Robins & Morton

Updated Mar 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Morton

One of the best places to work!

ProsGreat benefits, 100% 401k match, and a family environment. Awesome hours not a lot of overtime. Decent raises and bonuses.

ConsCommunication is lacking and management doesn't always fit the roles that are needed. Some employees need to have more respect for each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate, not all can read minds.

interesting

Crane Operator (Current Employee)

Prosthe check did not bounce

Consmanagement has many petty issues

Field Engineer

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsA lot of responsibility, Great Benefits and Salary, Challenging industry (healthcare)

ConsBe Prepared to move anywhere in the U.S., Lots of long hours (7 days a week)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat leadership and opportunities. Great mix of diversity of employees across all ages and experiences. Mentorship is strong relative to inside training programs and outside training budget.

ConsAdvancing technology implementation. Typically, large construction companies are slow to progress away from conventional construction practices. The company has great initiative to move forward yet seems a bit slow to accept change.

Advice to Senior ManagementAggressively move the technology curve forward

They are a company that is driven to get the job done at all cost, even if that means your home life suffers.

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsLiving allowance, benefits, $600 for trip home every 6 months, performance reviews every 6 months, pay for moves.

ConsYou work 12 hour days and weekends. Operation side never takes corp holidays. You have vacation time you will never be able to use.

Overall, pretty good.

Co-Op (Former Employee)

ProsGood atmosphere amongst fellow employees. Management creates a good training program. Unlimited work hours. Macro management.

ConsSeemed to be a down year for them, future opportunities might be limited. Sometimes details weren't communicated that effected work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication could be better.

I love working here. R&M wasn't my first employer but will be my last.

ProsFamily oriented company with a great atmosphere to work in. I enjoy going to work each day and work with people I consider friends.

ConsRobins & Morton is growing very fast and adjusting to not knowing everyone is an adjustment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove the open door policy.

Robins and Morton

Estimator (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsGood Benefits, Enjoy the Projects I work on

ConsManagement is not open and honest, moral is bad, dissatisfied with culture - not employee centered

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest open with employees, invest in your employees - you will make a nice return on them; spend more wisely on business development - it does not put you in a good light with your emplyees

family oriented, integrity driven company that values employees and progressive thinking

ProsRobins & Morton is family oriented company with an established history and a solid company culture. The company values progressive thinking in their people and is extremely client focused. Quality work is a priority and supported through a comprehensive internal training program. The company offers outstanding benefits, including great health insurance and a generous 401K.

ConsSometimes the company operates very "lean" which can potentially put a strain on departments and individuals. Also, communication from senior management throughout the company could be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest over communicating to employees so that company news, goals, etc. is clearly and consistently disseminated throughout organization.

Worked for Robins & Morton? Contribute to the Community!