little girl! Anybody I talked to about working here before I would tell them that I really like my job but have tempted to leave due to pay but now that my base is 10 an hour and I still get the same bonuses it makes a huge different especially being a single mother. Thanks RMG!

Cons

Get a better benefits like 401k, dental. Insurance here is ok but having 401k dental and stuff like that would be better.

Getting better

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours, environment and staff are all super great! Very nice and friendly people here. Ive worked her for 8 months and the only thing negative i could say is that the bonuses are a little hard to reach. It makes you think your doing a bad job sometimes becuase there are people that somehow hit bonus every week but i don't know how! The good thing is that i think people have complained about it enough that they made some changes in how the pay works... Now each person will bonus no matter what, no qoutas to hit bonus. every transfer i send over that gets sold is 15 bucks.. Then if i do good and average over 6 a week i get 20 for each one. I think 10 a week is 25. I havent average over 10 a week but 6 is not bad. Very happy about change because i enjoy working here and now I'm making more money!

Cons

cell phone rule. i think its becuase they have to get personal info from the clients on the sales side so cant have phones.

make changes quicker. Ive seen a lot of people quit but now i think more will stay with the new pay plan. I think the sales side has a new plan too. Not 100 percent sure how it works but i think its better than before from what ive heard.

Lets Be Real

Current Employee - Licensed Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group part-time (more than an year)

Pros

THE ENVIRONMENT! Good music playing, management is easy to work with, and co workers are fun to be around. Off early on Fridays and get an hour lunch everyday. This is the only telemarketing job that Ive ever had that I got off at 4:45 everyday and off at 2 on Fridays.

New comp plan was nice to see, all sales are bonused now.

Cons

Can be boring job at times. Reading the same script over and over becomes uneventful. No one is interested in hearing what you have to say and you try to convince them otherwise.

Increase base pay for people who have been there longer than a year. Have leadership training for aspiring managers, and set a road-map for those who want to get into management.

Let's tell it like it really is!

Former Employee - Marketer "Pre-Closer" in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Marketer "Pre-Closer" in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the poor people working there and I mean that in both ways, were nice to work with.

Cons

ON THE MARKERING SIDE "Pre- closers". Robert's pay structure is pathetic. Their excuse is they designed it in such a way to weed out the poor producers. Well it isn't designed for the good producers either. Boring job, calling on Poor seniors to get them to speak to someone about life insurance, a lot of them have been called many times from Robert's Marketing throughout the day. Their "Closers" determine the whether the "Pre-Closers" get a bonus or not, they must sell the transfer in order to receive bonus. We did not have a lot of confidence in them. Oh and the leave early on Friday is well deserved because of all of the extra hours you put in on Monday through Thursday. My advice to you if your looking for a job look elsewhere this not a keeper.

Devise a pay plan that pays your producers well. LOL they are to cheap for that.

Sep 11, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your candid review… it provides us the opportunity to assess our programs/processes for possible improvements. I’m not sure how long ago you worked here, but a new compensation plan ... More

If it seems to good to be true it really is.

Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not many, The hours being weekends off and off at 2 of Fridays. If you can handle working for bare pay it's an easy job. Leadership is good. 1 hour lunch breaks.

Cons

A perfect sales pitch is given to all new hires. Making it sound like the job of a lifetime and making it like you won the lottery! Only to be realized that a very small portion of there staff has been there for at least 6 months. Most start in the Telemarketing side vs Sales. The bonus structure looks to be amazing. But in reality very few hit Bonus. So what do you have for job security? A 8.00 an hour job that suppose to be the most aggressive pay structure in the industry. LOL! Wow are they idiots. I will say that everyone in there leadership could sell a pen to a lot of people even if they would never use it. They all know each other and are in the positions for a reason. The company is all talk. Sure it's really easy to laugh and joke and clap at your Pre Closers cause your not making $8.00 an hour. It's like they have a Family of Chiefs running the place. What most will say after working there the first few weeks. What did I get myself into? To wrap up this. Overall if you need a job and are willing to stick it out for no matter how low of pay. Then Roberts may be a good fit for you. But overall can you say Capital SCAM!!!!!!!

