Robinson Helicopter

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frank D. Robinson

Working for Robinson Helicopter was great i go back if they call me back.

Q A Records/I D Inspector (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsRobinson Helicopter is a great company to work for. So many opportunity and they have great benefits. And they will train you if its needed. You get two raises every six months.

ConsThe only thing i can say is that about the company is there could be more over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was good, i have no advice for them....if its not broken leave it alone.

filing work orders

QA File Clerk (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

Proseasy job with great pay.

Consboring work environment. usually work solo

Advice to Senior Managementfire the ladies in quality assurance

They hire to lay off people

Stock Clerk (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsOkay benefits and every Friday you get pay.

ConsI didn't like working here, they are too strict to be honest. Every time the bell rings it means: get to work, break, get back to work, lunch, get back to work, break, get back to work, go home. I was always on time, worked overtime, never call sick, and some supervisors said that I was a good worker, however I think because I was the new guy there they let me go. No warning of anything, after lunch I got laid off. I don't understand why they hire people and then lay them off. Robinson has a reputation of doing that. I took my chances but thanks God I have a Plan B in case I was lay off.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of their supervisors are slow and I heard you don't get promote unless you know someone in the upper positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of advancement oportunities...

Prosgood benefits and pay review every 6 months

ConsLack of management knowledge in faa compliance and procedures. Management is worried about the frivolous matters instead of what need to be taken care of promptly.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get management properly trained in faa compliance and procedures. Have properly certified knowledgeable trainers. It looks really bad for company when a person who is being trained is has more knowledge of what is supposed to be done to be approved and certified for flight.

A job not a Career

Test Pilot (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsGood Product and some good people. A bunch of different positions for all education and skill levels. The company is thriving and has a monopoly on the light helicopter market.

ConsLarge company run like a mom and pop shop. Very high school like, (bells ring at breaks and lunch) treated like a child.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd value to your employes and it adds value to your company. Test pilots should be payed more closely to industry standard.

Great place to work, too many lay offs

ProsA lot to learn here

ConsNot a lot of room to grow

busy place

Prosreuired 45 hours per week

Conswork is very repetive more variation needed

Advice to Senior Managementgreat place to work if you like being focused on your job all day and want to work in a factory 45 hrs per week

Worked for Robinson Helicopter? Contribute to the Community!