www.roche.com
Employer Engaged

Excellent environment for work with ample resources for training

Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Nutley, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Nutley, NJ

I worked at Roche full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and welcoming culture. Extensive investment in training of its employees. Good processes in place to facilitate workflow. Emphasis is on quality and not just speed. Projects are appropriately resourced

Cons

There are scheduling challenges when co-ordinating the San Francisco (3 hours west) and Basel (6 hours east) campuses

Achieving cultural integration across the global sites is challenging. The overall organization can benefit by attending to these matters

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Roche full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked my own hours, I produced as I saw fit, as long as I produced they left me alone. all in all in was an ideal job for a top producer and someone as driven as me. I couldn't have asked for a better career, until the industry went south.

Cons

Dishonest, big on lip service, poor on follow through even if they expect it from the folks in the field, corporate greed, lots of posturing, typical Nazi stereotype...all at Roche

Grow some. Integrity is sexy, concepts such as honor, character and ethics are sorely lacking at the top. We did in the field as we saw above at the corporate office.

A Rewarding experience

Current Employee - Finance Manager
    Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Roche full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Personal growth, corporate culture, sector

Cons

Any Cons at the moment

Glad I did it!

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Great benefits compared to other American healthcare-related companies
    Great culture at office/plant campuses
    Technology/clinical leader in diagnostics - best-in-class or close for most product types

Cons

Difficult to get to know others well if you are in the field
    Very sales driven - especially on some dead horses

Keep doing what you're doing.

You can't run fast enough or far enough ...from Roche Diagnostics

Current Employee - Point of Care Account Manager
    Current Employee - Point of Care Account Manager

I have been working at Roche full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, good benefits. The field sales team are professionals and wonderful to work with - dedicated.

Cons

No work-life family balance, they work you in to the ground as a result of poor product quality. Marketing is out of step with the industry and products suffer from significant development challenges where lack of planning and proper testing of equipment in the domestic US marketplace fail to reveal quality challenges. The company has a very well defined set of core values but unfortunately no one at high levels of management actually cares.

To retain and keep top talent and to be the place where people want to work - means a great deal to the people who have worked for Roche in the field and who have desperately tried to hold together a facade for our customers that makes us look like we practice what we preach. In reality as time goes on it is painfully apparent that the core values and desire to be "that place to work," are simply platitudes. Doing now what patients need next - actually has to happen to be true.

If you want a job as a cog in a machine. Here's one.

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Roche full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is great job security here, but not really much room for ambition. If you don't mind doing the same thing until the end of your career than this is a place for you. There are not many leadership opportunities, and those that are come rarely but last for life. In healthcare work-life balance is an afterthought. You must make that a personal goal to achieve for yourself, or else the company will use as much as you give and ask for more. Great benefits though.

Cons

The diagnostics division is not generally considered revenue generating, and as such all things are seen in that light. You can only do as good a breaking even so most successes seem muted. The is little room for advancement. You will work with an aging workforce that is waiting for someone to tell them to retire. The company resources in-house are world class, but the field is left to their own devices.

Take better care to investigate employee work-life balance. Structure your teams with an equal parts experience, ambition, energy, and knowledge. Question local behaviors and activities and match them with the corporate perks. Take care of the field employees and do not overtly make them feel like an expense.

Typical company

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Great products, great workers, nice Midwest city.

Cons

Lousy managers and management. No pension and benefits have deteriorated

Promote based on real performance, not on personal opinion.

I enjoy working here the benefits are great

I have been working at Roche

Pros

The benefits, the company values, core beliefs and they promote heavily from within

Cons

Training can be a bit much since there are constant changes happening daily. We aren't fully merged with our sister company GENE as expected

Consider taking employees through constant training and no to assume that they will learn via email

I worked at Roche

Pros

those that work are wonderful

Cons

to much mirco management here

Roche Regulatory Affairs (Nutley) was a great organization and great place to work!

Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Nutley, NJ
    Former Employee - Regulatory Affairs in Nutley, NJ

I worked at Roche full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It was a supportive, professional, laid back, familial environment. They offered opportunities for growth, great benefits and perks with generous bonuses and fair raises. Management was open to new ideas and process improvements.

Cons

The major con was the constant change once merged with Genentech. Once that happened there were a lot of changes structurally and otherwise.