Roche

Roche Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan

Severin Schwan

Pros
  • Roche has excellent benefits, makes a profit consistently and has a great work life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Good Benefits, Salary was somewhat above average for industry (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Tracking of time spent on projects and work-life balance a low consideration (in 15 reviews)

• Senior management is terrible- employee reviews are terrible and highlight significant issues (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Roche Molecular Systems

Project Management (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsThis is specific to RMS - the Roche Pleasanton location.

None

ConsSr. Management is very sleazy and nonstop pathological lying is the culture. They will push subpar/incomplete products out the door only to collect bonus $$ - then spend $$ millions having to redo or correct critical design errors ultimately taking years to correct.

Work/Life balance is nonexistent and travel requirements are significantly higher than competitive /peer companies.

Leadership style is "fear" based -- "Lie to customers or be fired" is the SOP

RMD should be considered an embarrassment to Roche Holdings in terms of integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the pathological lying
    Stop pushing products out the door that will fail for the first 3 years or more until fixed or finished

Roche Molecular Senior Management

ProsLocated in San Francisco Bay Area

ConsSenior management is terrible- employee reviews are terrible and highlight significant issues. Most employees are afraid to speak up out of fear. Zero work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on and let qualified people take your place.

Nickeled and dimed and treated with disrespect.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey definitely care about their patients/revenue streams. I mean that in both ways; I'm not trying to be snarky.

ConsThey are not an honorable firm - they delay payments, argue over previously agreed upon contracts, re-negotiate in order to pay less AND collect on interest. DO NOT CONTRACT WITH ROCHE. Avoid them like the plagues that - to their credit - they are trying to fight.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some oversight and try to correct the bad blood you are creating worldwide.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CRED Study Leader

CRED Study Leader (Former Employee) Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

ProsNice building, nice company car, reasonnable salary, good benefits. Nothing else.

ConsThe worse management ever. Low moral. No consideration for people. Many people left on sick leave or resigned while I was there. This was considered by management as "normal" turn over, therefore no improvements were to be made...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet another job

A cut throat political organization, with head bobbing American leaders that are puppets of the Swiss & Germans

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are good training programs and good benefits. There are very nice people in Indianapolis.

ConsThe highest level of the organization can not be trusted. Reorganizations are endless and have been occuring for several years. Hundreds of people have lost their jobs without ever knowing the real reasons why. Many people throughout the Roche Divisions live in constant fear of losing their jobs.

When an individual is "re-orged" out, HR will put notes in the employee file such as "not eligible for rehire" - even if the employee was in good standing at the time of the "re-org". In some cases, particularly brutal managers will destroy a person mentally first in hopes that they will quit first - especially if the individual might be up for a severance package if they were to stay and get "re-orged" out instead.

Individuals in the sales organization have it the toughest. They are the scapegoats for all the Company's woes.

A root cause of the ruthlessness is the declining business in several of the Divisions and overall inability of the organization to meet profit margins year after year.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a soul

Not what it used to be when it was Boehringer Mannheim

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay you well and still have some benefits.

ConsThey pretend to care about you. Management isnt transparent. They have too much politics and favoritism and cliques. The management can think for themselves, have to have consultants to tell them how to do everything and the consultants are worthless too. They never heard of a long term plan to them it is 6 weeks. If you retire, they forget you ever existed.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUIT.

Very bad regional manger, shocking

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Kingdom, NY

ProsGives the impression that its a Greg place to work, however blame culture is high

ConsBad mangers, HR support very poor

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being bullies!!

Clinical Operations - Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Pros- Low workload
    - Good salary and benefits

Cons- Appalling behavior exhibited by management
    - High turn over

Very disappointing

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

Pros- Good team environment
     - Easy to get to know fellow employees
     - Very employee oriented

Cons- Poor quality of management
     - Very intricate business processes that change constantly
     - Certain departments are overworked and cannot practically lend needed support

Advice to Senior Management- Change business processes/culture to make then more user friendly
     - Implement management education/training to improve interaction with employees

Company lost it's way ... Irrelavant in diabetes industry

ProsVery good benefits in our industry

ConsFuture is bleak. Current and future products are 18 to 24 months behind the competition. Leadership has no idea, no strategy and no winnable position. I fear the worst for the organization in the next 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementA complete change in diabetes care leadership.

Worked for Roche? Contribute to the Community!