Quit BS'ing new staff and promising that you will make as much money as possible. Be more honest and open to how it all works. And being truthful that not many do bonus and a lot of times you will be making a low wage. It's really insulting to see you hype up a Company and exaggerate it's potential. Mr.Roberts and Mrs.Roberts do seem like decent people. But pay your workers a living wage. Turnover will never slow down if you don't make the right changes and be more open and honest.

Aug 12, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your review. We read all reviews for any constructive criticism that is offered, so we can evaluate our business from the first line employee’s perspective. Your review along with ... More

Opportunity to make money when the job market is sluggish.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Need a job to gain income, great place to start.

Cons

Monotonous, boring and uneventful at times.

No advice because it's their business with opportunities for advancement that has been thought through.

Horrible

Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can not think of any!

Cons

It's a minimum wage job that they sell as way more than it is, they set goals that are not attainable on the cold call side and on the underwriter side they have you beating up low income seniors...had a manager tell me that if I didn't cry or make someone cry everyday I wasn't doing my job...when I realized I would rather drive off the road then go to work, I turned my car around and never went back!

Quit thumping the bible and saying what good people the owners are, it's just shy of a scam if they gave a damn they would give a base pay people could live on! When I quit I was the only one left from my training class they don't care just do another hiring fair and get a new herd of cattle

Aug 12, 2014recruiter

Thank you for your review and input. We realize that this form of sales is not for everyone. Being a compassionate and caring sales person who can still build the value of the product and provide ... More

AWESOME PEOPLE!

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment here is really cool! I worked at a few telemarketing jobs before that were very ugggh...I've worked here for about 8 months and have loved it so far. They do lots of contest and little games to keep the day going and to keep it fresh. Best thing i like is the schedule. i've never had a job that i got off at 2 on Fridays and never had to work weekends or late nights. Hour lunch to boot so plenty of time to eat. They seem very big on keeping the enrionment the way it is and seems to be working becuase they are expanding into a new part of the building.

Cons

Zero! I don't have any negatives to working here but this thing is making me put at least 20 words in this box.! Makes no sense to have to say something negative!

Should have a big company get together more often. Last one was very fun.

Good Core Values and no DRAMA

Current Employee - Home Based in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Home Based in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of these negative reviews are just crazy!!! It's unfortunate that they don't respond back to some of these rants..I understand different strokes for different folks but some of these are a little one sided.

I worked for RMG for almost a year before I had to move and I really like it. They have two divisions of their company, a local and a national part. When I moved, since I was more than 60 miles away they let me interview for the home based position, and luckily I was accepted! I was floored to be able to do that and it made my move much less stressful. I was in the telemarketing side for about half the time there and then the sales side the rest. Both sides have good management and are very motivational. Ramiz is the marketing manager and did pump ups every morning to get you laughing and awake with his goofy jokes but it really did work. I still work from home under their umbrella and like it but i do miss working with people. For a company this size, they didn't have any drama which Very shocking to me!!

even though I am a few states away i still speak with management on the regular and they make sure i have what i need to make money!

Overall i was very happy working in the call center and I'm appreciatie them letting me work from home and having my own business..

Cons

NONE!! Unless you are a smoker...then you have to smoke in your car i think. Not sure if they changed that or not since i've been gone.

Keep doing what your doing!

Best Company I've Ever Worked For!

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Roberts Marketing Group has been by far the best company I have ever worked for. The training is stellar, the product is great, and the leads are live transferred directly to you. I have grown more as a person here than in any other position I have ever held.

The managers know you by name and get to you know you on a personal basis. Most companies of this size simple do not do that!

Cons

Absolutely no celll phones and you must smoke in your car. All the managers hold employees to this standard so even if you are close to any of them, they simply do not tolerate having your cell phone on you or smoking anywhere outside of your personal vehicle.

Designate area outside for smokers. 10 minute break is too short to use restroom, check phone, and smoke cigarette.

Roberts Marketing Group Photos