Roche Reviews

590 reviews filtered by
3.9
Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan

Pros
  • Roche has excellent benefits, makes a profit consistently and has a great work life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Good Benefits, Salary was somewhat above average for industry (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Tracking of time spent on projects and work-life balance a low consideration (in 17 reviews)

• Senior management is terrible- employee reviews are terrible and highlight significant issues (in 13 reviews)

1. Great Company to Work for!

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. Work life balance

Cons

Career advancement opportunities, hard to advance

2. Good experience as a contract employee

Former Employee - Marketing Strategy in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Marketing Strategy in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Roche

Pros

Contractors treated very well and made to feel like part of the team with in the Diabetes Care team. A big plus you are employedd by an in-house temp agency Pro-Unlimed so payroll taxes paid so avoiding the 1099 hassels. Also able to receive health benefits.

Cons

Really enjoyed the work but the project ended very abruptly when department was eliminated and project moved.

3. Great experience and benefits.

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Opportunities for advancement. Company provides resources to help us succeed.

Cons

Slow moving organization. "Favorites" have best opportunities for advancement.

5. I enjoyed working for Roche.

I worked at Roche

Pros

The organization paid well and the environment was very professional and collaborative. The culture was good and programs were being implemented to further enhance the culture.

Cons

Sometimes the people were overly nice and difficult to read. Transparency with employees could have been better. Managers need to be straight with employees. I felt employees did not have a good, truthful understanding of why their careers may not have been progressing the way they wanted it to. Too much "Group Think" often stifled innovation.

Clearer Career Paths and Competencies are a MUST for an organization this size. Employees need better direction from management on career planning and what competencies they need to demonstrate to be considered for different roles, promotions or even a lateral move.

6. Great company with great people

Former Employee - Intern in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Roche

Pros

My manager and his manager were both extremely supportive and open to the idea of fresh ideas and new concepts. They let me explore new things along with doing the routine work- overall a very good experience. I would go back.

Cons

It's hard to start off at a lower level here. They're big on contractors.

7. Field Service Engineer

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Pay was great! Getting to travel places

Cons

No more bonuses every quarter. High stress job! No work/life balance.

Hire more people in the field!

8. Good company. Leadership struggles.

Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Pay is above average for the area. Campus remodel will modernize environment considerably. Great on-campus amenities.

Cons

Once you are in there is limited on the job training. Leadership positions are arbitrarily given.

Stop promoting good project managers into people manager roles.

9. Electracal Engineer

I worked at Roche

Pros

Cause theres growth in this company and theres a bright future and opportunities to inhanace a new skill.and a secure future .

Cons

To become part of a team who works together to keep the company moving forward and always exchanging idias so that there is growth with in the company.

A company can always make good business ones they know who are they compadeters and how to satisfy there customers.

10. Great company to work for

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Roche as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive, Benefits are great, company matching 401k. This was my first real and its been great so far.

Cons

Career opportunities are available but they open up rather slowly, however, they do get available positions which are filled by their contractors.

I have nothing that I believe management should change. They have treated me very well since I have started here.

11. It was a great company, there was a lot of learning to gain from this company in which I planet my mind to do so.

Former Employee - Senior Photographer in Nutley, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Photographer in Nutley, NJ

I worked at Roche

Pros

there where alot of events to cover for the company on a daily base, Meeting new people and learning about why these events was taken place, Team player was a great group to work with each and every day it was very close to a family who help each other in al phases of work in house and on location in which we did on a daily base also.
    Managers where great to work with too, cause he knew he had a great team to pull off any jobs that came our way an was completed and on time and if we had to put in over time it was not a problem for any of the team members.

Cons

I must say there was days when wealther was really bad and we still had to somehow make it in to cover the events.

None, that i can think of, We was all treated well as a team and there wasn't any person that got special treatment above all everyone was treated the same and work hard to maintain the word flow better each job we all did.